Reccr.com Beta: Win Dead Space Ignition on Xbox 360!

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey CAGs! My buddy created Reccr.com, a great tool that recommends games you might like based on games you do like!

It's still in beta, with around 100 unique users right now. The more people who join, and with the more games they rate, the more accurate the recommendations become.

The contest is simple...

- Go to Reccr.com and connect via Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, or your Google profile. It takes literally less than 10 seconds to register.

- Rate some games! Rate at least 10 games then come back here and post the game that Reccr lists as your 'most recommended game' in the comment thread to be entered to win! The games are ranked in order from 1 to 100 beginning with your closest match.

- When you start rating games, a filter page will appear. You can select the gaming platforms you are interested in, and weed out the consoles you have no interest in.

That's it! It's a really great tool, and I'm excited to see more and more people use it. I've been using it for about a month and have already discovered some great titles I would have normally overlooked.

I realize that Dead Space Ignition isn't the greatest game ever, but it's free! Reccr.com is very grassroots right now, and I'm just tossing in the code to drum up some interest. The code is only good for Xbox 360, but gamers on all platforms can use and enjoy Reccr! The contest will end Monday, January 31st and the winner will be selected via a random number generator.

And when the contest ends, keep trying out Reccr! More exciting features, games and tools will be added to the site soon!

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
i signed up with my twitter account @dwb6

ya luvcraft is right. my most reccomended game is mega man X collection. kinda suprised it gave me that but i do like megaman

I signed up through Facebook so thanks for making it easy to do that.

My most recommended game would be Red Dead Redemption, that game is very awesome in my opinion.

I suspect that by "most recommended game", callmesteam means the top game that reccr recommends to you, not the top game that you personally recommend. For me it's Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, which makes sense since I really enjoyed "Curious Village" but haven't gotten around to playing any of the other Layton games yet.

Yeah, I guess I was kinda vague about the directions, but luvcraft is right. The game that Reccr thinks you should try out! Although Red Dead Redemption is excellent and highly recommended, and I now might give The Sims 2 a spin!

The most recommended game it gave me was the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3, I think I might check it out, Shadow of the Colossus was good and I hear great things about ICO.

Interesting. Lego Batman was the recommendation. Not something I would have picked personally, but still a decent pick. I'll probably have to start making more ratings to narrow things down.

Thanks for the contest!

I signed up with twitter: @solidalchemist

and ironically it has Metro 2033 as my recommended game, which is currently on my next to buy list hahah

He updated Reccr this weekend, and now it seems to be even more accurate. I'm getting games I haven't heard about before! My top is Summoner 2, for the longest time it was Mother 3. (I'm sure I'll love Mother 3, but can't seem to obtain an english copy. I'll have to try the PC port again soon)

Sorry for the double post but I have to say that reccr.com is amazing! The recommendation is accurate and if your favourite game is not there, you can upload it! I just love it :)

Rated 20 games as @ropes on twitter and it says my favorite game is Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition and I know that isnt true because I played it and liked it, but it wasn't nearly my favorite.

Mother 3 is also on my recommended list.

I give every game I liked 5 stars to even the odds.

[quote name='SpaceBabs']Sorry for the double post but I have to say that reccr.com is amazing! The recommendation is accurate and if your favourite game is not there, you can upload it! I just love it :)[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm sure he will be happy to hear that.

Don't forget it is in beta still, so if you notice missing games, or weird bugs, they are being worked out, or you can submit corrections yourself. This bigger pool of people checking it out is only making it stronger. Thanks to everyone for checking it out!

I got Wario Land: Shake It! because I rated Super Mario Galaxy 2, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, and Metroid Prime 5 stars each.

I was recommended Miner Dig Deep because I liked Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Super Metroid, The Orange Box, and Pac-Man C.E. DX.

Hahaha, all right. That's kind of a wide variety of games. :p

This site is actually pretty neat. Kinda addicting, really.

Congratulations to igotnodough! Random.org picked him as the winner of Dead Space Ignition for Xbox 360. Thanks to everyone for checking out Reccr.com and commenting in the thread! You guys really helped out with the beta test and provided a lot of great information!

This contest is over, but bookmark Reccr.com to keep an eye on upcoming additional features.

Thanks, Don

bread's done
Back