Received a counterfeit item from a "trusted" Amazon seller

ItsTrueItsTrue92

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
It was a Motorola H500 that fit all the descriptions of a fake item. Now when I complain to Amazon, they tell me to contact Globazar (the seller). Why should I even waste my time contacting Globazar when they sold me fake merchandise to begin with? How shoutl I go about getting my money back and what else could I receive as far as compensation.

where is this person located? if its outside the country then chances of getting your money is slim. all you could do is probably get the guy banned on amazon.

I've bought a few items off of marketplace resellers that turned out to be bootlegs. All DVDs though. A few I even bought knowing they would be bootlegs. On the few occasions that I've bought an item exoecting it not to be a bootleg I've left a bad rating and contacted the seller. After the 30 days or whatever it is I've been able to get in contact with Amazon and I have gotten a full refund more then once. But once again, that was with market place resellers. No idea how easy it would be to get Amazon to give you a refund from a trsuted seller.

Any Amazon.com listing for a Motorola headset has a link to a pdf file that explains how to spot a fake. Since your link only has a stock photo, it'd be impossible to tell.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Now when I complain to Amazon, they tell me to contact Globazar (the seller). Why should I even waste my time contacting Globazar when they sold me fake merchandise to begin with? ... and what else could I receive as far as compensation.[/quote]
If you want your money back from Amazon, you should probably jump through the hoop and contact Globazar, otherwise everything you say is speculation, even though you are probably right.

Contact them, then follow through with Amazon, it's only an email right?

If you're looking for additional compensation...who knows, you're more likely to get help from these folks if you remain calm and keep good records of what happens.

Take it to a Motorola store and see if they think it's a fake. Maybe they'll do something to help you out. After all, someone's bootlegging their shit. They have the means and the ability to hook you up or at least get the guy shut down.

Have you tried contacting motorola? They might be able to tell you if its a fake and might even be interested in getting that seller in deep doodoo. I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy to learn that amazon is letting them sell counterfit stuff without repurcussions.

Damn you depascal, you type faster then I do! :p

bread's done
Back