Received an Instant payment but it has been pending for 7 hours.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I received a payment last night around 11:00 PM Eastern but eBay states the payment is still pending. I checked my PayPal account and the money is there. When I click on the details of the payment, the status lists the transaction as complete (the payment type is Instant). Another odd thing is that I never received an email from PayPal stating that I received payment (I always do). The buyer has a decent amount of feedback, has a confirmed address, but is unverified.

Should I just go ahead and send him his item? I know with echecks, it takes time for a payment to go through. But this payment was Instant. Anyone ever encounter this before? Is it just PayPal and eBay lagging with the statistics? I don't understand how I have the money in my balance but never received an email.

you should email paypal to see what's up. i personally haven't encounter your experience before. i don't think you should send the item yet. you can just say that you're having some paypal issues that you need to iron out first (which you are) to the buyer so that he understands.

Check the link that appears at the top of the paypal page when you check the payment...see if the word error appears anywhere in the url. If I'm not mistaken, this happened to me once because there was a problem when the buyer clicked the payment button, and they ended up paying twice, one was pending, the other went immediately through. Ultimately both of them were okayed by paypal, I refunded the second....

I would email paypal and see what's up.

[quote name='Kendro']I received a payment last night around 11:00 PM Eastern but eBay states the payment is still pending. I checked my PayPal account and the money is there. When I click on the details of the payment, the status lists the transaction as complete (the payment type is Instant). Another odd thing is that I never received an email from PayPal stating that I received payment (I always do). The buyer has a decent amount of feedback, has a confirmed address, but is unverified.

Should I just go ahead and send him his item? I know with echecks, it takes time for a payment to go through. But this payment was Instant. Anyone ever encounter this before? Is it just PayPal and eBay lagging with the statistics? I don't understand how I have the money in my balance but never received an email.[/quote]

I have about 10 of my sold items with the same issue...I went ahead and shipped them since the money was there.

I have had this problem for a while now. On ebay it never says they have paid or anything,but it shows up in paypal. I go ahead and ship the games I haven't had a problem yet as far as getting screwed out of money.

It happens to me a few times, and it usually take a few days for it to clear. Personally I waited but it should be okay to send it right away

I had instances where I would receive email stating that I received payment and only a hand full of times where payment was in my PayPal account but never received email. I still shipped it out and everything was fine. I think its just a bug with PayPal's email system.

[quote name='Kendro']I received a payment last night around 11:00 PM Eastern but eBay states the payment is still pending. I checked my PayPal account and the money is there. When I click on the details of the payment, the status lists the transaction as complete (the payment type is Instant). Another odd thing is that I never received an email from PayPal stating that I received payment (I always do). The buyer has a decent amount of feedback, has a confirmed address, but is unverified.

Should I just go ahead and send him his item? I know with echecks, it takes time for a payment to go through. But this payment was Instant. Anyone ever encounter this before? Is it just PayPal and eBay lagging with the statistics? I don't understand how I have the money in my balance but never received an email.[/quote]
I've had the same thing happen with two payments in the past week. Both times, I never got a notification email from Paypal, and I got the hourglass pending payment icon in My eBay. Both times, it was an instant payment and the money was in my account. I shipped them both, and I've had no problems with them so far. I also shipped three packages Saturday night, but the blue box "shipped" icon never appeared for those packages in My eBay. It seems like ever since the two sites started upgrading, they've had some communication troubles.

It is saying the same thing for me right now along with saying buyer has not completed checkout. But I got a email from paypal saying that the guy paid and the money is in my account.

[quote name='SharpShooter']It is saying the same thing for me right now along with saying buyer has not completed checkout. But I got a email from paypal saying that the guy paid and the money is in my account.[/quote]

This is happening to me too...I logged in to my Paypal account and transaction say "completed" even though it's not showing up on eBay...I'm gonna go ahead and mail the items since I already have the money anyway...

I'm also having a problem with PayPal (or maybe it's the seller). How long does it usually take for a credit card payment on PayPal to go through? I paid last Sunday night and still haven't heard back from the seller who said it'd take a few days.

bread's done
Back