Rechargable batteries . . . good deal? any ideas?

schultzed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I can use a boost to my rechargable battery collection. (mostly for controllers)

I had a very good experience with All-Battery.com two years ago and I'm thinking of placing a new order.

I have a bunch of AAs (by Tenergy) that have been great but could use a few more. I was suspicious of the brand but they have performed quite well.

I'm looking at this set:

http://www.all-battery.com/t6278universalsmartfastchargerwith26-cellpackage8aa8aaa4c4d29v-new-1.aspx

I like the look of the charger (I just have a crappy little wall one for AAs) and the idea of having batteries of all types (on hand and for some particular items--like 9 volts).

I thought this set looked good at $80 with free shipping but then found a code "coupon15" and the set comes down to $68. "coupon15" appears to work with anything over $25.

Also of interest is this group (just for AAs):

http://www.all-battery.com/freeship...imhrechargeablebatterieswith6freeholders.aspx

free shipping and the code brings it to $25ish.

Anyone know of any other deals on batteries?

Last week, Best Buy had an exclusive special for Reward Zone members. Free rechargeable batteries to the first 50 people to enter and take advantage of double points sale. But I didn't go (waiting out Black Friday) and I'd like to hear from anybody who went if the batteries (and the "sale") was worth it.

There was a thread a while back about this, it basically came down to this charger: LaCrosse on Amazon with the Eneloop being a good alternative. I went with the LaCrosse and I really like it because it refreshes the batteries that you do have to like new status. You can see it happening. I highly recommend it. The All-Battery solution is decent, but I think the LaCrosse probably still comes in with better reviews (just look at Amazon). I'd consider going with the LaCrosse and refreshing all your current batteries and see how it goes from there. Then you can buy the All-Battery AA's since they always have coupon codes.

Yeah I have heard great things about the LaCrosse charger too. If I didn't have a huge costco pack of about 30 AA alkaline batteries already I would have bought the LaCrosse and Eneloops. I probably will once I run down my current supply of alkalines.

Ruahrc

If you have a Costco nearby, they frequently have the Sanyo Eneloop bundle on sale for $20 ($30 MSRP)

Bundle includes a 4-at-a-time Ni-MH AA/AAA battery charger, 8x AA Eneloop batteries, 2 AAA batteries and 4 each of the C and D-size adapters (put the AA's in the shell and it becomes a C or D-size battery)

The eneloops are one of the top-branded, low-discharge (retains charge like an alkaline battery, but able to be recharged again and again like a typical Ni-MH) NiMH's out there.

Cost of 4 good LSD Ni-MH's alone is like $8-12, so this bundle, when on sale is a good way to stock up and getting battery size adapters and an extra charge is just gravy.

Rayovac Hybrids are a very nice battery also.

Been using them for the wiimotes, solid batteries that last forever.

You can find them in packs of 4 for 9.99 at Target, one of the few places I've only found them at.

[quote name='xycury']Rayovac Hybrids are a very nice battery also.

Been using them for the wiimotes, solid batteries that last forever.

You can find them in packs of 4 for 9.99 at Target, one of the few places I've only found them at.[/QUOTE]

Here you can get 8 (2 x 4) for $12.24 (with free shipping if folded into an order of $25).

[quote name='Redeema']There was a thread a while back about this, it basically came down to this charger: LaCrosse on Amazon with the Eneloop being a good alternative. I went with the LaCrosse and I really like it because it refreshes the batteries that you do have to like new status. You can see it happening. I highly recommend it. The All-Battery solution is decent, but I think the LaCrosse probably still comes in with better reviews (just look at Amazon). I'd consider going with the LaCrosse and refreshing all your current batteries and see how it goes from there. Then you can buy the All-Battery AA's since they always have coupon codes.[/QUOTE]

Damn, why did I start this thread?

I thought the All-Battery charger looked pretty good, but I think the LaCrosse does take it up a notch.

The only downside is that the package that I cited in my 1st post is a good deal with many batteries. Especially getting the 9 volts in the deal. I do like the idea of the adapters for C and Ds.

I might order the LaCrosse (with the 8 batteries) and then get a 9 volt set from All-Battery

http://www.all-battery.com/plug-incompactchargerwith2pcsof9v250mahnimhbatteries.aspx

I'd have to pay shipping but if I put in over $10 worth of extra AAs and AAAs (which I'd like anyway) I can get the 15% discount. I'd come out of it with the 9v charger and two batteries plus 10 extra AA cells and 4 AAAs for $30 shipped.

So, I could get the LaCrosse with 8 cells (4 being AAA) and the 9vs, 4 AAAs and 10 AAs for $70
(24 cells total). Which gets close to the set I originally cited with 26 cells (including 4 Ds and 4Cs which I can mimic with the adapters).

I was at frys yesterday, they had a 4-pack of AA + 4-pack of AAA rechargables, + a Car Charger + a USB Charger + a 4 at a time home charger for 15 bucks. Pretty good deal.

Costco has a deal this week on Duracell set with AA, AAA and charger...if the batteries have white tops and note made in Japan on the side of the batteries, they are enelopes.

Bought the enelope kit over a year ago from Costco and some additional Duracell white top AAs... excellent life, even in a digital camera...

lol I actually forgot they were rechargeables the first go around as they lasted so long!

There's a $2 coupon for energizer rechargables here if you enter the contest:

http://www.energizer.com/holidayrecharge/

I see these go on sale in the ads every so often so it might be a good deal if Target has them on sale or something. I hear they have hybrid cells too now. Not a bad deal if you just need 1 pack of batteries.

bread's done
Back