Rechargeable batteries holding a charge problem

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've had the rechargeable batteries for my controllers since launch and in the last 6 months or so they seem really bad at keeping a charge. Is anyone else running into this problem?

Try completely draining them, then recharging to full. Other than that, I'm actually surprised they've lasted this long. Looks like time for a new set.

I've only had mine for about a year and they're like, Nyko play and charges, and I'm surprised about how great they work. I haven't had one problem yet. It may be your controller, though. A friend of mine's special edition Halo 3 controller has totally killed three of his battery packs.

Mine lasted about 2 months so your lucky. You should just buy new ones my local retailer had them for £9.00 which I thought was pretty cheap.

I'm using the MS branded rechargeable packs. Wow, after reading everyone's responses I guess I need to get new ones. I didn't even know there was other brands available, which ones are the best?
Thanks.

Hmm...I've had mine for a couple of years and they're running strong. Although, I did just get a new set of Eneloop AA's, and had 2 extra so I've been using those too, and they seem to last longer than the P&C packs at this point.

I just use rechargable AAs as I've read the PnP Charge Kit dies eventually just as normal rechargable AAs do. about after a year or so I pick up a new set of AAs to use as they get completely drained.

my play n charge battery hasn't been holding a charge often but the real problem is the cord. I once could...play n charge now the charging has to be done with the connector being propped up against to a ledge so it is being pushed in more. If I just snap the cord into the controller the light wont go on until i have it propped up. pretty disappointing, wish i bought a standalone 2 battery pack charger from the get go.

amazon has battery packs for pretty cheap, definitely gonna get a couple next pay check

Buy the Quick Charge kit. I've add 2 Play N Charge batteries stop charging after minimal use but they charge fine in the Quick Charge kit.

The Microsoft packs suck. They're like iPod batteries. The meter never displays the correct value because the first time you recharge without draining it, you throw the accuracy off. I've had mine for almost 3 years and they still hold a charge (only about 4-5 hours worth) but the controller goes off saying they're almost empty once I get to about 3 hours. But then you either have to plug it in or be distracted by the ring flashing like crazy for another hour or so.

I can't believe anyone uses those crummy MS packs. You can get a quad-pack of Duracells plus charger for less than the cost of an MS quick charge kit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The Microsoft packs suck. They're like iPod batteries. The meter never displays the correct value because the first time you recharge without draining it, you throw the accuracy off. I've had mine for almost 3 years and they still hold a charge (only about 4-5 hours worth) but the controller goes off saying they're almost empty once I get to about 3 hours. But then you either have to plug it in or be distracted by the ring flashing like crazy for another hour or so.[/QUOTE]

So, how is that like an iPod battery?

I got the play and charge kit during last year's promo when they were really cheap, so far they're still holding out. Though using rubble, extended game play, and the headset plugged into it drains the battery a lot faster than without (of course). I just plug it in and once the light turns green i unplug it.

tbh though, i could care less if I had a wired controller at this point.

Have the MS quick charge kit and a extra MS battery from back in early 2007. They don't hold a good charge anymore. They hold about 3-5 hours and less if there is a lot of rumble going on (shooting games). When they die (try to turn on controller, the green light comes on for about a second and then nothing), I put them on the quick charge and the lights go green in about a minute of being on there.

Debating if I should keep them or dump them. If I dump them, would GS be the best place?

My launch day battery from the P&C kit drains quickly now.. grabbed another, no problems anymore. Can play for hours without it going down to 3 bars.

I really, really wish you could disable the stupid notification it does when batteries get low.

bread's done
Back