Recomend any good/fun MMORPG's?

Technique

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hey guys! i was wonderin' if any of ya'll would recomend and mmorpg. I have city of heroes ive been playin that, but it just kinda gets borin after a while without any thing new, no pvp... Its not any fun just keepin on killin the thugs. And Ive tried sims online... pfff.. jeezz... thats dumb as hell... all you do is sit there and click on you sim and keep them healthy.. nothing new from the regular sims... anyways thanks!

CITY OF HEROS!? whats ur name, i wanna play with a fellow CAG! im blue cracka in justice server..... but other than that, ffxi seems good idk for sure, and everquest is as popular as ever... but as far as i can see the next big thing in the MMORPG world is World of Warcraft.

I've played many MMORPGs, and the only one that was ever able to hold my interest for a long time was everquest...Every other one I quit after a month or two, I was addicted to Everquest for a year. It probably wont be as fun for you as it was for me if you start now, since its so late in its life. If I were you, I would wait for Everquest 2, it will hopefully be good.

yea thats what I was thinking. Hey MAN! IM in the virtue server. I have a few chars.. Pyro Moe, Phage, akir

those are the names I useually am on

what about some new modern mmorpg thats comin out i hear?

I just got back into Asheron's Call (the first one, not 2) a couple of days ago. They add new content (dungeons, monsters, items, quests, etc) every month. It can be pretty fun.

Anarchy Online is another good one. Both AO and AC can be played solo or in a group. Forced grouping = sucks.

City of Heroes is easily accessible. Just jump in and play. It's like crack and I haven't been able to stop playing since I bought it. I'm on the Liberty Server as Brody Ramone or the Supernautt.

I just gotta add my two cents cause I'm an MMORPG nut.

I've played AC, AC2, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, SWG, Earth and Beyond Online and a few others.

Everybody likes different things so I could recommend the ones I thought were best, but it wouldn't matter. I suggest you try a few free trials and see for yourself.

AC2, SWG, and DAOC all offer free trial downloads. Some of the others probably do as well. Try a few out and stick with the best one.

Personally I enjoyed Asheron's Call the best, the monthly updates are great, but the game is definitely dated (graphics are lookin real old although they are planning an expansion to address this).

Good luck in your search, and don't forget to post what you wind up playing.

Hey could someone help me out with one, i've played ffxi but it was to slow :( I'm looking for somthing as close as you can get to diablo2, I loved that game.

yea on the radar is WoW war of warcraft, and the new lotr game comming out in 05, not exactly mmorpg but its online! im currently playing conditionzero and warcraft III: FT. waiting for everquest 2 since i never got to touch everquest 1.

all of you might also want to try morrowmind and everwinter nights. its diablo2's gameplay style.

[quote name='rimsforsale']

all of you might also want to try morrowmind and everwinter nights. its diablo2's gameplay style.[/quote]

You did not just compare those 2 games do Diablo2, did you? I hope not.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='rimsforsale']

all of you might also want to try morrowmind and everwinter nights. its diablo2's gameplay style.[/quote]

You did not just compare those 2 games do Diablo2, did you? I hope not.[/quote]

I've played morrowing and... yeah, not diablo 2. Can you help me out storamin?

[quote name='SpookyD'][quote name='Storamin'][quote name='rimsforsale']

You did not just compare those 2 games do Diablo2, did you? I hope not.[/quote]

I've played morrowing and... yeah, not diablo 2. Can you help me out storamin?[/quote]
I heard Guild Wars is going to have D2's style, and not have a fee, I don't know when it is scheduled to be released though.

try anarchy online.
I ha e played it for a few years ans still havent seen everything or been everywhere
plus they are coming out with a big xpak soon that adds player cities and stuff.
Just dont play a clanner ;P

I think they have a deal now that is free first 2 months and you pay 9.95 for the complete download with all xpaks so far
2 months should give you enough time to see if you like it or not
www.anarchyonline.com

and dont let people tell you it sucks. It is one of the best out there now, servers are uber stable, freindly people to help noobs, youll never see everything in the game, no exploiters(or very few that you never hear about)
and no it doesnt ctd like it did at release.

Look for the World of Warcraft...Warcraft and EQ2 got a side by side preview and the reviewers from the magazine said although EQ2 offers great graphics and a character growth has good depth, Warcraft still had much more to offer. I think they are right, the graphics drip with personality, Blizzard always has good content in their games, and it already has more then any other game had at its release, and it still is in beta until december. Only problem is that it's a long wait.

Hi, I've played alot of Online Games and yes they do vary depending on the type of player. I like games that let me solo or group, not forced grouping such as Everquest 1 and 2. Graphics are not super important to me although I do enjoy good graphics. I'm not really into eye candy. I jsut want the graphics to fit the game and make a good fantasy setting. World of Warcraft achieved this greatly. I love the graphics way more than SWG or even EQII. It's a fun game with alot to do and see. The quests are many and very rewarding and it's just basically a fun game. The only downside to it in my opinion is no player built cities or structures which I'm very fond of after playing Horizons.
Horizons: I loved this game. It does have alot of problems but I was happy with it. You can solo in it easily and they have alot of quests to do. Unfortunately, they filed Chapter 11 and don't have a big staff, ie. it takes a while to fix things. Plus, my computer went out and my second one couldn't handle the game. Horizons has a horrible Ram leak and I had to restart my comp. every couple of hours because it got so slow.
Anarchy Online: Is a very fun game, the graphics may be a bit old but I think they're great. It's a very unique game and again, u can solo in it. There's so much to do and see in the game that I can't even begin to describe here. Let's just say it's one of the very few unique and original games out there.
Everquest. I played it for years and I hate it with a passion. It was my first MMORPG and I don't know why I stuck with it for so long. I tried and tried to solo it and I did a good job of it, but it took so long. You are basically forced to group. It's just group, kill, kill, kill, level, group, kill kill kill level. If you like that then EQ is the game for you. The crafting in it is horrible and to be honest it's just a plain money waster.
Star Wars Galaxies is not a good game either in my opinion. I hate the leveling system. There's not alot to do in it, all of the quests are from little consoles and theuy're all the same and very unrewarding, deliver this, kill this, deliver this, kill this. It took me a week to become incredibly powerful in the game. It doesn't take long to advance but unfortunately the advancement just isn't very fullfilling. If you like alot of Eye Candy and dead worlds and running around to new places only to find that everyone else is on Mos Eisly and there's no one anywhere else, then go for it, I personally believe SWG was a testing ground for EQII.
Well, just do like that other guy said and try free trials and see what you like. I hate alot of games that others love. WOW is a great game and almost everyone is in agreement about that. I don't know about EQII but I do know that everytime I go to a store, theyr'e all sold out of WOW and there's plenty of EQII boxes there, hehehe. The major thing is to pick a game that's fun for you. A MMORPG should never feel like work or become frustrating daily. If it does, put it away and find a better one. :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

bread's done
Back