Recomend me some games

ricky715

CAGiversary!
Hey, if you remember, im the one with the broken Biostar mobo. Well my gigabyte came in the mail today and it works fine.

Since im new to pc gaming because of a lack of a quality computer, id like you to recomend a new game or two.

Im quite fond of Oblivion, half life, and games with a great storyline.

It's old, but Deus Ex has a great storyline and is sort of like Oblivion in that it is a first person shooter RPG (although very linear and it is a science fiction game).

Okay. First, ignore bmachine. Second, listen to Foo. Deus Ex is awesome, unlike its sequel "Invisible War". But if you want to see the precursor to both it and Oblivion, track down Ultima Underworld. A classic game that still holds up quite well today. Other very old games that I recommend are the Monkey Islands and the brutally hard strategy game "X-Com: UFO Defense". Oh, and Grim Fandango. If you like good writing, you will fucking love that one. An' of course, I must put in a plug for my beloved Starcraft.

Timeshift and Prey are both pretty good, especially now that you can find them dirt cheap. They'll look nice on your new rig.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is also good for showing off a new computer.

Stalker and Two Worlds are decent.

Neverwinter Nights is good, especially if you get into the multiplayer scene.
www.neverwinterconnections.com

Hellgate: London is OK if you want some mindless clicking. You may want to stick with single player since the future of the servers is uncertain.

If you like point and click adventures I'd recommend "Moment of Silence" and "Culpa Innata".

System Shock 2, any of the PC Baldur's Gates, either of the Fallouts, Planescape:Torment.

How far back do you want to go?

Aquaria if you like adventure games. It looks beautiful, the sound is top notch, and the game play is wonderful and unique. There is a demo so try it out. You'd think I was getting kick-backs from the amount of posting about this game I do.

Oh, hey, if you liked Half-Life - the original one, I mean - you should get Opposing Force. It's a little shorter than I would have liked, but it's a fantastic expansion to the original game with some really good new weapons. The alien grenade launcher is particularly good - love the idle animation on it.

I second Company of Heroes, it isn't the same Genre of say Oblivion, but it is a unique experience only on the PC. I got a used Gold Copy (includes expansion pack) for under $20 on Ebay.

Thanks, off to the store!
I have played Flightgear before and tried flight sim 2004 or something on my old laptop, its not as fun if you dont have a yoke, whats the cheapest yoke i can get that isnt made of toothpicks and tomato paste (not the most crappy thing out there)

[quote name='billyrox']shogo best game no one ever heard of.... because it was released right before halflife[/quote]

Seconded. Very good game.

BIG second to X-Com, might want to wait until the launch of Good Old Games, google it---they will be selling old games XBLA style for 6-9 dollars that have been reprogrammed to work in vista and xp, you might see x-com there. Also, why hasn't anyone metioned Spore? Jump all over that pre-order, Spore looks to be amazing, forget Little Big Plante!!!

bread's done
Back