Recomendations on PS3 games?

mikeyhegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
My girlfriend got me an 80gb MGS4 bundle for our anniversary. So far I have MGS4, warhawk, folklore and resistance. I'm looking mostly for exclusive titles...I have a 360 and have most of the bigger multi-platform titles for it. Also, co-op/fantasy games are a plus, as I can play them with my girlfriend. Help a fellow CAG out!

IMHO you have all of the games worth buying now (perhaps pick-up a Motorstorm used).
Definately rent Uncharted (or if you can find it cheap used, there is a 25% off used PS3 coupon for gamestop this week) I just wouldn't pay more than $15 for it.

[quote name='bmachine']Uncharted is amazing, and it has trophies now!

The Ratchet and Clank game is a lot of fun, too.[/quote]
Yes, get R&C.
I still say rent Uncharted.
It's good, it's just deravative gameplay but with some great visuals. However, the whole time I played it I was like "I wish I could play this with a 360 controller."

[quote name='bmachine']Uncharted is amazing, and it has trophies now!

The Ratchet and Clank game is a lot of fun, too.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Uncharted was hard for me to put down and Ratchet and Clank are generally good games and the PS3 version is no exception.

I also want to make another suggestion: Resistance. Now it is a greatest hit.

Guys he said he has mgs4 and resistance already...

I pretty much think you have everything you need. Rent uncharted, I second that, and maybe think about Ratchet and Clank.

Heavenly Sword is cool. Shame the sequel got cancelled. It's not as "complex" as Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, etc. But the style and presentation is phenomenal. Especially the main character's voice acting. It's actual acting, not just line delivery.

Ratchet & Clank Future - Quest for Booty on PSN for $15.
Super StarDust HD is excellent with trophy support
Uncharted has trophy support and an excellent game
Call of Duty 4
Soul Calibur IV

UMMM... Ratchet and Clank is just a prettied up version of the other 50 R&C games. Still just ridiculous, and pale compared to even Mario Sunshine imo. Heavenly Sword is a joke at even $30. Uncharted is probably the only game you don't have that's worth a damn. Motorstorm if you're into that is good, and Ninja Gaiden is great... if you haven't already played NG: Black, which is around $10 for the disc or download on the XBox classics page. But who owned an XBox original and skipped NG?

Honestly, you have ALL the decent games. You didn't miss anything, Sony just failed this time around.
Until Little Big comes round, nothing is looking to be exclusive or worth much. Heavy Rain looks interesting, but Mirror's Edge isn't impressing me.
I'll continue to buy all my third party stuff on the XBox, as I would hate to confuse publishers, just to build a PS3 library. Especially when the hardware if competently being utilized on the XBox, and the games fare much better than on the PS3. Not to mention LIVE.

I know it sucks having both, and only using one for movies, but hey, it's cheaper than a Bluray standalone :)

Good luck.

[quote name='drone8888']UMMM... Ratchet and Clank is just a prettied up version of the other 50 R&C games. Still just ridiculous, and pale compared to even Mario Sunshine imo. Heavenly Sword is a joke at even $30. Uncharted is probably the only game you don't have that's worth a damn. Motorstorm if you're into that is good, and Ninja Gaiden is great... if you haven't already played NG: Black, which is around $10 for the disc or download on the XBox classics page. But who owned an XBox original and skipped NG?

Honestly, you have ALL the decent games. You didn't miss anything, Sony just failed this time around.
Until Little Big comes round, nothing is looking to be exclusive or worth much. Heavy Rain looks interesting, but Mirror's Edge isn't impressing me.
I'll continue to buy all my third party stuff on the XBox, as I would hate to confuse publishers, just to build a PS3 library. Especially when the hardware if competently being utilized on the XBox, and the games fare much better than on the PS3. Not to mention LIVE.

I know it sucks having both, and only using one for movies, but hey, it's cheaper than a Bluray standalone :)

Good luck.[/quote]

Best fanboy response of the year...:roll::applause::applause:

Notice my PSN ID on the side???
I'm not the only disgruntled gamer. I stated unbiased suggestions, and some opinions... which are actually on point with most people who've played those games. Besides some of the gems on PSN store, there isn't much out that warrants a purchase. I'm sorry if you can only afford 1 system, and you chose the stinker... but I have all 3, and base my opinions on the game, not the console. Sorry that Sony screwed developers, but it's not an excuse to buy subpar games just to validate my purchase.
You, sir, are the fanboy.
I stand by my opinions.
:)
best of luck

[quote name='Dante Devil']I also want to make another suggestion: Resistance. Now it is a greatest hit.[/quote]

I've had Resistance for months but I haven't been able to summon the desire to play it. I'll have to pop it in once I finish my second runthrough of Uncharted.

[quote name='bmachine']I've had Resistance for months but I haven't been able to summon the desire to play it. I'll have to pop it in once I finish my second runthrough of Uncharted.[/quote]

resistance is best enjoyed in co-op. i tried single player and it pissed me off! i kept dying and dying by random enemies that pop out of nowhere. With a partner they can watch your back specially in some ridiculously hard boss battles.

I have roughly ten games for the PS3, and sadly I thknk maybe two of them are exclusive (that's kind of sad).

But anyways if you are looking for exclusive games I will add another vote for Ratchet and Clank. I never played a R&C game before Future Tools of Destruction but I had a lot of fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
pixel junk monsters is a great game, i got it or 5 bucks.. funny my girl got me the same thing as you for our anniversary.. enjoy

[quote name='drone8888']Notice my PSN ID on the side???
I'm not the only disgruntled gamer. I stated unbiased suggestions, and some opinions... which are actually on point with most people who've played those games. Besides some of the gems on PSN store, there isn't much out that warrants a purchase. I'm sorry if you can only afford 1 system, and you chose the stinker... but I have all 3, and base my opinions on the game, not the console. Sorry that Sony screwed developers, but it's not an excuse to buy subpar games just to validate my purchase.
You, sir, are the fanboy.
I stand by my opinions.
:)
best of luck[/QUOTE]

theyre not on point with mine or any of my friends.
to say youre sorry he can only afford 1 system while you are so blessed to have all 3 is idiotic, and frankly makes you out to be a complete jackass. i guess you were also blessed to have played 50 r&c games, the rest of us only had the opportunity to play 6 others. im guessing the extra 44 you played where of a completely different cloth to warrant your comparison to mario sunshine.

[quote name='taint mcgee']stop fighting, this is about what games he should get/rent. I would say uncharted and....................... LAIR!!!! MUAHAHA[/quote]
Don't fall into that (sar) Chasim, (wahhwahhwahhwahhhhhh).
Let's all agree Uncharted is worth playing, let your budget (both temporal and monetary) be the judge. Personally, I would save the scratch.

Having owned a PS3 for about 6 months, I would agree with a few of the minority opinions expressed in this thread. Ratchet and Clank looks really nice ... but the gameplay is shallow and lacking in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if you're a fan of the series, good for you, but it doesn't hold you the same way many of the really good nintendo platformers do. Resistance isn't worth it ... feels plastic to me without any real exciting moments, if that makes sense ... but I'm looking forward to Resistance 2 which looks to improve the whole experience.

Uncharted is a good rental, but I'd think twice before purchasing it ... I've had it since January and haven't touched it in about 3 months. None of the games mentioned above are bad ... they just aren't as good as some of the games you already own and some of the offerings on other consoles. Save your money for some of the stuff coming out between now and the end of the year, because it's going to be great.

If you're looking for social games that you can play with your gf or friends, I have two suggestions. 1. Like someone else mentioned, check out the PSN network, there are a ton of cheap and fun little games on there for sale ... I know I'm going to get shit for this but the rubber duck game that's on there is cheap and girls really tend to dig it for some reason. It's also great to bust out at parties when everyone's been drinking and you watch your friends stumble around with a controller and ducks falling all over the place. 2. Rockband and Singstar are fun social games too ... people crap on Singstar alot, but if you can get past the cheesy intro videos and like Karaoke, it's actually not too bad ... and xbox 360 can't compete until Lips comes out ... just a few thoughts

I recommend all PS3 exclusives except Haze because I haven't played it. IMHO if you own a 360 all SONY brings to the table is minor graphical upgrades and free online. I think you're library comes down to those two factors. If you're on LIVE and most of your friends and family are as well there's no need to get cross platform titles for the PS3. Also what SONY forgot this gen is that graphics don't make the game. Sure there graphics are a notch above MS the gameplay is the same aside from exclusive content; Overlord/Fight Night Round 3. Being a new PS3 owner you need to be saving for your copy of Little Big Planet. The innovation in this title I think will change how the gamer interacts with titles in the future. One last thing that is key to buying any PS3 title is hard drive space. Sure you can upgrade the hard drive yourself if you need more space, but SONY should have provided larger ones to begin with knowing the space game loads would take. Good luck and enjoy the system.

Super StarDust HD is excellent with trophy support!
Call of Duty 4!
Pixel Junk Eden / Monster!
Street Fighter Puzzle Fighter HD!

I bought the MGS bundle on launch day.

tested MGS for a few mins. eh.
got heavenly sword - quite disappoined, expected a bit more
got resistance - sealed
got uncharted - haven't touched
got warhawk - haven't touched.
and haven't bought a bluray yet, 1st will be transformers.

I to am wondering what games to get that are exclusive to PS3.
Currently playing a backlog of 360 games, and will give ps3 soon.

so from what I've heard I have most of the must have games but haven't even played them yet, sigh. so many games so lil time.

i did connect my psp to it though, that was fun.

[quote name='bmachine']I've had Resistance for months but I haven't been able to summon the desire to play it. I'll have to pop it in once I finish my second runthrough of Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

Its very clunky game... I was clamoring for a FPS and when i got it I was very uninmpressed... maybe all these people should go back and play it again. I played Uncharted first so maybe the fluid movement of that game altered y expectations.

I played Resistance up until a chapter or two after
I got bit

Not a great game I say rent resistance and buy uncharted.

I'm going to get blasted for this I'm sure, and while it's not PS3 exclusive, "Conan" is ridiculously good button mashing fun.... and it's fairly cheap by now too.

I'll second Conan as being entertaining ... I rented it from Gamefly and kept it around a week or so. Granted it's kind of a poor man's God of War, but until GW3 comes out whenever it's coming out (not this year), it's a fun diversion. Speaking of Gamefly, if you don't have it, stop buying games and just get that instead of buying more PS3 games. You'll get your money's worth and if you really like a game, you can usually save $10 to $15 bucks off the top if you buy it from them right when it comes out.

bread's done
Back