Recommend a gaming mouse

bmsdaddy

CAGiversary!
Looking for some suggestions on a new mouse. I was using a Logitech mX performance mouse, but they have not been lasting too long (replaced under warranty and the replacement did not last long either). Two I have been considering are the Diablo 3 mouse from Steelseries and the Corsair Vengeance M60 Laser Gaming mouse, but I am still open to others.

Check out Razer's offerings. They're not too expensive ($40-60), and they're great for gaming.

My current mouse is a Razer Lachesis. It certainly outperforms any "traditional" mouse, but it's a little small/uncomfortable. A friend of mine had a similar Razer mouse that was a bit bigger, and that was the most comfortable mouse I've ever used.. can't remember which model it was, though.

Does the mouse have to be wired or wireless? If you don't mind wireless, the Logitech G700 is fantastic. I'd suggest getting a Logitech mouse over any Razer mouse, as Logitech's warranty/support is far better.

Definitely go with the Deathadder for the instant response time and added grip, and definitely go wired. Wireless mice have the disadvantage of not being tethered, so you can freely move your mouse and lose position on your mouse pad while gaming intensely. You're also more apt to forget the position the mouse is in while gaming; you might be holding it slightly askew and when you move it forward you end up turning or looking in the wrong direction. That can be infuriating if you play lots of FPS games like I do. It's actually beneficial to be aware of when you need to reposition the mouse, imo.

[quote name='Blade']Definitely go with the Deathadder for the instant response time and added grip, and definitely go wired. Wireless mice have the disadvantage of not being tethered, so you can freely move your mouse and lose position on your mouse pad while gaming intensely. You're also more apt to forget the position the mouse is in while gaming; you might be holding it slightly askew and when you move it forward you end up turning or looking in the wrong direction. That can be infuriating if you play lots of FPS games like I do. It's actually beneficial to be aware of when you need to reposition the mouse, imo.[/QUOTE]

I think that's more of a preference than anything. I choose to use a wireless mouse because I absolutely hate being tethered. Also, the G700 gives you the option of going wired so that doesn't really make a difference for that specific mouse.

I also use the Razer Deathadder and it's the best mouse I've ever owned.

That being said I plan on stepping up to the Razer Naga Hex mouse once the red version is easier to find. I need it so bad for Diablo :lol:

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Anyone with experience with the Razer Mamba?[/QUOTE]

From what I gathered the Mamba is basically a wireless Deathadder with a laser sensor. Personally I prefer optical sensors, so I still recommend the Deathadder, especially since it's less than half the price of the Mamba.

Thank you all for your suggestions. When my wife learned I was planning to buy a new mouse she gave me my birthday present early - the Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse. So far, it seems to be really nice.

This is the first mouse I have owned in a VERY long time that was not made by Logitech. My last few Logitech mice have not been of the same high quality that they used to be. My first mX performance mouse wore out in last then a year and was replaced under warranty (Logitech service is still fantastic). Unfortunately, the replacement has had tracking issues and the left mouse button often registers a double-click when I want a single-click; Logitech is going to replace it again though.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Thank you all for your suggestions. When my wife learned I was planning to buy a new mouse she gave me my birthday present early - the Steelseries Diablo 3 mouse. So far, it seems to be really nice.

This is the first mouse I have owned in a VERY long time that was not made by Logitech. My last few Logitech mice have not been of the same high quality that they used to be. My first mX performance mouse wore out in last then a year and was replaced under warranty (Logitech service is still fantastic). Unfortunately, the replacement has had tracking issues and the left mouse button often registers a double-click when I want a single-click; Logitech is going to replace it again though.[/QUOTE]

That D3 mouse is good for 10 million clicks, so you don't have to worry about it wearing out on you for a long time.

bread's done
Back