Recommend a good game I can play (integrated graphics card, older is fine)

evilguy69

CAGiversary!
Short reason why: I'm headed off to college with a poor laptop, and I want to keep my PC gaming alive. Any recommendations for quality games, no matter the age (ok, maybe not before 2000). I don't know the exact chipset, but it is intel, and I think the number is somewhere near 3000. Regardless, it can run civilization 4 with extreme tribulation, so something easier to run than that.

And since this is cag, the cheaper the better!

Im playing knight of the old republic currently. I missed it the first time around. Its an older game but its aged really well and a lot of fun to play.

Do you RPGs? Bust out some older PC RPG such as Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment. All are AAA+ games that have TONS of playtime (I think between BG 1 and 2 and the expansions, I probably played for 150-200 hours, and that's not an exaggeration). These are all VERY inexpensive to get nowadays, and will run on nearly any computer. There are also many freely available hacks/mods that improve them, add content, fix inconsistencies, etc.

These are mid to late 90's games, but are still better than many current PC RPGs imho.

I can probably find something worthy that interests me in that list...thanks guys!

And i might also try subscribing to Gametap, since it is relatively cheap and i dont need to take the risk of buying a game that might not run.

a few games... Max Payne, Grand Theft Auto 3 ,Black & White ,WarCraft 2 Battle.net Edition (Jewel Case) ,Gran Turismo 3 A-spec,WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos Collector's Edition ,Hitman 2: Silent Assassin ,Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis ,Half-Life: Counter-Strike ,

Ares Mobiles Internet SEO Company www.advanceloan.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge fan of Age of Empires if you like RTSes. Campaigns take a lot of time to complete. The original AoE is from '97 though... Still loads of fun.

Deus Ex (the first one)
Anachronox
Sacrifice
Quake Live (for some free multiplayer action)
Command & Conquer series
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Warcraft 3

System Shock 2
Thief I and II
Unreal Tournament and UT2K4
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Sam and Max
Alien Vs Predator 2
Battlefield 1942
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon Siege
Clive Barkers Undying
Armed and Dangerous
Anything from Blizzard
Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Hidden & Dangerous 2
No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
Dungeon Keeper
CARMAGEDDON II: CARPOCALYPSE NOW
STAR WARS: JEDI KNIGHT- DARK FORCES II
BEYOND GOOD & EVIL
COMMANDOS 2: MEN OF COURAGE
PSYCHONAUTS
FAR CRY
VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES
MAFIA

Last edited by a moderator:
neverhoodbf.jpg

[quote name='evildeadjedi']System Shock 2
Thief I and II
Unreal Tournament and UT2K4
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Sam and Max
Alien Vs Predator 2
Battlefield 1942
Neverwinter Nights
Dungeon Siege
Clive Barkers Undying
Armed and Dangerous
Anything from Blizzard
Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Hidden & Dangerous 2
No One Lives Forever 1 and 2
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
Dungeon Keeper
CARMAGEDDON II: CARPOCALYPSE NOW
STAR WARS: JEDI KNIGHT- DARK FORCES II
BEYOND GOOD & EVIL
COMMANDOS 2: MEN OF COURAGE
PSYCHONAUTS
FAR CRY
VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES
MAFIA[/QUOTE]

This man knows what he's talking about ! :applause: I was in the same situation with you, got a nice laptop, but came with integrated. The ones I bold run great on my laptop, it's an intel like yours so it should work. The ones in bold are also the ones I would recommend the most :cool:. Look into Serious Sam series if you're interested in shooters like Doom. Theres also Alice which is pretty fun. Check out some of the Popcap games too, most notably Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies. And finally, check out Baldurs Gate I(with mods), and Planescape Torment for some serious RPGing.

Throwing out Diablo 2. It's my comfort/chicken soup game. Alice was pretty awesome. Lots of good recommendations in this thread already - but $ to hour, I've gotten the most entertainment value and life lost from D2.

Thanks Cupcake I was just looking through my collection and picked out ones that most likely could run on an integrated GPU. I forgot about Alice and Serious Sam. Did American Mcgee ever make the Oz game?

Oh I forgot one Daikatana lol (j/k)

Giants: Citizen Kabuto is good though.

The Star Trek Elite Force FPS was good also.

Besides the others already mentioned.

I still play Age of Empires II regularly myself. Just about any system can handle that game. In fact just about any strategy game than came out before the mass shift to 3D engines will run on a laptop.

bread's done
Back