Recommend Internet and Cable Service

Dustin Echoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all. I just moved today and I was shopping around for a high speed internet and basic cable package. Is there any place that is running a really good special or perhaps a service anyone can recommend? I see that I can go with Time Warner basic cable and roadrunner for about $80 a month. Wondering if there is anything better out there. Thanks! BTW, I am now in San Antonio.

I don't know what cable companies exist in TX, but I use Brighthouse cable and Earthlink High-Speed for my internet. Your current choice is just fine, though.

I have SBC DSL, and Comcast High Speed Cable.

I'm using SBC, as I've since a long time ago, but was Pac Bell.

As far as cable goes I'd be really surprised if you have a choice, and even more surprised if the choice was greater than two options.

IVE GOT CHARTER CABLE. ONLY $40 FOR 3MB. IM IN SO CAL, SAN GABRIEL VALLEY. I WAS GOING TO GO FOR SBC DSL AS IT IS MORE STABLE BUT HARDLY ANYBODY HAS CABLE IN MY AREA, WHICH IS FASTER THAN DSL SO I WENT THAT ROUTE. SO FAR, SO GOOD. I'VE DL'D SOO MUCH STUFF, GIGS, AND I GUESS NO LIMIT.

[quote name='Supernothing']You guys have more than one cable company in your area?[/quote]
that was my question. Usually there is only one that you are stuck with. Satallete TV is coming along nicely, Im gonna look into that when I get my own place again. You can get cable internet or dsl.

[quote name='BigNick']Satallete TV is coming along nicely, Im gonna look into that when I get my own place again. You can get cable internet or dsl.[/quote]

A lot of people I know have problems with the satalite's reception in poor weather. I've got Insight Digital cable and it's awesome. I have the "triple play" package consisting of phone, cable and bb internet.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']what kind of minimum speed is suggested for playing games over xbox live? Would 384 Kbps down and 128 up be sufficient?[/quote]

Thats what I ahve, and it works fine.

Wow you actually have a choice...we only have one cable service for both here. I could go DSL on the internet service, but what the hell might as well serve the local monopoly.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='BigNick']Satallete TV is coming along nicely, Im gonna look into that when I get my own place again. You can get cable internet or dsl.[/quote]

A lot of people I know have problems with the satalite's reception in poor weather. I've got Insight Digital cable and it's awesome. I have the "triple play" package consisting of phone, cable and bb internet.[/quote]

I dont really hear many complaints on it. Half of my nekghbors have it, and it snows and rains like crazy out here.

bread's done
Back