Recommend me a DVD Burner

dragonsho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
So my Lite-On external basically just died on me after a year of use.

What I'm looking for is a reliable Internal SATA drive that supports burning DVD-R,+R,-RW, and +RW (and of course CD-R). Any extra features are nice but I wont use them most likely. I want something that is quiet and fast. Any suggestions?

i run a toshiba 16x duel layer for almost 5 years now with heavy use without any problems- burns/plays everything but hd/bd. now by SATA, you're talking about a hdd? try xpcgear.com, used them for as long as I've been building/repairing computers with now problems.

[quote name='dragonsho']So my Lite-On external basically just died on me after a year of use.

What I'm looking for is a reliable Internal SATA drive that supports burning DVD-R,+R,-RW, and +RW (and of course CD-R). Any extra features are nice but I wont use them most likely. I want something that is quiet and fast. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]What a coincidence. I also had a Lite-On external that crapped out on me. Screw that company. If I were in need of a replacement right now, I'd probably look into buying a Pioneer or TDK.

[quote name='dragonsho']I think I'll probably go with this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151153

Most Pioneer drives didn't have too good reviews or only had a few.

Anyone have any experience with this Samsung?[/QUOTE]

Have an earlier version of that drive (the 16x version, which came before the 18x and then the 20x). I got it over a year ago when 16x was the fastest (18x was like $80) budget model. Mine's been working good, zero coasters.

Well Lite-on is one of the better brand for burners. I still have my old one 4 years and still running great. But if you want that brans then go for samsung or NEC or LG ones.

You know my Sony DVD burner sounds like it's getting ready to kick the bucket. It sounds louder and louder plus when it spins down it sounds like it's hitting the breaks too hard and might shatter the disc from inside. Every drive I have bought has been loud, is there any drive that is quite?!?!

I'm hoping that the Samsung is quiet.

The external lite on I had shook so much that it tried to climb my monitor. On top of it being loud, it was clanging against the monitor stand.

[quote name='wingeddragon']Ive had my pioneer for 2 years now. I use it alot. No problems at all.[/quote]
Hell my 2x burner I bought back in the day is still going strong

[quote name='dragonsho']I'm hoping that the Samsung is quiet.

The external lite on I had shook so much that it tried to climb my monitor. On top of it being loud, it was clanging against the monitor stand.[/QUOTE]

I recommend the Samsung one as well. I have 2 of those (in 2 separate computers) and they both run very quiet and burn without problems. I've made zero coasters so far. I have the lightscribe version of the Samsung burner.

[quote name='luffy21']Well Lite-on is one of the better brand for burners. I still have my old one 4 years and still running great. But if you want that brans then go for samsung or NEC or LG ones.[/quote]

Lite-on has a horrible rep and uses cheap tech. Like with any product you can run to a winner despite that, but they are not one of the better brands.

bread's done
Back