recommend me a extreme gaming desktop, and coupon if you got one.

nicz888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i am thinking of buying a really high end gaming pc, mainly for gaming. like voodoo pc, alienware. if you have any recommmendation please let me you. also if you have any coupon that helps me save a little. please post it too. thanks.

[quote name='nicz888']i am thinking of buying a really high end gaming pc, mainly for gaming. like voodoo pc, alienware. if you have any recommmendation please let me you. also if you have any coupon that helps me save a little. please post it too. thanks.[/quote]

I was impressed with what I saw at voodoo when I was considering buying a laptop from them they have a fairly small staff and apparently communicate very well with their customers. But, to be honest, I'd never buy a desktop from any manufacturer, it's a whole lot cheaper (and fun!) to build one. That, and you know exactly what you put into it and it's easier to diagnose problems.

Get a Playstation 3 home computer and live in a constant state of 4D virtual reality!

ps3-powered-by-apple-20060707070218644.jpg

You can build anything sold by Alienware or Voodoo for a fraction of what they ask. Also alot of companies will void your warrenty for opening your pc up to upgrade. If you build, you will get seperate warrenties on each part.

ok, i will build one on my own. here is what i found so far.

case:
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-mozart-tx-silver-window.html

processor
http://www.buy.com/prod/Intel_Core_...cket_775_Processor/q/loc/61905/202786581.html

video card
http://www.buy.com/prod/ATI_Radeon_...ess_x16_Video_Card/q/loc/61905/202987758.html

motherboard
http://www.buy.com/prod/ASUS_P5W_DH...erboard_BR_1066MHz/q/loc/61905/202820024.html

so far 1870.00

i don't know the rest, that is what i pick out so far. any suggestion. comment, please feel free to post it. thanks.

Screw Buy.com... get stuff from Newegg, their CS and 1-yr replacement on most items are great for first time builders.

Have you actually researched anything about building a computer? I get the feeling that you're going for the most expensive parts you can find and don't really know what they can do.

BTW, the 8800GTX is the best GPU right now...

if your gonna spend 250 on a the case you should get one from koolance. Really nice cooling in those.

If youre gonna spend 1000 on a processor, why not get a QX6700. Its a QUAD core and costs less than that at newegg.com. buy.com is such a rip off.

Seems like you dont mind spending money. So i recommend the ASUS Striker for the motherboard. its only about 100 dollars more.

400 for that card? the nvidia 8800gts is like $10 more and kicks its butt big time. $100 more for the 8800gtx and you have the best card on the market. and its DX10.

you also need memory. I recommed 2gbs of corsair atleast. and as for the hard drive, you cant go wrong with western digital raptor x 10k rpm.

[quote name='nicz888']ok, i will build one on my own. here is what i found so far.

case:
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-mozart-tx-silver-window.html

processor
http://www.buy.com/prod/Intel_Core_2_Duo_Extreme_X6800_2_93GHz_Dual_Core_Socket_775_Processor/q/loc/61905/202786581.html

video card
http://www.buy.com/prod/ATI_Radeon_X1950_XTX_512MB_PCI_Express_x16_Video_Card/q/loc/61905/202987758.html

motherboard
http://www.buy.com/prod/ASUS_P5W_DH_Deluxe_Socket_775_Core_2_Duo_ATX_Motherboard_BR_1066MHz/q/loc/61905/202820024.html

so far 1870.00

i don't know the rest, that is what i pick out so far. any suggestion. comment, please feel free to post it. thanks.[/quote]

Do you really need a case that expensive? You can get excellent cases for 1/2 that price, I recommend anything by CoolMaster. Very sturdy, very light, my case was $100 but the build quality makes most of my friends think I spent twice that ;)

You'll need a good PSU, and make sure it's got enough power on the 12V line. I'm using a Seasonic modular PSU right now and it's incredibly stable - I haven't tried yet but apparently they're also great for overclocking (mobo and cpu willing). You'll need a lot of power in general, too, I actually had to upgrade my processor when I went dual-core because each core draws enough power for a single CPU, and suddenly my reliable 350-W Antec was obsolete :error:

[quote name='Vinny']Screw Buy.com... get stuff from Newegg, their CS and 1-yr replacement on most items are great for first time builders.

Have you actually researched anything about building a computer? I get the feeling that you're going for the most expensive parts you can find and don't really know what they can do.

BTW, the 8800GTX is the best GPU right now...[/quote]

100% agreed with everything in this post.

thanks for the reply, but i really like the design of mozart tx. it is a tall cubic shape. that is why i like it. i am new to this. so i don't know if other case manf. make something similar like that. thanks

I just went on newegg and spent some time putting together something close to the $3000 comp i wanted from dell...
its about $1500.

I had no idea.

WoW, here I come.

I dont think you ever mentioned your budget. The big question that i usually think about is what game is it that you wanna play. Say your waiting for crysis, then why build a high end comp now when it will be mid high end when crysis actually comes out. Also what kind of screen are you planning to use. 20" 24' or 30". You should list what you want out of this high end computer.

i have a sony 40 xbr2 as my screen. planning to buy a wireless mouse. i really want it to last at least four years. you know before it outdated. certainly i want to play some direct x 10 games. thanks.

You seem to have an unlimited budget. Get the 8800GTX. Video card is probably the most important thing if you're making a "l337 gaming rig"

[quote name='nicz888']thanks for the reply, but i really like the design of mozart tx. it is a tall cubic shape. that is why i like it. i am new to this. so i don't know if other case manf. make something similar like that. thanks[/QUOTE]

anyone?

Honestly, if I were you, I would just go to Voodoo PC and buy one. This is CAG and I know most people will tell you to build your own PC, but as someone who does it pretty regularly, if you really wanted to build your own PC, you would have thought to do it already and not waited for these guys to tell you.

Yes, you will save money building your own, but if you are new at this and you have a pretty high budget, you are better off just purchasing a pre-built one.

If you don't know what you are doing it can be a real pain in the ass, and the first time you have to RMA a motherboard because you jammed in the RAM backwards, you are going to kick yourself and say, "If I got one pre-built, I'd be playing Oblivion right now."

What do you recent builders consider the minimum level processor to get right now? I haven't built anything since the early Pentium 4 days (had to switch to laptops for a couple years) and the difference between the processors seems to have widened considerably.

For price the AMD stuff is really cheap now, but their performance aint as good compared to the Core 2 Duos. The minimum is probably dual core. Go to tomshardware.com and you can read up on all that cpu and gpu stuff.

[quote name='bortle']What do you recent builders consider the minimum level processor to get right now? I haven't built anything since the early Pentium 4 days (had to switch to laptops for a couple years) and the difference between the processors seems to have widened considerably.[/QUOTE]

My X2 3800+ rarely hits 100% uses except during some CPU intensive processes like games, but even then it's only at 100% if I'm playing at very high resolutions.

But I'd get a E6300 honestly, it's about $60 more but well worth it.

The minimum would be something dual core I'd say. Dual cores don't help speed things up any more than a single core but they can multi-task like crazy.

THREAD HIJACKER!!

Can anyone build me a Gaming PC with everything from Newegg? I'll be playing a lot of WoW and probably some other games. I'll also be using the PC for MS Office to do some school work. My budget is $1000 but I can stretch to $1500. I'll be using a monitor from 20" to 24" widescreen.

THANKS!!!

You should learn to build ur own comp or buy a dell and drop in a good video card. There are lots of places to teach you how to build one. Another easy way is to buy a barebones system from shuttle or something. They have all the wires setup for you and you just gotta get a cpu ram hdd and a videocard.

bread's done
Back