recommend me a good fps and why besides halo for xbox.

pukemon

CAGiversary!
i don't like rainbow six. i am interested in wolfenstein, ghost recon, counter strike, and unreal championship. what do these offer in multiplayer, such as bots, co-op, and deathmatches. i already had ts2 for gcn, and i have a played rainbow six and did not particularly like it. online play i am not really interested in.

I recommend Timesplitters 2, except the xbox version is supposedly the buggiest and most problematic version of the 3. I have it for PS2, so I don't have an experience with the problems. Its a really good multi-player game, and is alot faster paced than Halo. Lots of customization. Also, its got bots. And the story mode is pretty fun, and the challenges take some time if you like completing games 100%

Are you interested in an Xbox Live or an Offline multiplayer mode? From the post I assume Offline, but I don't want to make an *** of myself...

yes offline. i am not really interested in Live. i am interested, but not interested in paying or putting up with chimps that dc, cheat, or other corny bullshit that makes it not worthwhile.

I recomend Perfect Dark and Goldeneye for N64

EDIT: Didn't see the for X-Box part of your post, but you should still check out the games I mentioned if you haven't already.

Red Faction II is decent. The weapons are rather limited, but the great thing is that it keeps track of your stats (a la Perfect Dark). Also, you can creat bots and it'll keep track of their stats as well. Plus, it should be very cheap (I got mine for under $10 at Circuit City). Not sure about the other gameplay aspects...I have just played the deathmatch mode.

Serious Sam, which can be found for $19.99 new and about $12 used at many locations. It's a fun mindless FPS that offers a good 48 (? I can't remember how many) missions that will take u a good while. Multiplayer is pretty mindless as well, and even someone with no FPS skills can jump into the game. It has LAN CO-OP(yes you read that right) one of the only three things Halo was missing (Live but it was too early, and the other being Bots for multiplayer) and of course LAn death match. It's still missing bots but that's my only real complaint outside of no Live.

Wolfenstein offers two-player co-op single player, and I have no idea what it has to offer for system link. I found the single player to be pretty boring.

Time Splitters 2 has bots, a map editior and system link fun. The problem is I could never get use to aiming my weapon, it just felt real odd.

XII is a decent FPS with lan comptability and bots. Worth the $10 I paid for it atleast.

You know for a system with alot of good FPS, I certainly don't own that many. I'm going to look into picking up Counterstrike eventually but I heard it's worthless without Live. I'm also gonna pick up Red Dead Revolver eventually. I use to own Unreal Championship but I thought it was pretty dull, and I never touched Unreal 2.

Other than TS2 and Halo, I actually really enjoy Agent Under Fire. Nightfire is also good, but AUF is excellent IMO. Others will disagree, but I think AUF is the most underrated FPS around. It has a very cool story mode, and the multiplayer is great. It doesn't have a co-op story mode, but the deathmatches and capture the flag are awesome. And yes, you can customize bots (but only 4 players at a time, including bots). Check it out.

Nobody's mentioned it, probably because it's highly unpopular, but I *loved* Mace Griffin. It's tough, but fun. No multiplayer though, which is what I think most reviewers killed it for. Can be found super cheap.

Chronicles of Riddick or Shadow Ops would both be good pick-ups. I know you said you're not interested in Live, but I gotta recommend this game for Live. GET WOLFENSTEIN AND PLAY IT ON LIVE--IT IS AWESOME ONLINE!!!

Wolfenstein. I enjoyed this nearly as much as Halo. The quest is very long, and the plot is interesting. Keeping true to Wolfenstein 3-D there are secret rooms and treasures that will add to the replay value. Graphics, sound, gameplay, and decent enemy AI all get high marks from me. Single player is well worth the 19.99 price mark, the Live and multi-player content only add to an already great game. This is a solid 9/10 FPS. The only thing you'll regret about this game is not buying it sooner.

007: Nightfire is a pretty underrated FPS IMO. It has a good single-player (although it is short) and the multiplayer is great if you have other people (it is also fun against the bots). You can find this game now for about 20 bucks.

so which games have bots? ts2 i know for sure. i have ts2 for gcn, but i've been wanting to try something new. i'm interested in good single player mode and/or good multiplayer but with bots, since i don't get to play with friends often, and i ain't lugging my box around anymore. not just because it's big, but it's become my primary dvd player, so it's pain in the ass to unhook too.

XIII, Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Red Faction II all have bots for sure. If I remember correctly Serious does as well.

there are some great shooters of the non FP perspective that you may wanna look into...

Armed and Dangerous...
Metal Arms..
Panzer Dragoon Orta...

all are solid titles worth checking out... you cant beat the humor of A&D.

As far as FPSs go...i think everything good has been mentioned...so hunker down until Q4 and start saving now...Halo 2, Doom 3, Battlefield, UC 2, the 2 new SWs titles...Far Cry Insticts...it's going to tax quite a few gamers budgets..

[quote name='pukemon']so which games have bots? ts2 i know for sure. i have ts2 for gcn, but i've been wanting to try something new. i'm interested in good single player mode and/or good multiplayer but with bots, since i don't get to play with friends often, and i ain't lugging my box around anymore. not just because it's big, but it's become my primary dvd player, so it's pain in the ass to unhook too.[/quote]

I gotta say this again: GET WOLFENSTEIN AND PLAY IT ONLINE--IT IS AWESOME!!!

i don't want to play online xboxfanboy. can't you read? and i rented ghost recon island thunder. boring. so how is wolfenstein?

Wolfenstien has coop, i'd get it for that. I think coop makes a game a LOT better. Armed and dangerous looks awesome, I haven't played it tho, same with Full Spectrum Warrior.

wolfenstein gave me a huge headache. but that was just me. i would recomend unreal tournament and xiii cuz my friends said they were great. but i personally really enjoyed agent under fire

bread's done
Back