Recommend me some fun B horror movies and Asian horrors!

SOSTrooper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I think I got hooked to bad horror movies again... but it's been a while since my previous obsession about 6 or 7 yrs ago. So I want to watch some fun B horror movies as well as Asian horror movies. I've seen these in the past:

Three Extremes
Population 436
Land of the Dead (2005)
Tale of Two Sisters
Red Eye (Korean)
One Missed Call
Audition
The Descent

So now I'm looking for some recommendations on other horror movies I should look into. Thanks.

Straight from the good old 80's

The Stuff
Night of the Comet

I could go on for days but I'll stop here.. for now .. (muaa ha ha ha!)

I recently started to love asian horror movies........so the ones I would recommend would be The Eye 1 & 2, Infection, and Maribito(sp?).

[quote name='Maklershed']
Spanish:
Devil's Backbone[/quote]
I enjoyed the 'The Devil's Backbone' too!

I like to recommend an old 70's flick that I liked called 'It's Alive' - Its about a mutant baby that kills people. It's cheesy but I enjoyed it alot. There are 2 sequels after that film but I never saw them.

[quote name='Tiphireth']Dead Alive, if you haven't seen it. Goriest move evur.[/quote]

Lol. Beat me to it. "I kick ass for the lord!"

brainscan.jpg

Brainscan is one of my secret weapon movies I pull out every now and then. One of those types you rathole away until you find good group of people who never saw it. If I can only find one more horror movie as good as this I'll be happy.

Cabin Fever!

It is pretty nasty, but it is also freaking hilarious at times!

This guy thought he was fingering his girlfreind, but her flesh was rotting and it turns out he stuck his finger in her leg!

[quote name='gregthomas77']Undead was fucking stupid. Comedy? Horror? Who know? It wasn't scary or funny, so its hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]
What I was about to say.

Don't see Undead, it's really really awful (and not in a good way)

I'll agree with May and Cabin Fever and add one of the most classic awful horrors:

Nail Gun Massacre

Ok "Infection" is definitely good and I will concur.

Also a really good classic Cult movie that I've heard about but haven't seen is called "Dead End Street" though I warn you the content is suppose to be pretty strong. It's about these teens and adults that are filming a fake snuff film then start getting killed off.
"The Phone" is another good Korean Horror movie though I think it's a ripoff of "The Ring". The little girl in it is fucking AWESOME! Btw dude what did you think of "Red Eye"?
Oh and there's also some weird Korean Horror flick where this woman ends up the reincarnation of this woman who was burned alive or she's the same person and has managed to hide herself. Well anyway, somewhere in the process there's this goal in mind she has so the ending ends up kinda weird. I'll find it for you and tell you what it is.
Oh and "Bangkok Haunted" isn't a bad movie.

Red Eye was ok... it started out pretty good, but later on into the movie, it doesn't seem to have a direction of where it wants to go. So it resulted in a disappointing ending. It's not as scary as other Asian horrors I've seen, but it's worth a watch IMO.

I remember seeying The Eye a while ago in theater. First half of the movie is pretty eerie, but second half was more supernatural than scary.

I still think "The Eye" kinda had a sweet ending. "The Eye 2" just validated my spiritual beliefs, not really scary.

edit: The really fucked up movie I couldn't remember the name of is called "Bushinsaba". Oh and "Barking Dogs Never Bite" is terribly weird.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Undead was fucking stupid. Comedy? Horror? Who know? It wasn't scary or funny, so its hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]
or was it Sci-fi?
That's what made it so unique ;)

Monkey Shines. Plot outline from Amazon: A quadriplegic man has a trained monkey help him with his paralysis, until the little monkey begins to develop feelings, and rage, against its new master.

[quote name='DJ K8E']
brainscan.jpg

Brainscan is one of my secret weapon movies I pull out every now and then. One of those types you rathole away until you find good group of people who never saw it. If I can only find one more horror movie as good as this I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

Cube, and Cube Zero (dont see cube 2), night of the creeps (there isnt a legit DVD release *cough* download it*cough*). I can't think of any asian horror movies i've really enjoyed, ive seen a ton. recently i saw a tale of two sisters but it was pretty much the cliche ghost/deadpeople/PG13 horror movie.

Chain 2 (japan)

It's about girls who send chain letters via their phones and they all die horrible deaths one by one. Speaking of phones, there's also

The Phone (south korea)

An spirit causing misfortune & death travels via the phone. Very Juon (the Grudge)-like.

Bit o' trivia: the main character in Chain 2 is played by the same actress who played the live-action Sailor Moon.

Ah man! I'm an idiot .. how could I have forgotten about Bad Taste?!

Buy/rent this movie immediately if you want a funny, so-bad-its-good horror movie:

[quote name='eternalblue81']Monkey Shines. Plot outline from Amazon: A quadriplegic man has a trained monkey help him with his paralysis, until the little monkey begins to develop feelings, and rage, against its new master.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice. You forgot to mention that it was made by George Romero. If you dont know who he is....you just dont know horror movies...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Re-animator[/QUOTE]
Another good one, along with any of the "of the Dead" movies (that includes Shaun of the Dead :D ).
Near Dark was a good vampire movie.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Bio Zombie - HK zombie movie[/QUOTE] A certain scene in that one just made me crack up. And, yes, it's intentionally funny. :lol:

[quote name='repetske']Lol. Beat me to it. "I kick ass for the lord!"[/quote]

That preacher was fucking awesome. I thought it was interesting that the movie was set in New Zealand, myself.

'Joor mawthor ate my dawg! D:'

[quote name='Pookymeister']High Tension[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes. the twist ending comes in the movie right towards the end and fucks up what ever atmosphere the movie had going for it. Made me start laughing uncontrollably afterward. So many plot holes.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Sleepaway Camp 2. Best ending ever.[/QUOTE]

What about the ending of Sleepaway camp 1! That shit scared me for life!

I also agree with some of the other posters on The eye(the 1st half of the movie is damn scary), Dead Alive(Damn fine custard!) ,Phantasm I-IV

One of my personal favs, that no one else has mentioned, is From Beyond. I don't even know if this out on dvd yet. But It has nice gore, the guy from Re-Animator(jeff combs?), and the black dude from the orginial Dawn of the Dead!

[quote name='Fire']Ahh yes. the twist ending comes in the movie right towards the end and fucks up what ever atmosphere the movie had going for it. Made me start laughing uncontrollably afterward. So many plot holes.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it pretty much ruined the movie for me..

The Despiser.
Aliens crash land in purgatory, and they're trying to collect enough nuclear bombs to blow themselves out of purgatory into the real world.
Also, it has the worst CG ever. Terrible, terrible movie, check it out.

bread's done
Back