Recommend me some good antivirus software and security software

Microsoft Security Essentials is surprisingly pretty good. I use that with Avast! and the immunizations from SpyBot and haven't had any problems so far.

Zonealram , great firewall ,cheap and one of the only ones I've seen online that they can't get a working crack for unlike Norton,avg and others. Runs me $34.95 and the serial is good for 3 PC's

[quote name='refusedchaos']Paid - Kaspersky Internet Security

Free- Microsoft Security Essentials

i'd go with KIS though[/QUOTE]

I second that for Kaspersky.

paid - Kaspersky Internet Security seems to be on sail for like $20 a couple times a year at futureshop, here anyways.

free dunno haven't looked hard enough, suppose internet service provider stuff might work.

[quote name='Static-Jak']Paid: Eset Nod32 Antivirus V.4.0

Free: Microsoft Security Essentials and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Second this. Work best for me when I installed it first on clean OS reinstall

ZenOK Free Antivirus is a pretty good program. I've been using it for a month or two with no issues. (not that I generally ever have any) but I stopped using avast when they move to vista, their program started looking like a music player instead of a virus protection program, and they had a bunch of false positives that ended up making me reinstall windows on my moms computer. Since then I have used AVG, PC tools anti-virus and spyware combined, comodo (quickly uninstalled) among other free programs, but ZenOK is my main one on my computers as a backup too

:bouncy:

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes here, and never had a problem.

F-Secure apparently got 2010 AV of the year from AV Comparatives. Not that I really believe a lot of their reports, but that's interesting.

I haven't used any of this stuff in 3 years at least. Do virus still even exist? Maybe I've just gotten good at avoiding them? :)

All you really need is AVG Free, unless you like to go download torrents and things that are prone to viruses.

I also use SpywareBlaster.

Paid - Definitely Kaspersky Internet Security
Free - Avira Antivirus Personal, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, Malwarebytes

When I build and sell PC's I usually just install Avira Free, ZoneAlarm Firewall Pro, and Malwarebytes Pro. Avira free is really good imo, it even does live blocks of html/cookie trojans.

Im using Microsoft Security Essentials and its working for me and its free.

If you use AT&T/Yahoo DSL, they provide Mcafee as the antivirus software

If you are looking to buy a decent antivirus, ESET NOD32 seems to do the trick for me when I had it.

Also, default microsoft programs are pretty good such as windows defeneder, Avast and AVG are great free alternatives.

I recommend avira antivir. It's free and it works. It's the only antivirus I've had on my laptop for the past 3 years and I've had no problems. I would stay away from avg as it really slowed my computer down.

bread's done
Back