Recommend some good PS2-exclusive games

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well, I broke down and decided not to wait for the price drop. So now that I've got a PS2, recommend some games that are PS2 exclusive. I'm already into everything made by Capcom, Jak/Daxter series, Silent Hill series, and the Final Fantasy series, so recommend something else besides those.

EDIT: Before you recommend anything, check here http://users.ign.com/collection/welshr to make sure I don't already have it. Be sure to check Xbox/Gamecube as well because some of you have recommended titles I own on those systems already.

[quote name='guyver2077']final fantasy 11..$$$ but goof if you dont got comp[/quote]

Wow. You didn't even read the fucking post, did you?

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='guyver2077']final fantasy 11..$$$ but goof if you dont got comp[/quote]

Wow. You didn't even read the f*#king post, did you?[/quote]

oh man my bad..i was being pestered by some girl online that broke my concentration.....

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='redgopher'][quote name='guyver2077']final fantasy 11..$$$ but goof if you dont got comp[/quote]

Wow. You didn't even read the f*#king post, did you?[/quote]

oh man my bad..i was being pestered by some girl online that broke my concentration.....[/quote]

Yeah, they'll do that to ya ;)

[quote name='guessed']Obvious choices here, but, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet and Clank series.[/quote]

Is KH really that good? I'm really kind of turned off by the whole Disney thing...

dunno what games u like.......

sports..SMackdown hctp

another one to wait for is metal gear 3.

fighting dbz budokai 2 is ok if your a fan

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='guessed']Obvious choices here, but, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet and Clank series.[/quote]

Is KH really that good? I'm really kind of turned off by the whole Disney thing...[/quote]

thats a great game...im actually dissapointed i havent kept playing it but since i have all systems that usually happens..i have to keep playing it

Metal Gear Solid 2 was pretty great. I also enjoyed the newest Castlevania, but it was kinda short. Mark of Kri was pretty decent as well, but really challenging. And I know you said Capcom, but make sure you pick up Devil May Cry (but to be honest you can skip the sequel).

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Metal Gear Solid 2 was pretty great. I also enjoyed the newest Castlevania, but it was kinda short. Mark of Kri was pretty decent as well, but really challenging. And I know you said Capcom, but make sure you pick up Devil May Cry (but to be honest you can skip the sequel).[/quote]

http://users.ign.com/collection/welshr

Time Crisis 2 and 3, Maximos, Ace Combat 4, Onimusha, Rygar, Wild Arms 3, and Xenosaga.

Outside of the Time Crisis series, and the newest Maximo all the other games can be found for 19.99 or less.

Oh no, not Chaos Legion!! Here's some more I thought of out of my collection:

Suikoden 3 (a great RPG)
Disgaea (another great RPG)
LoK: Soul Reaver 2
Maximo (either one)
Zone of the Enders (sequel is pretty awesome too)
Rygar
Drakan: Ancient Gates
Drakengard (I'm not far in this, but its decent so far)
War of the Monsters

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Oh no, not Chaos Legion!![/quote]

Hahah, yeah well I enjoy Devil May Cry 2, P.N.03, Mega Man Network Transmission and several other games that got shit-ass reviews, so yeah. In my opinion, pretty much everything Capcom has made is really good.

Except Mega Man Legends.

That game is horrible.

Shadow of Destiny
gungrave
Sly cooper
clock tower 3
Kessen 1/2
Tekken Tag
VF Evo
Twisted Metal black
Tokoyo Xtreme Racer 3

also i would like to emphasize already mentioned ones
Socom 2
Kingdom Hearts
Ratchet & Clank

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Oh no, not Chaos Legion!![/quote]

Hahah, yeah well I enjoy Devil May Cry 2, P.N.03, Mega Man Network Transmission and several other games that got shit-ass reviews, so yeah. In my opinion, pretty much everything Capcom has made is really good.

Except Mega Man Legends.

That game is horrible.[/quote]

So true...I would say Capcom is probably my fave company, them or Konami. Heres a couple more I thought of:

Champions of Norrath
Lord of the Rings (the movie games)
Sly Cooper
Hitman 2
Fatal Frames
R-Type Final
The Thing
Tenchu 3
Dark Cloud 1 or 2
SSX 3
RE: Outbreak (I know it's still about 2 weeks from release but it sounds pretty damn awesome)

Definitely Devil May Cry since you liked the second. Also, Dark Cloud 2 is cheap, and has a crazy amount of playtime in it.

Few underrated games that noone seems to mention:

Mark of Kri
Shadow Hearts

of those listed, Suikoden 3 and Disgaea are my top 2 PS2 faves.

Smackdown is Awesome. Any game where you can get on a motorcycle and drag your friend into an electrical box is great

Also Guilty Gear X2 is a solid fighter that can be had for pretty cheap

i really recommend Mark of Kri, it is a great game only out hours of play time but i think you cant it used for under 15 bucks

Keep the recommendations coming, some good ones so far.
Anyone know of some good light gun games, what light gun is the best and where I can get it (preferably cheap)?

All the Namco gun games are pretty decent (Time Crisis 2 & 3, Vampire Night, and Ninja Assault). Also, you may try RE: Dead Aim...it's not great, but if you are capcom fan you may like it. Besides it's about $30 or less just about everywhere.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']

So true...I would say Capcom is probably my fave company, them or Konami. Heres a couple more I thought of:

Champions of Norrath
Lord of the Rings (the movie games)
Sly Cooper
Hitman 2
Fatal Frames
R-Type Final
The Thing
Tenchu 3
Dark Cloud 1 or 2
SSX 3
RE: Outbreak (I know it's still about 2 weeks from release but it sounds pretty damn awesome)[/quote]

Just to let you know, Tenchu 3 is now Return from Darkness on Xbox, SSX 3 is on all three, The Lord of the Rings are on all three, and The Thing is also on Xbox. Not really system exclusives. :roll:

I was aware, but after checking his list I noticed that he didn't have those games for the other systems so I saw no harm in suggesting them.

heres my list
rez
mark of kri
r-type final
getaway
shinobi
rygar
zone of the enders

i especially recomend rez. phenominal game, my favorite on ps2 by far.

can't beleive noone mentioned prince of persia series, eyetoy, shadow of the colussus(possible best game ever)bounty hunter and all that stuff you will not be dissapointed. thank you

bread's done
Back