Recommendation for recent RPGs

newbie2000

CAGiversary!
I am deciding on several RPGs titles. Which one do you guys think I should get? Any recommendation is appreciated. If there's one that is not listed that you guys think is good, tell me about it. Thanks ahead for your time.

Suikoden IV
Final Fantasy XII (when it comes out)
Xenosaga II (when it comes out)
Shadow Hearts
Star Oceans: Til the end of time.

I currently own Suikoden III & Xenosaga I. I liked both of them, but I don't like the Suikoden III's battle system.

It'll be nice if I could get all of those, but I think I only have enough money to get three of them.

If you've played either of the former Suikodens and enjoyed them, then definitely Suikoden IV. It's so much better than III.

Suikoden 4 is great! As zewone said you might want to take a look at Nocturne, great game but it can be quite challenging. Star Ocean 3 is also a nice choice and the fact that it's $25 used at gamefly makes it an even better option.

There are so many threads about this *sigh*, well I think FF12 will be a pretty good game, the story sounds good and I like turned based so Id recommend that, as for star ocean I dont like the fact you have no controll at all of your NPCS.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']There are so many threads about this *sigh*, well I think FF12 will be a pretty good game, the story sounds good and I like turned based so Id recommend that, as for star ocean I dont like the fact you have no controll at all of your NPCS.[/quote]

FFXII isn't turn-based, it's pretty much like FFXI or any other MMORPG.

Mega Man X: Command Mission is somewhat new, and its a pretty good game. I know the new Devil May Cry has some Rpg-ish elements as well, although it isn't an Rpg.

[quote name='alongx']Xenosaga 2 is much shorter than 1. FFXII I plan on getting, but it won't be for a long while.[/quote]

Its shorter than 1? wow I remember thinking the first was way to short. The only reason i got 40 hours in it is because it took 15 hours building levels for the last boss.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I noticed other thread about RPGs, but those thread rarely mentioned more reason RPGs games. In fact, I got Suikoden III & Xenosaga after reading those threads. In general, I prefer to get used version of the game (as they are cheaper). But it is hard to find used version of RPG games. I have yet to find any used version of Suikoden IV or Shadow Hearts.

Im gonna second Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.

I got some time to play it today thanks to no HW or work!!

I beat the Harlot! ooohhh~~~ (first try too foolz!)

the game is hella crazy man, there's like you and 5 other main human characters,

then they all start going crazy and sh*t, turning into monsters and whatnot...

it's freakin insane man

The Atlus RPGs are all pretty good...
Heads up about star ocean 3... The battle system is... different. Its real time, which is good... but the ai is.... not good.... which is bad.

bread's done
Back