Recommended DVD burning software

Bloodbooger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I've got a 1TB external hard drive that I'd like to load my movies onto, can anyone recommend a good program to copy the DVDs without losing quality?

I was looking at CloneDVD, but it has yearly subscription fees (WTF?), do I really need to maintain the software that often?

Eventually, I'd like to stream my movies through the xbox or a media player to my tv.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks!

I use two free ones:

infrarecorder

and

imgburn

Don't know about any loss of quality or anything like that, but both have served my needs quite well.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I use two free ones:

infrarecorder

and

imgburn

Don't know about any loss of quality or anything like that, but both have served my needs quite well.[/QUOTE]

That word shines like beacon to me all the time! :bouncy:

I strongly second Seen, I love ConvertXtoDVD makes kick ass DVDs from just about any file type and the ease of use is superb with professional results.

[quote name='FLSHADOW74']I strongly second Seen, I love ConvertXtoDVD makes kick ass DVDs from just about any file type and the ease of use is superb with professional results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure ConvertX only burns stuff TO DVD, it doesnt actually rip content FROM a DVD to your PC.

Partial help, with more incoming. Lifehacker runs these things frequently for different types of software, and the answers generally reflect knowledgeable people.

Soon, they'll distill the votes down into five choices, and let people vote on them. This crowns a winner, but usually all five programs end up being worthwhile in different ways.

So I'd keep an eye on this for the next week, and also on the followup story that will show the most popular answers.

bread's done
Back