Red Cliff Part I and II together on Blu-Ray ~$24 from Amazon UK

equest943

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
They have a Red Cliff Special Edition Blu-Ray from Amazon.co.uk for about 10 pounds (don't know how to type that out on a Mac) and 3 pounds shipping. I'm mentioning it because the US theatrical version which comes out soon will be a re-cut with parts of 1 and 2 put together. I guess they don't think American audiences would care to pay for seeing both parts. Hope this helps someone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually just got this today, but my tv isnt working :whistle2:( Has subs you cannot turn off though and a trailer on the first disc you have to skip because its PAL.

I don't think Pal should matter if it's a Blu-Ray. Except maybe for the special features.

Great movies by the way. Amazing visuals and epic story.

from what i read it works on the ps3 but you have to bring up the menu and skip the trailer which is only on the first disc...i have a ps3 but cannot test right now lol

[quote name='eastx']PAL can matter, depending on how the video is encoded. Has anyone tried this on a US Playstation 3?[/QUOTE]

Note: These are Region-Free Blu-ray discs. However, before one could access the main menu on disc I, one must go through a number of forced trailers. The second trailer is problematic - it is in PAL, and will likely force many viewers in North America to get the following message on their monitors - "Can’t Play Format". However, by pressing the SCAN button on the remote controls of two different Region-A players - SONY and Panasonic - I was able to get to the menu and access the main feature without a problem. I have also tested both discs on a Region-A PS3. To get to the main menu - so that you could access the film - once the first trailer (which is actually in 1080p) starts, press the green triangle button on your remote/controller and then select forward (120); the PS3 will skip over the PAL trailers and get you to the main menu. From there, one should know what to do. One does not have to follow the same routine on Disc 2. There are no trailers on it.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Red-Cliff-Blu-ray-Review/7821/

If you guys don't want to deal with all the PAL issues you can also import the HK Blu-Rays which have English subtitles. They also look and sound great.

bread's done
Back