Red Dawn remake - another part of my youth flushed down the toilet!

Yea but this was a pretty crappy movie to begin with anyway so I'm not big on caring about a remake either way.

[quote name='SpeedyG']Yea but this was a pretty crappy movie to begin with anyway so I'm not big on caring about a remake either way.[/QUOTE]

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:bomb::D

[quote name='SpeedyG']Yea but this was a pretty crappy movie to begin with anyway so I'm not big on caring about a remake either way.[/QUOTE]

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:bomb::D

[quote name='shieryda']First, there was Clash of the Titans. Then came The A-Team. Now, yet another segment of my youth has been ruined by the announcement of a re-envisioning of quite possibly one of the best war movies of my generation:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/[/QUOTE]

It is a funny movie for how corny it is. I guess it is the best war movie ever made if you were born and died within days of release.

Word. For me, the worst part of these remakes is they get all these "famous" people that have no business taking roles from working actors. Like Kim Kardashian or someone who is only famous because their father had to work hard for their fortune rather than use trust funds to start clothing lines, etc.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I can see Jeffrey Dean Morgan being the jet pilot, But Josh Peck?

...Really?

JOSH PECK?![/QUOTE]

What exactly is wrong with Josh Peck? Dude's really slimmed down, he's basically unrecognizable from his younger days, and he's a fine dramatic actor ("Mean Creek" comes to mind).

Also, Adrienne Palicki.....:drool:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What exactly is wrong with Josh Peck? Dude's really slimmed down, he's basically unrecognizable from his younger days, and he's a fine dramatic actor ("Mean Creek" comes to mind).

Also, Adrienne Palicki.....:drool:[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's a biased opinion since I haven't really seen any movies with him in it, but when I think of Josh Peck all i see is Drake & Josh.

01.jpg

Still?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']WOLVERINES!

ohh and the Karate Kid remake made me cry like a school girl[/QUOTE]

Oh, man. I forgot about that remake. :cry:

As my student pointed out to me when I showed a clip of Red Dawn in lecture, "the history teacher is the first one who gets killed."

[quote name='speedyg']yea but this was a pretty crappy movie to begin with anyway so i'm not big on caring about a remake either way.[/quote]soviet fifth-columnist!

[quote name='Gentlegamer']soviet fifth-columnist![/QUOTE]
Heh... No but seriously, I dug the movie back in the 80's. It came on Starz a couple weeks back and I made sure to record it as i hadn't seen it in like 20 years. Totally never realized what a shitfest it was. Those Nostalgia Glasses came off literally in the first five minutes of the movie.

And can we just go ahead and admit that Patrick Swayze was a terrible actor? Not happy he's dead or anything, but good god was he corny, and not in a good way.

[quote name='SpeedyG']Heh... No but seriously, I dug the movie back in the 80's. It came on Starz a couple weeks back and I made sure to record it as i hadn't seen it in like 20 years. Totally never realized what a shitfest it was. Those Nostalgia Glasses came off literally in the first five minutes of the movie.

And can we just go ahead and admit that Patrick Swayze was a terrible actor? Not happy he's dead or anything, but good god was he corny, and not in a good way.[/QUOTE]No, Quisling, we will not agree.

bread's done
Back