Red Dead 360/PS3 $49.99 at Amazon

They raised the price back to $56.99. Wow, one whole day. They also jacked up the price of the DJ Hero bundle after 2 days and the 1 year Xbox Live cards after 1 day. There is no rhyme or reason to their price changes whatsoever. At least keep the deals going for a week or tell us how long they'll last. Don't randomly change the prices at 5 in the fucking morning.

Amazon's good for the most part, but they deserve a big "fuck you" for this. They just lost $135 from me, along with any future video game purchases that don't include a credit. Without a credit, there is no benefit to buying from them unless you have Prime. If you want a game on release day, you pay more for shipping than you would in tax buying locally.

[quote name='Matt Young']They raised the price back to $56.99. Wow, one whole day. They also jacked up the price of the DJ Hero bundle after 2 days and the 1 year Xbox Live cards after 1 day. There is no rhyme or reason to their price changes whatsoever. At least keep the deals going for a week or tell us how long they'll last. Don't randomly change the prices at 5 in the fucking morning.

Amazon's good for the most part, but they deserve a big "fuck you" for this. They just lost $135 from me, along with any future video game purchases that don't include a credit. Without a credit, there is no benefit to buying from them unless you have Prime. If you want a game on release day, you pay more for shipping than you would in tax buying locally.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't have to offer these cuts at all, so please stop whining. Your credit argument seems a little ridiculous, as well; how is the benefit of store credit different with any other retailer? And, as for that last part, what state has 17% sales tax?

Quit whining? It's unprofessional of them. And since you said please, I'll be polite when I tell you to please go fuck yourself for saying that.

As for the store credit, most stores don't offer any credit on half the games that Amazon does. And who the hell said anything about 17% sales tax? Apparently, you made that up for no apparent reason. Reelase day delivery on Amazon costs $6. Tax on a game costs less than that. Hence:

If you want a game on release day, you pay more for shipping than you would in tax buying locally.

is a fact, unless- as I said- you have Prime.

I was waiting for an amazon price drop for weeks instead got it used from gamestop for $39.99. WOuldve used my $20 credit at amazon, but i guess will save it for the new COD later this fall

[quote name='Matt Young']Quit whining? It's unprofessional of them. And since you said please, I'll be polite when I tell you to please go fuck yourself for saying that.

As for the store credit, most stores don't offer any credit on half the games that Amazon does. And who the hell said anything about 17% sales tax? Apparently, you made that up for no apparent reason. Reelase day delivery on Amazon costs $6. Tax on a game costs less than that. Hence:

is a fact, unless- as I said- you have Prime.[/QUOTE]

How is this unprofessional? They're not obligated to hold an unadvertised sale price for a specified duration. You're just mad you missed out on a deal.

PA has 6% sales tax, which is $6 for a $60 game...so same cost. Other states have even higher sales tax so release day shipping is easier.

[quote name='SoulReaver']How is this unprofessional? They're not obligated to hold an unadvertised sale price for a specified duration. You're just mad you missed out on a deal.

PA has 6% sales tax, which is $6 for a $60 game...so same cost. Other states have even higher sales tax so release day shipping is easier.[/QUOTE]

Um.... right. You do realize that $6 is not 6% of $60, right? That would be 10%. 6% tax on a $60 game would be $3.60.

And it's really stupid of them, if nothing else. They've now raised the price of DJ Hero's bundle from $55 to $70, and Guitar Hero: Van Halen from $20 up to $44! There's no way anyone can justify the latter, at the very least. And they have reputable, affiliated sellers offering the same stuff for a much lower price, even after shipping, so it makes no sense.

The site won't even allow me to view the actual Amazon pages for the games anymore without jumping through hoops. My search takes me directly to the page for the game as offered by another seller, and I can't see Amazon's direct page unless I go through all the listings, find Amazon's direct listing, add it to my cart, and then click the link in my cart.

Basically, it's all one big mess and isn't worth it.

bread's done
Back