Red Dead Redemption ($46 + tax) at Buy.com

Already have it pre-ordered on Amazon. Used my $20 GC to get it for only $39.99 (and no tax) and I still get another $20 GC and the Gold Guns DLC, with FSSS.

Besides...Buy.com blows. Their company blows, their website maintenance blows, and their Customer Service absolutely blows.

Anyone that plans on getting it day 1 are getting it from either Amazon, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy. Those that plan on getting it later will still get it from one of these stores as I'm positive they will also have the best sale price.

Bottom line...Buy.com blows. ;)

Good deal, OP.

I jumped on the GameStop deal, when the 25% off coupon applied (similar price to this, after tax). If I hadn't, I'd probably be jumping on this one.

Again, nice find.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Already have it pre-ordered on Amazon. Used my $20 GC to get it for only $39.99 (and no tax) and I still get another $20 GC and the Gold Guns DLC, with FSSS.

Besides...Buy.com blows. Their company blows, their website maintenance blows, and their Customer Service absolutely blows.

Anyone that plans on getting it day 1 are getting it from either Amazon, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy. Those that plan on getting it later will still get it from one of these stores as I'm positive they will also have the best sale price.

Bottom line...Buy.com blows. ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess you were in prison for a while.

Don't know what is implied by that statement but everything he says I pretty much agree with, I had to learn the hard way about why you should not order dvds' Any dvds from them.

Well, just to come into the OP's defense. If you're a "new" customer to Buy.com, you can get an extra $5 coupon off the order. Just google for a coupon code. Also, you can get Bing cashback of 4-7% as well...so...

$45.99 * 0.93 Bing = $42.77 - $5 coupon = $37.77 + tax

Not too bad...I'd get it if I didn't pick it up with GS's 25% deal.

[quote name='kart007k']I guess you were in prison for a while.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see...my statements regarding Buy.com make you personally sensitive. Good, we inmates like sensitive bitches.

Hopefully Amazon will price match this... With my $20 game credit and this deal would make it only $25 bucks (then factor in that Amazon is giving another $20 future game credit)... Dang good deal for that price.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Already have it pre-ordered on Amazon. Used my $20 GC to get it for only $39.99 (and no tax) and I still get another $20 GC and the Gold Guns DLC, with FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Already have it pre-ordered on Amazon. Used my $20 GC to get it for only $39.99 (and no tax) and I still get another $20 GC and the Gold Guns DLC, with FSSS.

Bottom line...Buy.com blows. ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree. Buy.com is awful and their customer service is pathetic.

[quote name='williamspam91']http://www.buy.com/prod/red-dead-redemption/q/loc/108/210851881.html?adid=17070

I dunno about other states but buy.com charges tax in CA.

I guess this is a deal if you're against Amazon for one reason or another...[/QUOTE]

I live in WA and Amazon charges me 9.5% sales tax.

For that reason, I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon unless it's an absolute steal AND I can get FREE shipping.

BTW, I have bought quite a few stuff from buy.com(no tax + free shipping) and had never had an issue.

does any1 know if this game is region free and if ntsc game will work on pal consoles, i want to pre-order it from the US from my pal console.....thanks for the help in advance

I personally like Buy.com, but after seeing this deal, and carting it to see if I can get it cheap, I remembered why I stopped using it. Shipping $21, for cheapest option (to Hawaii), pre-ordered on Amazon.

Any reviews up for this game yet? I have it on preorder but I just hope it doesn't suck. GTA in a western setting would get cool.

Those of you factoring in previous gift card deals... you weren't, then, thinking of that previous game as being $20 cheaper, right? I.e. that previous deal wasn't a deal at all - you paid full price. Either that or you aren't getting $20 off now.

[quote name='crunchewy']Those of you factoring in previous gift card deals... you weren't, then, thinking of that previous game as being $20 cheaper, right? I.e. that previous deal wasn't a deal at all - you paid full price. Either that or you aren't getting $20 off now.[/QUOTE]
Dont tell them that. It will break their minds.

[quote name='blahtastic']Well, just to come into the OP's defense. If you're a "new" customer to Buy.com, you can get an extra $5 coupon off the order. Just google for a coupon code. Also, you can get Bing cashback of 4-7% as well...so...

$45.99 * 0.93 Bing = $42.77 - $5 coupon = $37.77 + tax

Not too bad...I'd get it if I didn't pick it up with GS's 25% deal.[/QUOTE]

It's not showing up in Bing for me and I can't find that code, any help?

I was gonna pass on the game but for that price I'm mighty interested :hot:

[quote name='genfuyung']Go pick up your own. Its called GTA4.[/QUOTE]

So how quickly do you expect it to drop since you have the crystal ball?

I'd sure hate to pick it up too early since you already know about msrp drops in the future.

[quote name='confoosious']So how quickly do you expect it to drop since you have the crystal ball?

I'd sure hate to pick it up too early since you already know about msrp drops in the future.[/QUOTE]
Well GTA4 was down to 10 bucks about 7 months after release. But with how amazon treats games I'd say it hits 40 as a deal relatively soon. But by all means go spend your money. It looks like a great game.

[quote name='confoosious']It's effectively already $40 at Amazon. So yeah, I think I will spend my money.

7 months. lulz.[/QUOTE]
Nope its effectively 60 with a 20 dollar credit. Which youll use on the next game you buy and claim that that makes it a 40 dollar game. Which will be wrong. Internet trolls and their math...lulz indeed.:roll:

it's 20 gift card (not video game credit, genius) and amazon gift cards are like cash to most people. If you can't use an amazon gift card, you aren't alive. And no, I'm not one of those people who count video game credits as a price reduction on the next game. I'm actually on record as being against that. So maybe you need to stfu.

The reason why I'm giving you shit is that people who are in this thread want a good deal on the game. Because they want it SOON. If you want to be helpful and tell people where they can get the best deal on this game, great. But all you do is come in, threadcrap, and tell people it's gonna drop soon. But you don't really know. You're just being a know-it-all-dick. Basically, you are helping no one. So GTFO.

Again, if you want to tell me where I can get it cheaper than Amazon's $60 (w/ 20 gift card) let me know. But I suspect you have no idea and just want to spout the kind of generic nonsense like "it will drop soon" because you're a useless dick.

[quote name='confoosious']it's 20 gift card (not video game credit, genius) and amazon gift cards are like cash to most people. If you can't use an amazon gift card, you aren't alive. And no, I'm not one of those people who count video game credits as a price reduction on the next game. I'm actually on record as being against that. So maybe you need to stfu.

The reason why I'm giving you shit is that people who are in this thread want a good deal on the game. Because they want it SOON. If you want to be helpful and tell people where they can get the best deal on this game, great. But all you do is come in, threadcrap, and tell people it's gonna drop soon. But you don't really know. You're just being a know-it-all-dick. Basically, you are helping no one. So GTFO.

Again, if you want to tell me where I can get it cheaper than Amazon's $60 (w/ 20 gift card) let me know. But I suspect you have no idea and just want to spout the kind of generic nonsense like "it will drop soon" because you're a useless dick.[/QUOTE]
Nice stealth edit. Just one more internet tough guy to add to my ignore list. Enjoy your game.

I will .

And you know everything I said above is true or else you'd have something better to say than "Enjoy your game." You are completely useless.

bread's done
Back