Red Dead Redemption ($46 + tax) at Buy.com

[quote name='genfuyung']Nope its effectively 60 with a 20 dollar credit. Which youll use on the next game you buy and claim that that makes it a 40 dollar game. Which will be wrong. Internet trolls and their math...lulz indeed.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well that's where you're wrong. How can you assume he'll claim his next purchase cost him 40 dollars, instead of 50? ;/

Anyone here have experience with buying preorders from buy.com? Being that it's a preorder, would picking the free shipping option make the game arrive sooner than if I were to order any other game after the release date?

[quote name='Ravingraven']Well that's where you're wrong. How can you assume he'll claim his next purchase cost him 40 dollars, instead of 50? ;/

Anyone here have experience with buying preorders from buy.com? Being that it's a preorder, would picking the free shipping option make the game ship faster than if I were to order any other game after the release date?[/QUOTE]

I would get it from Walmart or Amazon. You're basically saving $3 or so with Buy.com and like Smiley said, buy.com absolutely blows. Yeah, you might get it really quickly but it's hit or miss with them. I've gotten things 2 weeks later due to processing. (electronics not a game) I avoid them whenever I can.

I've never used walmart ship to home but Amazon is always super fast for me. YMMV. (I also consider walmart gcs good as cash since you can buy food with them. And if you don't have $20 worth of food to buy... time to move out of mom's basement.)

[quote name='confoosious']I would get it from Walmart or Amazon. You're basically saving $3 or so with Buy.com and like Smiley said, buy.com absolutely blows. Yeah, you might get it really quickly but it's hit or miss with them. I've gotten things 2 weeks later due to processing. (electronics not a game) I avoid them whenever I can.

I've never used walmart ship to home but Amazon is always super fast for me. YMMV. (I also consider walmart gcs good as cash since you can buy food with them. And if you don't have $20 worth of food to buy... time to move out of mom's basement.)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the one giftcard walmart is giving out can only be used online.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I'm pretty sure the one giftcard walmart is giving out can only be used online.[/QUOTE]

you're right. it's an eGift card.

Amazon FTW!

[quote name='blahtastic']Well, just to come into the OP's defense. If you're a "new" customer to Buy.com, you can get an extra $5 coupon off the order. Just google for a coupon code. Also, you can get Bing cashback of 4-7% as well...so...

$45.99 * 0.93 Bing = $42.77 - $5 coupon = $37.77 + tax

Not too bad...I'd get it if I didn't pick it up with GS's 25% deal.[/QUOTE]
Hey im new to buy.com weres the $5 dollar off code??

[quote name='confoosious']you're right. it's an eGift card.

Amazon FTW![/QUOTE]

However I was able to buy a physical instore GC with it and have it sent to my house. Only took a couple of days to get here.

They have the same price for both the ps3 and 360 version.

edit: whoops just saw this was already posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to say this isn't a good deal, but amazon is probably a better deal for those who regularly shop amazon so the 20$ gc will come in handy real quick. Good find though! See you all online

Please change the thread title to "Please Delete" or something to that effect so the mods can do what they do best ;)

bread's done
Back