Red Dead Redemption 48.54 on Amazon (PS3) FSSS

[quote name='Vindicus']Why are games dropping so fast?[/QUOTE]

Sales are down, too many games are being released, and the economy is bad. Plus, all the online companies are trying to PM each other, which leads to bloodbaths as Amazon is Skynet in the battlefield of game pricing.

Walmart and Gamestop keep flinging their forces against the Big A, but A's protective shield called No Tax insulates them from the danger. Hell, even Newegg gets in on the action from time to time.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Sales are down, too many games are being released, and the economy is bad. Plus, all the online companies are trying to PM each other, which leads to bloodbaths as Amazon is Skynet in the battlefield of game pricing.

Walmart and Gamestop keep flinging their forces against the Big A, but A's protective shield called No Tax insulates them from the danger. Hell, even Newegg gets in on the action from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I like to think that newegg just kicks them in the shins and runs :bouncy:

I'm glad that prices are going down for games, if you think about it in the end both the consumer and provider are benefiting from the transaction because the low prices=more buyers=more money its a win win situation

[quote name='chivista']I like to think that newegg just kicks them in the shins and runs :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

While Target and K-Mart are on the sidelines hurling venemous insults at everyone else!

To also add in....after putting this in my cart, at the top of the screen it said that you also get the 5 dollar amazon mp3 credit too just in case anybody is interested. I didn't purchase it yet so I dont know if this is 100 percent accurate or not.

well if you preorder at $56.99, with the amazon $20 GC it would have made the game approximately $10 cheaper before. and you get a preorder bonus (which amazon sent me 2 and i ebay for $20.....:twisted:)

[quote name='Civickid96']Most definitely gonna use my $20 credit I got from Super Mario Galaxy 2 to get this!

--Michael[/QUOTE]

I'm considering the same. But I have so much shit to play. Just Cause 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Resident Evil 5 Gold (want to beat Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles before), Prototype, 3D Dot Game Heroes. I still haven't even opened Bad Company 2.

I have a $20 code from Smg2. Should I use it to get RDR for 28.54? The coupon lasts until 7/31. What is the chance RDR will drop a bit lower? I would like to bite at 20, so I guess I'm hoping the price will drop to 39.99 for possibly a DOTD or something. Suggestions?

[quote name='S_DOG34']Just an FYI for multiple console owners like myself, the PS3 version appears to be graphically inferior in many ways.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21356613&postcount=786

The whole thread has some good screens and info about the differences. Not a deal breaker if you only have PS3, but this probably explains why the PS3 price is lower than the 360 one.[/QUOTE]

yeah was considering this because of cheaper price, but I think Alan Wake instead and wait on RDR later on cheaper on 360.

[quote name='NeroFMX']When is this game going to be a reasonable price for 360?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm waiting for, I still have my $10 credit I got from FFXIII. If the 360 was the same price as the PS3 I probably would've pulled the trigger.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']That's what I'm waiting for, I still have my $10 credit I got from FFXIII. If the 360 was the same price as the PS3 I probably would've pulled the trigger.[/QUOTE]

I only bought Forza 3 for 360 when it went to 49.99 at walmart for a few days. Then at least it wasnt almost 70 bux after tax. That is alot of money to be throwing down for a video game. Even though that is all I do anymore.

How long before anyone thinks this game will get it's first official price drop? I'm kinda hoping it's not as popular as say... halo 3 or something that just recently had a price drop from $59.99. If someone can get a deal on a 360 version let me know! I will buy it from you.

Oh man, in that case I don't think I can wait. Probably just scrounge up some money and buy it. Don't need to waste time NOT playing it, haha.

[quote name='Sairou']What's this promo everybody is talking about?[/QUOTE]

$10 Future Game Credit + $5 Amazon MP3 Credit

Not to mention free shipping and no tax (in most states).

[quote name='david12795']Gamestop please price match this![/QUOTE]

Gamestop - you have to pay tax and ends up more expensive plus no discount for new game.

By the way, I just noticed that Amazon has dropped another $1 for this PS3 version for this weekend.
Now at $47.54, with $20 promotion (if you have one), that's $27.54.

I just sucked it up and bought it. I only buy 2 annually, figured this one was worth it. I went to Target though instead of Walmart locally, because I enjoy supporting Target.

Only played it for an hour so far and most of it was video so I can't say GO BUY IT NOW.

[quote name='cagfansub']Gamestop - you have to pay tax and ends up more expensive plus no discount for new game.

By the way, I just noticed that Amazon has dropped another $1 for this PS3 version for this weekend.
Now at $47.54, with $20 promotion (if you have one), that's $27.54.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went for it, after more reading from people who have played both not worth the $10 difference and I have a lot less PS3 games.

BTW I used my 20 credit from SMG2 I just did not want to pay $10 more for the 360 version.

360 price dropped to 56.99, not sure why they are doing these incremental price drops by only a couple dollars. Maybe amazon will surprise us for some memorial day deal

Usually amazon drops for a short period a newly released game to $40 within 10 days

[quote name='belal.rawi']I don't have a controller for my PS3 at the moment, but I could really use the $5 mp3 credit. In for a copy.[/QUOTE]

HUH? You spent money to get a 5 dollar mp3 credit? WTF if you don't have a PS 3 controller paying 47 and change for a 5 dollar MP3 credit is not a good deal.

[quote name='tightclaws']HUH? You spent money to get a 5 dollar mp3 credit? WTF if you don't have a PS 3 controller paying 47 and change for a 5 dollar MP3 credit is not a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I see your point. Ill just trade in RDR for a used controller. I wont have a game to play, but I guess I can use the controller to play the songs that I downloaded with my $5 credit.

bread's done
Back