Red Dead Redemption GOTY LE Hardcover Guide $17.32 @Amazon

laundrymatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maxim2boobles']i don't know why people buy this guides. you can just got to RDR Wiki.

the only useful gude i bought was for fallout 3[/QUOTE]

The same reason some of us don't trade our games back in to GameStop the second we are done with them - we are game collectors. And game collector's love game-related swag and memorabilia. You really think people haven't heard of the internet for game walk-throughs? That's not the point.

Now if they would only release the actual game... I have been waiting since this game came out (or more accurately, since the major dlc was announced) for this.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i don't know why people buy this guides. you can just got to RDR Wiki.

I still don't understand why people come into these threads and say the same old bullshit like people aren't aware of the internet or something. It's been explained multiple times why these CE gudes are more appealing than a wiki page, but I guess some are just handicapped in the comprehension department

[quote name='Woolagaroo']Now if they would only release the actual game... I have been waiting since this game came out (or more accurately, since the major dlc was announced) for this.[/QUOTE]

LOL, me as well, and I'm sure a lot of other people. I certainly had been googling it earlier this year after I got my 360 and I got suspicious when I started noticing the price drops, which led to moar googling, which led to a Gamestop buy page for a GotY manual (back in late January no less), which led to several posts on here about how a GotY edition was coming regardless of Rockstar's history of not making them (though GTA IV: Complete might as well have been one, it just didn't get any GotY awards to justify a GotY title :p). Patience pays off once again.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']LOL, me as well, and I'm sure a lot of other people. I certainly had been googling it earlier this year after I got my 360 and I got suspicious when I started noticing the price drops, which led to moar googling, which led to a Gamestop buy page for a GotY manual (back in late January no less), which led to several posts on here about how a GotY edition was coming regardless of Rockstar's history of not making them (though GTA IV: Complete might as well have been one, it just didn't get any GotY awards to justify a GotY title :p). Patience pays off once again.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing GOTY will cost $39.99, which is only a little better than the black friday price. Instead of waiting for a $10 saving I beat the game and DLC months ago.

[quote name='62t']I am guessing GOTY will cost $39.99.[/QUOTE]

I think the new trend is to release GOTY at $59.99, include a DLC voucher, and and never drop the price until clearanced.

Dragon Age UE dropped to $50 from the original $60 price, as well. Anyway, this guide will be awesome I'm sure, but I'll hold out for the penny drop :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']I still don't understand why people come into these threads and say the same old bullshit like people aren't aware of the internet or something. It's been explained multiple times why these CE gudes are more appealing than a wiki page, but I guess some are just handicapped in the comprehension department[/QUOTE]

This x 100.

Also thanks OP. Ordered one. :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']512 pages, that has to be one of the biggest guides out there[/QUOTE]

The original guide was 336 pages, so that's about right.

I bought the original guide along with the game when it came out.
I used it a lot to complete all of the challenges.

May get this just for a Rockstar games collector's guide.

[quote name='United_Korea']ffffff, i just bought the game for $15.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game, I wouldn't regret picking it up for 15 ... besides some of the DLC isn't worth the price, so you can still get most of the good DLC at a reasonable price.

Not to mention they have had all the DLC for 12.50 before. UDN is the only one I thought was good.

With that said, I loved RDR, I got 100% in the game. However, no matter how many guides you use, nothing will help you but luck when you actually need to search for certain animals. I bet I spent two hours looking for that last beaver, lol

Neat, I'm in for one. I think this game was overly ignored in GotY talks... definitely my pick my for 2010 GotY.

Sometimes I enjoy guides just for the literature. Collecting too.

Anyway, nice find OP!

[quote name='Vinny']I think this game was overly ignored in GotY talks... definitely my pick my for 2010 GotY.[/QUOTE]

"Talks" - or awards? RDR won GOTY (and 3 other categories) at the Game Developers Choice Awards on Wednesday, and GOTY at the Spike VGA (eww).

I know ME2 won at least a couple. Interesting how the price of ME2 cratered months ago while RDR has held up fairly well.

Anyway, OT - was there a LE/hardcover guide for the existing RDR? Don't recall seeing one.

bread's done
Back