Red Dead Revolver Sequel

sweet i loved this game i just hope they borrow some aspects of Gun to flesh it out more. each of those games Gun and Red Dead revolver were awesome but i always felt if each of those companies had pooled their efforts they could have made a hell of a game. i dunno if you ever tried gun but if you havent do it its well worth it. in gun you could actually scalp people i think and the horse riding was the shit. i do hope they add online mulitplayer of some kind maybe quick draws and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there were more western games... so many that have come out last gen showed how great it could be but never went all the way. Gun as great, but had a ton of shortcomings... RDR sounded great but I haven't played it yet...

how much is RDR cheap?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I wish there were more western games... so many that have come out last gen showed how great it could be but never went all the way. Gun as great, but had a ton of shortcomings... RDR sounded great but I haven't played it yet...

how much is RDR cheap?[/quote]

just as cheap as gun if not cheaper. both are easy to find super cheap but both were only made for the last gen unlike gun that i think got put on the 360. i still have both of those in my collection and for western fans theyre worth owning. i think red dead revolver had better replayability because once you beat gun thats pretty much it but it was a hell of a ride. the bosses are more challenging too. check wherehouse.com.

[quote name='heavyd853']I remember the first being quite fun if not the most amazing game ever.

I'm actually excited.[/quote]

Same here. I feel confident about this because there is hardly a bad Rockstar Game.

Would it be pushing it to ask for a new Max Payne?

[quote name='Puffa469']I hope this is good, but I'd rather see a sequel to GUN.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

Still RDR is better than nothing probably.

that's not the trailer. that was shown when the PS3 was first unveiled at E3 as an unnamed title. that's way before GTAIV or even table tennis was released.

Yeah this gamne will be badass and I can't wait, I went back and played GUN and wanna play Call of Juarez now just to get back into the Western mindset!

Looks awesome can't wait (I still got Gun to finish though), the game looks a little rough as of now though. Need some Anti Aliasing on that bitch. Can't wait!

looks good enough now all they need to do is create a fully explorable world , add in alot of side quests and mini games ( poker, bounty hunting , train robbing, quick draws) and bring back some of the other characters from the first game and have some kind of online multiplayer ( a cops and robbers type game would be sweet especially on horses) and youve got a hell of a game. you need multiple towns too. i really hope they "borrow" some of the stuff that made gun great too. if gun and red dead revolver had a kid that game would be sweet.

An open world would be really fun. Stopping and robbing stagecoaches would be a blast, or saving them from robbers.

I've dropped this in a few other threads around the interwebz, but I want to show my CAGs some love, too.

GameStop has a preorder contest going where your votes decide which of three alternate outfits, each with their own unique abilities, is available for download.

The three outfits to choose from include:

·The Savvy Merchant– buy guns and ammunition from any gunsmith for half the cost

·The Deadly Assassin–regenerate your "Dead Eye" targeting feature twice as fast

·The Expert Hunter– receive double skins and hides when you kill an animal

You can vote for your favorite costume up to once a day, but ballot box stuffing is encouraged, since each vote counts as an entry in a sweepstakes to win a trip to tour the old west on the historic Grand Canyon Railway or daily prizes of $100 GameStop gift cards.

I'm helping GameStop get the word out on this, so let me know if there are any questions I can answer.

For more information or to vote, visit Red Dead Referendum's Official Site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. I loved the original one and can't wait for this one to come out in April. I'm not a big fan of pre-order bonuses, but this might be the only pre-order for me this year.

[quote name='aspower']Thanks for the heads up. I loved the original one and can't wait for this one to come out in April. I'm not a big fan of pre-order bonuses, but this might be the only pre-order for me this year.[/QUOTE]

I loved the original so much I actually tracked down a multi-tap for my PS2. The thing was the size of a brick and set me back like $45, but it was so worth it to demolish my friends with poisoned pistols.

Which costume are you pulling for?

Man, rockstar always delivers in gusto. As much as people may disagree with me GTAIV was the equivalent of Godfather even with its flaws, while this one is very obvious what its related to ;)

If this turns out more like GUN and less like RDR, where you can roam around and do some decent side missions(like the stagecoach/train robbing people mentioned), then this will be a near release date pick up for me.

Otherwise, I may wait for a price drop(which seems to be happening ALOT quicker on games nowadays)before I pick up a copy.

Between the GTA DLC disc version coming out, God Of War 3 and possibly this, I'm going to be VERY busy for the next 6 months trying to finish all three(and them playing the online in the GTA DLC).

Loved the first one....but i don't know about a next gen sequel seems like one of those that just can't make that jump...i hope I'm wrong.

[quote name='GameStopTom']Glad to see so much excitement! Anyone care for some gameplay footage?[/QUOTE]

That's your idea of 'gameplay footage'? That's a thinly veiled ad for Gamestop with some miniscule footage thrown in while asking people to go vote for the 'Gamestop exclusive' item with RDR.

Thumbs down on that 'footage'.

[quote name='GameStopTom']Glad to see so much excitement! Anyone care for some gameplay footage?[/QUOTE]

Can I vote for none? And just put them in the game? I REALLLY hate exclusive store DLC. Not even for the fact that I have to go get it or deal with that bs... but it detracts from the game. It makes you feel like your experience is being altered and you are not playing it like it should be. Does that make sense? Like in ME2 - they give you stuff that does NOT work with what is going on and when they just give you items it makes it feel weird. I'm surprised they don't have an Exclusive Flame Thrower if you preorder Red Dead at Best Buy.

It just makes the game feel dirty and fragmented.

Also, I wished more peeps were talking about this game. I really am excited for it and this is the first game that I am anticipated for that I'm not going to hide from footage online.

One of my most anticipated games of the year. Looks like a lot of time and effort was put into this one.

Hey guys - I've got some more info for you.

Alternate costumes and the abilities they grant will play a huge part of RDR. The one unlocked by Red Dead Referendum will only be available to those who preorder from GameStop, but there will be tons of others unlocked throughout the game.

And good news for all you Canadian Cow-Pokes. Though you're not elligible for the old-west railroad tour sweepstakes, you can still vote and unlock the winning Red Dead Referendum costume.

bread's done
Back