Red Octane Taiko Drum $0.01 at Gamestop

Ikari Warrior

CAGiversary!
I know alot of you picked up Taiko Drum Master at the Gamecrazy sale, so I figured there'd be interest. I picked up a Red Octane brand taiko drum up at Gamestop for 1 cent. It was marked with a " $.01" price tag, must be a closeout, just a heads up!

Was noted in the penny guide thread, though it's understandable that not all would have seen it given that it wasn't a guide. Tried to buy the one that was left here and was refused (they offered to sell it for $5).

[quote name='TimTucker']Was noted in the penny guide thread, though it's understandable that not all would have seen it given that it wasn't a guide. Tried to buy the one that was left here and was refused (they offered to sell it for $5).[/QUOTE]

which i would've still went for...

I'll have to check this the next time I'm near a Gamestop. Unfortunely the closest ones to me are 40 or so minutes away. I'd like to get a 2nd drum though.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'll have to check this the next time I'm near a Gamestop. Unfortunely the closest ones to me are 40 or so minutes away. I'd like to get a 2nd drum though.[/QUOTE]

I pass two GS on my way home from school. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop at them tomorrow due to work.

Just an FYI - Don't expect to find this. The OP was lucky.

$.01 in EB and now GS speak means "Field Destroy", ie when something is "pennied out" it is supposed to either be sent back to the manufacturer or permanently damaged so it cannot be sold/returned. This usually indicates the item is going to be replaced by the original manufacturer with something new.

Just so ya know ;) If you do find it however, congrats!! :)

Anyone still know the MSRP on Taiko for EB? I'm going to head out to GameStop but I'm fairly sure they have never had any Red Octane drums in but there are some pristine copies of Taiko left over at EB and I have yet to snag myself a nice copy...

I haven't seen these at any of my local GS for a long time. So I seriously doubt they even have any at all. For $5 its still very good, if its in very good condition.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']which i would've still went for...[/QUOTE]

Only reason why I didn't is that I'd picked up 4 sets right when EB dropped the bundle down to $19.99 last spring. Figured that if I could get one of the Red Octane drums for $0.01 it'd be interesting to compare to the 1st party ones.

I picked up one of these at my local GS. I was out looking for penny guides, and had already checked inventory on this drum for all GS within 100 miles of my house using the website. Of course, all the stores showed a 0 inventory.

Imagine my surprise when I saw one sitting on the floor in a GameStop. I didn't see a price tag, so I asked the employees. One of them came over and picked it up. After looking it over for a bit, he tried to find it in the computer, but said it didn't show up in their inventory. He said he'd need to call another store to find out what was up. After one very short phone call, he handed it over and said I could just take it. Didn't even charge me the penny.

So what's better than a very good condition Taiko Drum for a penny at GameStop? Being told I could just have it.

Needless to say, the employees got a big smile and a couple of "Thanks very much!" from me.

nice! I wish my gamestop employees were that nice. They always hoard the rare games in their employee hold drawer and any penny items, they will throw in the back to take home themselves. Unfortunately I know this because I knew a couple people that worked there :(

[quote name='Damanthia']I picked up one of these at my local GS. I was out looking for penny guides, and had already checked inventory on this drum for all GS within 100 miles of my house using the website.[/QUOTE]

Where is it on the GS website? I can't find it listed.

Wow so thats why the guy at gamestop was buying this game the day before yesterday, i am gonna go back and see if they have any left.

[quote name='Damanthia']

So what's better than a very good condition Taiko Drum for a penny at GameStop? Being told I could just have it.

Needless to say, the employees got a big smile and a couple of "Thanks very much!" from me.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!

Congrats on finding it in store.

I'm going to have to go rooting around my local GS's to see what they have and hope that they'll be as nice about it if I do find it :D

Picked up the last one at my GS a while back for 10, which was a good deal... I doubt too many of you will find these as explained how GS destroys these things when they are pennied

[quote name='yukine']Where is it on the GS website? I can't find it listed.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure someone had a link for it at one time, and I'd looked it up that way. However doing a quick search on the GS website, and through the CAG forums, I couldn't find it. I'll have to see if I still have a bookmark for it anywhere.

[quote name='menikmati']Gamestop in Mira Mesa had a couple, I picked one up.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to pick another one up for cost+shipping?

Asked the guy if he had one, he said yes. Got one in the back said was $15. He scanned looked at the computer amazingly shocked then told me $15 A Magazine Subscription and a Gamestop. I had 25 cents in my pocket.

Would appreciate it if anyone could pick one up for me if you find it. Will do instant paypal reimbursement + shipping + whatever makes it worth your while

[quote name='sonicfreak5']Asked the guy if he had one, he said yes. Got one in the back said was $15. He scanned looked at the computer amazingly shocked then told me $15 A Magazine Subscription and a Gamestop. I had 25 cents in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Translation, please?

[quote name='zackattack']yeah I heard these are better than the official one. gonna look at gs tomorrow. thanks op[/QUOTE]

I have both the original and the RO drums. The original Taiko drum is much better, it has a softer and better feel to it. You have to hit really hard on the RO drum to register hits.

Then again, it's only a penny...

bread's done
Back