Red Rings?

xmunitalp

CAGiversary!
I just bought a Xbox 360 saturday, haven't played much. I was playing Guitar ero 2 last night, and just right now I turn on my console I see 3 red rings and then I restarted the console and its fine/
Any Idea? I hope this isn't a sign of failure...

You should have posted here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91772

This happened to me as well, when my 360 began getting the RRoD. Of course I towel tricked it a few times delaying the inevitable. My suggestion to you is request your coffin from Microsoft now. Sure you'll have to wait a few weeks for another system, but trust me it is not worth Towel Tricking or holding onto a system that displays the "3 Red Lights" once.

[quote name='ryanbph']don't call msft, return it to the store you bought it from[/quote]

What he said

So I thought it was safe to buy new consoles? Don't they have the new 65 nm chipsets? Or whatever the fuck they did to fix it?

I've gotten the 3 red rings before a couple of times and my console has been fine. I think sometimes it will just give that when the console overheats or something.

If you brought it this past week i would definately return it and get a new one. ignoring it will only delay what will become a permament RRoD

bread's done
Back