Red Steel 2 announcement coming soon, probably

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
From the official nintendo magazine

file0126lc0.jpg

from gonintendo

Now it doesnt specifically say its Red Steel 2, but it def feels like it could be. Either way they got me curious.

metroid prime 3's advanced controls and online make it interesting. Blood is good since it's called red steel. All it needs now is clean visuals and to lose that comic book cut scene style and i'll get it.

Blood appeared on the screen around the edges to show you took damage so some blood was in the game. Just almost none.

I thought Red Steel needed 3-6 more months of development time. If Ubisoft releases a sequel that isn't rushed, I think it could be pretty good.

Hopefully they look at Metroid Prime 3 and realize that's how you make good controls.

Red Steel needed 3 - 4 months to clean up all the rough edges.

I liked the first one enough to give the second a rental, but unless this one turns out to have great online multiplayer, then definately not a buy.

they aren't duping me again. I was so hyped over this game.. then, when i bought it at launch, i've never been so disappointed. I played it, maybe 2-3 times... and, that was far too much.

I didn't mind it for the controls alone. I never did beat it though. The mimes in the middle to later stages were pretty cool though.... running around in a room of manikins.

What was so bad about the first red Steel, i got it on the cheap (20 bucks) and havent thrown it in yet because I am still playin paper mario.

[quote name='pittpizza']What was so bad about the first red Steel, i got it on the cheap (20 bucks) and havent thrown it in yet because I am still playin paper mario.[/quote]
It wasn't a horrible game, it was just horribly overhyped. It was just pretty average as far as shooting goes. The swordfighting was bad though.

Edit: Just adding that Botticus is right. The game felt like it was rushed to be finished in time for the Wii launch. I have a feeling since the sequel isn't being rushed that it should hopefully be better.

[quote name='pittpizza']What was so bad about the first red Steel, i got it on the cheap (20 bucks) and havent thrown it in yet because I am still playin paper mario.[/quote]Red Steel needed another 6-8 months of development, I'd say. Still "cutscenes," flawed aiming, and a token swordfighting mechanic were the basic issues. Adding FMV would have enhanced the story quite a bit. Now that other games have done better FPS control schemes, the sequel should be able to improve in that area. Making the swordfighting more dynamic as far as input recognition goes will go a long way in making it more fun.

It was a like it or hate it game, depending on how forgiving you were. If the above improvements are made, I'll definitely buy the sequel.

I thought the aiming was fine in the game. It just had a programming bug where you had to turn the sound off on the wiimote or the cursor would be jittery. My main problems with the game was the fact that you could not skip cut scenes, which instantly kills replay ability, and the overall length. Never really tried the multiplayer because of the lack of anyone willing to give it a chance in my household.

Thx for the feedback and the tip about shutting the sound off in the Wii remote. A jittery reticule could be extremely frustrating.

i look forward to red steel 2. the first wasn't awful save for it's cutscenes and weird control moments. the multiplayer was fun, the wii is a good place to be fragging!

bread's done
Back