Redeem code problems on xbl

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Is anybody else having an issue redeeming codes? I bought a 1600 pt card Friday and been trying to redeem it since then and haven't been able to. On the website it says an error occured to try again later. On the actual 360 it tells me it can't connect/contact xbox live (or something like that), yet I'm online and everything works like it should?

Just was wondering if anybody else was having an issue or not?

Having this same problem, and it's rather annoying.

Just wanted to buy Trenched to play on my day off, instead I'm sitting here with a useless code and a short demo.

[quote name='KrebStar']Having this same problem, and it's rather annoying.

Just wanted to buy Trenched to play on my day off, instead I'm sitting here with a useless code and a short demo.[/QUOTE]

Damn yeah I don't see what the deal is. Everything else on xbl works fine.

When this happened to me a while back, my account was locked. Try calling customer service to make sure your account is not locked, worth a shot.

Did you guys take advantage of the 1 month for $1 exploit that happened a month or so ago?

If so, your account is locked, and you're going to be unable to redeem codes for XBL Gold/Microsoft points, and unable to buy them with your credit card.

You have to call Xbox CS to get it unlocked, and unfortunately, not every representative knows how to do it. There's a bigger discussion going on about it in the dead deals forum, but bascially, just keep calling until you get someone who knows how to unlock your account. You shouldn't have to wait any amount of time, despite what some reps will tell you.

[quote name='lolwut?']Did you guys take advantage of the 1 month for $1 exploit that happened a month or so ago?

If so, your account is locked, and you're going to be unable to redeem codes for XBL Gold/Microsoft points, and unable to buy them with your credit card.

You have to call Xbox CS to get it unlocked, and unfortunately, not every representative knows how to do it. There's a bigger discussion going on about it in the dead deals forum, but bascially, just keep calling until you get someone who knows how to unlock your account. You shouldn't have to wait any amount of time, despite what some reps will tell you.[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail on the head. \\:D/

Yeah, I called them up this morning and they fixed it. The guy was pretty cool about things, unlike the last experience I had with xbox support.

It was funny, at one point he was like, "wow, another black ops map pack already? That's ridiculous!"

[quote name='lolwut?']Did you guys take advantage of the 1 month for $1 exploit that happened a month or so ago?

You have to call Xbox CS to get it unlocked, and unfortunately, not every representative knows how to do it. There's a bigger discussion going on about it in the dead deals forum, but bascially, just keep calling until you get someone who knows how to unlock your account. You shouldn't have to wait any amount of time, despite what some reps will tell you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the heads up. I'll call them tomorrow and fix it, along with turning off auto-renew with my CC lol.

bread's done
Back