RedOctane DDR Pad $59.99 B&M Gamestop (YMMV)

Nice to see GS finally starting to sell this pad for what it should be selling for. The Red Octane pad is made by BNS and labeled Red Octane. You can also purchase this pad directly from BNS with a converter so you can use it for both PS2 and XBox for $58.95. We own 3 of them currently and highly recommend them.

Um, actually, no, the RedOctane pad was developed and produced exclusively by RedOctane. BNS basically just ripped them off.

~yyr

I used one at BB and wasn't very impressed. I don't know what the hype is with RedOctane. Just didn't suit my tastes. I'll stick with my metal mat.

$59.99 is a nice price for it, a lot better than the ripoff price of $100, especially since buy the time shipping is added to Buy N Shop or another site, it's the same price.

[quote name='Rig']I used one at BB and wasn't very impressed. I don't know what the hype is with RedOctane. Just didn't suit my tastes. I'll stick with my metal mat.[/quote]

Because RedOctane has a reputation and that's why their pads sell. Their pads aren't any more high quality than the Buy N Shop or Level Six pads. Plus, they have been part of the DDR community for a long time which is also why people are loyal to them. I gave them a chance when they had their trade in program (it ended about a year and a half ago). I got their standard $50 pad for trading in 1 game, it lasted less than 4 months and I was only on Basic at the time. As a comparison, the MyMyBox Ignition 2.5 pad I had lasted 9 months while I was on Standard and starting to play Heavy.

bread's done
Back