Referral links in signatures being screwed up

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
As you can see in my signature, I have a link to Goozex. However, if you look at the URL of it, it gets over-written by the CAG affiliate system. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to lose out on any potential referrals because of this.

Owly is blocked now...
This needs to be fixed, or addressed.
I wonder how many other people's signatures are messed up.

And as to why bit .ly (and other url obfuscators) gets blocked, it's probably so people can't sneak in their amazon/playasia/etc/etc/etc referral links in posts.

[quote name='crzyboy88']As you can see in my signature, I have a link to Goozex. However, if you look at the URL of it, it gets over-written by the CAG affiliate system. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to lose out on any potential referrals because of this.[/QUOTE]

From the FAQ:

[quote name='CheapyD'] Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and make my living. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

Additionally, if we allowed users to post their own affiliate links, the deals section would likely be overrun by postings that are not actual deals, but any opportunity for users to generate money from affiliate earnings.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112763

That rule applies to goozex?

I swear I've seen people with working goozex referral links in their sig in the past.

I thought people were always allowed referral links in their signatures, especially with Goozex, a site that's closely affiliated with CAG.

DVDProStore.com, established in 2007, is a professional DVD store which pioneered in online DVD sales and today is one of the fastest growing DVD shopping destinations on the internet with thousands of products.

We promise that all of our DVDS are factory sealed,cheap and with high quility.Besides,we are dedicated to providing the best service for you. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

We intend to continue serving you every day.

http://www.dvdprostore.com/index.php

bread's done
Back