REformating PS2 memory card

CAGiversary!
my memory card needs to be REformated because of corrupt data.does anybody know how to do this.

Most times, you're only able to reformat by using a program like Action Replay Max or something of that sort. I know some other people have suggested using a copy of Viewtiful Joe(or is it Viewtiful Joe 2?) due to the card erasing properties I think it had.

This is one thing that bugged me to no end, once you formatted a memory card, you were SOL if it corrupted without using some third party program to be able to reformat.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know some other people have suggested using a copy of Viewtiful Joe(or is it Viewtiful Joe 2?) due to the card erasing properties I think it had.[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Those full games themselves were fine. It was the VJ demo that did this on the Holiday 2004 demo disc. I kept that disc specifically for it's ability to corrupt my memory card allowing me to format it from the PS2's browser.

I notice you have a ps3, well if you have the ps2 memory card adapter you can use that to delete the corrupted data on your memory card. I thought I would have to reformat, but I was able to just delete the corrupted data and keep the rest of my saves.

bread's done
Back