Refurb 250gb Xbox 360 slim @ Bestbuy outlet for $149

Good deal for those not wanting Kinect and not having pre-selected games getting packaged in.

Thanks for the post OP.

This is an amazing deal. Especially since you can sell the 250 gb and get the 320 gb for about $100 these days. Kinects are running pretty decently cheap as well.

This should still contain everything a "new" console would, correct?

Would these be returns? Would the hard drive be wiped? I've never bought a refurbed console but for $149.99 I guess I can't go wrong unless it is DOA

I cannot comment since I have never ordered a refurb from them but it still seems to be a good deal. The hard drive itself is worth over $50 and if the system doesn't work, you can return it to your local bestbuy store.

More good reviews then bad. I guess it is hit or miss depending if Best Buy tries to pass of a beat up used system as "refurbished".

I tried refurbished once and it was a massive headache. The system crapped out in a week and when I got a replacement, it lasted all of a year. This deal seems pretty good though to be honest and if I did not have such a massive PS3 backlog I'd go for it. Does anyone know how much Gamestop is offering for these on a trade in with the 30% bonus this week?

Well i just ordered one and it come up to a whopping 163$..not bad as soon as i recieve i will report on condition of it!!Worse case i take it back for refund

That's a good deal.

My one concern and the main reason why I am not pulling the trigger on this is because I worry about the console being previously banned. Maybe someone can comment on this. I've never bought a refurbished console before.

A word of warning. Best Buy uses the term "refurbished" pretty loosely. I recently purchased a "refurb" portable A/C from Bestbuy.com. Had it shipped to store. When I picked it up, it was upside down in a beat up, heavily taped cardboard box with several pieces completely broken off and the exhaust hose destroyed. It looked like someone found it in a dumpster. How anyone deemed it worthy of re-sale is beyond comprehension.

Not saying this is the case with these consoles, just a heads up.

[quote name='Punisher138']A word of warning. Best Buy uses the term "refurbished" pretty loosely. I recently purchased a "refurb" portable A/C from Bestbuy.com. Had it shipped to store. When I picked it up, it was upside down in a beat up, heavily taped cardboard box with several pieces completely broken off and the exhaust hose destroyed. It looked like someone found it in a dumpster. How anyone deemed it worthy of re-sale is beyond comprehension.

Not saying this is the case with these consoles, just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I just had an image pop in my head of best buy employees in blue polo shirts diving head first into a dumpster behind Wal Mart, hoping to find some items they can resell. Thanks for the chuckle.

I bought this one maybe 6-7 months ago when it was 199 i saw on cag. It was the shiny black one 250gb. It was not banned and there is a refurbished sticker label on the back. Manufactur date say 2010 oct. It say 3 month warranty.

Um... It looked new and played new. I still not hav problem with it and my brothers play on it all the time. It also came with a headset and a trial card for gold.

Buy a slim 250HDD + abused Controller = get a possibly might work 360 console for free. Not too shabby, but to me refurb is still a 100% no-no when it comes to 360s.

This deal is suspiciously tempting. Best Buy must have a warehouse of half-broken returns that they're trying to unload.

I sold my white 20gb xbox for $125 and bought this for $158 shipped.

I was looking to upgrade rather than buying the wireless adapter.

Hopefully this works out.

BestBuy contracts out their refurb work to a "reputable refurbisher". That means they have some random-ass guy fix these things... These are NOT official MS repairs and MS will not touch the console if it craps out. You will be screwed out of your $150.

When MS repairs it, they replace the faulty motherboard or part. When refurbishers do it they generally repair the broken part as replacing parts becomes too costly (especially when you are a third party)...and it is easy enough to repair it. The problem is that repairs are not as reliable as a total replacement of the bad part would be, and when you repair a bad part it is still quite possible that it has the same defect that caused it to break in the first place, therefore the repair will eventually fail. And in my experience, more times than not, this is what happens...

As a person who refurbishes xbox 360s himself, I would never trust anyone else to refurb my unit. There are no set standards when refurbing and no way to know how good a job was done, or how long the unit will last before erroring again. Also, some people just dont know what they are doing and it becomes shockingly apparent when opening the case and seeing what has been done inside. Unless you get lucky and get a box that only had a DVD drive problem, chances are that the xbox will break again and you will be out your money since Microsoft will NOT touch the console when it breaks again. Also, since it was refurbed by a 3rd party, the warranty seal will be broken and thus the warranty will be obviously void because of that reason as well. If it is past 30 days, BB wont take it back as a return either apparently.

I have seen so many fucked up units because the person who refurbed it didnt do it right and for that reason the refurb didnt take properly and the unit red ringed much quicker.

As a general rule, refurb xbox 360s are a no-no. You are opening a whole can of worms that is better left closed. Spend the extra $50 and get a 4GB unit. Then buy a cheap old-style HDD (you can get them for a lot cheaper now-a-days), open it up with a screw driver, and stick the HDD in your slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: refurbed 360 S, I bought the Halo Reach version from Microcenter for $200 a few months ago with the matching Reach silver controller (but no second controller, game, manual, or original box; it was just the console, controller, AV cable, and power brick). They had several of them there and I wouldn't have bought one if I hadn't been able to inspect a few and pick the one I wanted. On a side note, with the new cloud saves and cloud profile, it makes it easier to start a game in the living room and finish on the Reach 360 in the bedroom.

So far, it's worked flawlessly and I'd recommend a refurb purchase if you can inspect the goods prior to closing the sale. On a side note, Microcenter did not format the hard drive and the previous owner's profile and games were still on it. Thankfully for him/her, I'm the honest type and blanked the hard drive myself. :applause:

Just got mine in the mail already! WOW the console and controller look brand new! I can't find a single mark or scratch. It was manufactured in late 2010. Maybe i'm really lucky

I got mine yesterday.It looked brand new was shiny black case ,the controller was brand new..besides fingerprints it did not have a scratch on it!!!Am going to try it out tonight and see what it does ..hahah hopefully it is not banned ..if it is im gonna be so pissed...lol..oh well i bought it mainly as a toy..

I bought two. I'm giving one to my kid brother as a graduation gift and the other I think I'll either keep and sell my 4GB Slim or sell the 250GB Slim and buy a new harddrive for my 4GB.

Both systems have arrived and look brand new as others reported. Is their anything I should check on the unit I may sell before I actually do?

I'd like to assume that they are in working condition but you never know....

[quote name='Isozyme']I sold my white 20gb xbox for $125 and bought this for $158 shipped.

I was looking to upgrade rather than buying the wireless adapter.

Hopefully this works out.[/QUOTE]

How did you sell your white 20GB for $125?
You must be lucky to find someone who will pay so much for the old console

[quote name='The Punisher']How did you sell your white 20GB for $125?
You must be lucky to find someone who will pay so much for the old console[/QUOTE]

probably with the $50 PUR bonus coupon from gamestop which gives you a $125 (plus tax deduction) trade credit. Speaking of that, just 3 days left to use the coupons. Dont know if I will be able to use all mine or not so I may just end up selling a few of them.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their anything I should check on the unit I may sell before I actually do?

I'd like to assume that they are in working condition but you never know....[/QUOTE]

At least two people on SD are reporting that they were prompted for an update and after updating were no longer able to read discs. So you probably want to make sure it's still usable after all current updates.

bread's done
Back