Refurbished Premium 360s - $259.99

FireUltima

CAGiversary!
http://xbox360-pros.com/purchase.php

It's possible that refurbs may drop in price even further once the official retail price drop comes into effect.

EDIT: I emailed them and they responded, it seems that the only warranty provided is the 90 day one and is NOT covered by the 3 year warranty by Microsoft. I do believe these guys are legit, but a 360 is a 360.

Not bad. Might as well skip a few steps because if you buy one new, you're going to end up with a refurbished one at some point later on anyway.

It's a good price and all, but the 90 day warranty is a bit scary. If you're a gambler and like really bad odds, then this deal isn't so bad.

I would imagine though it would still fall under Microsoft's 3 year warranty extension also. First 90 days, you would have to send it to these guys, after that, you contact Microsoft.

I talked with some local guys about the warranty shortly after it was started. They go off your console's manufacture date, not your buy date. So buying used doesn't cost you the warranty.

Not 100% about refurbs, though. If they opened it up you might lose it.

[quote name='Charron']I talked with some local guys about the warranty shortly after it was started. They go off your console's manufacture date, not your buy date. So buying used doesn't cost you the warranty.

Not 100% about refurbs, though. If they opened it up you might lose it.[/quote]

If MS can prove anyone outside their service centers touched it they won't honor warranty, they might refuse to touch it at all. I have a freind who RROD'd and got bored waiting for the box. He opened the case with nail scissors and they could tell. He had to pay $150 after pleading with them to still fix it at all.

This was before the latest warranty extension, so YMMV, but beware-if the refurbisher isn't an MS authorized center, you are probably on your own with respect to warranty work.

[quote name='vectorscalar']If MS can prove anyone outside their service centers touched it they won't honor warranty, they might refuse to touch it at all. I have a freind who RROD'd and got bored waiting for the box. He opened the case with nail scissors and they could tell. He had to pay $150 after pleading with them to still fix it at all.

This was before the latest warranty extension, so YMMV, but beware-if the refurbisher isn't an MS authorized center, you are probably on your own with respect to warranty work.[/quote]

Well, these guys were talking about a used console and not a refurb. Which I guess is totally different and thus I have contributed nothing. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back