Refurbished PSP value pack for $160 AR at TigerDirect

Tiger Direct rebates are a joke. Many, many people have problems with that site and small things like, oh, never actually getting the rebate check.

I wonder what firmware these would have

If your looking for an older firmware (which are REALLY difficult to find) try looking at your local GAMECRAZY. I had the guy bring down 4 boxes and several were version C! Thats 1.52. Which can easily downgraded to 1.50. Thats What I did.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']sorry for this question it may be dumb

why would you want to downgrade a psp ?[/QUOTE]

Because you can play old 8bit/16bit games on your new $249 handheld...

(I don't get it either)

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I guess not. Because you can play alot more than 8/16 bit "old" games on it. Which is why I have two.[/QUOTE]

This is legal? Right? What can you play on it? XBOX? PS2? Gamecube?

[quote name='soulwish2003']This is legal? Right? What can you play on it? XBOX? PS2? Gamecube?[/QUOTE]No, right now the most modern emulator they have is N64 or GBA, but a lot of homebrew on it is cool. Programs to use your PSP as a universal remote, or wireless controller for your PS2 (very fun to use when kids are playing demo units at Target), tons of other neat stuff.

[quote name='CappyCobra']TigerDirect sucks. Don't give these assclowns any of your money.[/QUOTE]

they aren't bad if you live near thair headquarters here in Miami.

I wish BuyRiteGames was still around to sell refurbished PSPs with rebates :p

I might tell my sister about this if someone actually gets the rebate back because she bought a PSP for her son (7 years old!!! I thought it was pretty retarded idea), and he accidentally put it on a pile of junk that was supposed to get thrown out. So, now some homeless guy rummaging through a landfill has a like new PSP in his hands with Midway Arcade Treasures 2 inside of it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']they aren't bad if you live near thair headquarters here in Miami.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any problems with them... but I do live 2 hours away from their Chicago store where all my stuff's shipped from.

[quote name='Vinny']I've never had any problems with them... but I do live 2 hours away from their Chicago store where all my stuff's shipped from.[/QUOTE]

almost same scenario for me. They have 2 shops about a 45 min away from me. Usually I call to see if they have what I want at their stores, then go and pick it up.

I personally wouldn't do business with this company as they tried to sue Apple for copyright infringement when they named their OS Tiger. Lame.

bread's done
Back