Refurbushed PS2 at GS

CAGiversary!
are they any good?do these come with any kind of warranty? has anybody out there bought one. shoud i buy it? looks like a good deal at $89.99.

They are only $89 in store for the large size Older PS2 model. Cheap huh? Well..........................half the time they give you a funky bizarro brand name controller from like, slovakia or somewhere. I swear to God, I work at a videogame store and I have never seen those brand names for the controllers they give you.

Ask them to open the box and that you want a name brand one. If they say they cannot open the box they are full of it. Seriously, the unit shoud work fine but they give you a crap controller.

What's a DRE? And if that is American, I don't think that's a very good deal. You can get them for 130 bucks in Canada and get free 30 dollars to spend at their store right now...so thats 100 Canadian basically.

Just so you're aware, against my better judgment I bought a refurbished Xbox bundle from Gamestop two years ago. I went through three lemons before I finally gave up. I would save yourself the trouble and buy a new system, or at least make sure that you're getting a newer model that isn't as prone to manufacturing problems.

i bought a refurb PS2 months ago [ around the time Guitar Hero came out, which is the reason why i bought it ] for about $110. it came with a used [ and beat up ] copy of Kingdom Hearts, A/V cable, AC adapter, and used Gamestop controller.

the console is pretty beat up. i was hoping to get a new system that someone returned shortly after purchasing and had gotten fixed, but it's totally the opposite. skuff marks, dirt/dust everywhere, it was a mess.

Reality's Fringe;2029257 said:
You can get a slimline (used one) for that much. IT's used, but the slimlines don't seem to have DREs.

It still happens, just not as much. They are also capable of putting the same circular scratches on disks. It just seems to have taken almost 2 years of use to get to this point. But hey, that's longer than the one week it took the original models to screw up (I know they didn't all do that. My launch day system never screwed up, but I sold it a year ago).

well i bought the REFURB ps2 (FATTY) yesterday. work good but takes about 10sec to read a disc is that normal might swap it out for a diffrent one. i got a 7 day return and 30 day warrenty. pretty good deal i think

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A REFURBISHED SYSTEM

If you are going to by used, by an actually used one. The reason being that if you buy a used one you get 90 days through the store to return it. If you by a refurbished system you get a 90 day warranty but only 7 through the store you bought it from and the rest through corporate or the system maker. So if there is a problem you have to send it away to have it replaced which takes approx 3 weeks.

Just an old game adviser opinion though.

[quote name='dwhelan']DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY A REFURBISHED SYSTEM

If you are going to by used, by an actually used one. The reason being that if you buy a used one you get 90 days through the store to return it. If you by a refurbished system you get a 90 day warranty but only 7 through the store you bought it from and the rest through corporate or the system maker. So if there is a problem you have to send it away to have it replaced which takes approx 3 weeks.

Just an old game adviser opinion though.[/quote]
Sony doesn't sell refurb systems.
MS does and Nintendo does.
MS gives 90 days
Nintendo gives 0 (as is only)

Gamestop does refurb PS2s, XBs and GCs. All have a 30 day warranty with optional extended warranty. You don't get the 90 day warranty anymore on used systems (some areas never had 90 days anyway).

The return period on all used/GS refurb units is 7 days. It's the same time period as any other used item. After 7 days it's same item only.

bread's done
Back