Regarding Final Fantasy X and X-2

sisco1986

CAGiversary!
I still haven't finished Final Fantasy X yet, you can thank sony and there wonderful demo for that. Anywho, I just recently picked up FFX-2 and was wondering will playing FFX-2 spoil the ending of FFX for me?

Well I know FFX is a great game, I went through 40 hours of FFX goodness. Also did get the free game, but that's not the point of what I'm asking. does it spoil FFX if i play FFX-2?

[quote name='CapAmerica']Ya it would really spoil the ending of FFX. Infact you won't have any clue why FFX-2 is happening with out finishing FFX[/quote]

That's what I wanted to hear, damn guess I'll have to wait to play it.

Yes, it spoils it. You won't understand what the hell is going on in X-2 if you don't finish X. Play it, and then play X-2. X is my favorite game of all time.

Ive had FFX for a while, i never finished it cuz i stopped playing it, i was stuck at the first stage of fighting Yunalesca, so i gave up like a month ago, lol but i think imma start playing it again, just so i can get X2, finally...lol

FFX-2 is worthless if you don't play FFX. YOu won't get 1% of the emotion of the story in part 2. Suck it up and play one of the best RPG's ever. You'll be happy you did.

[quote name='sisco1986']Well I know FFX is a great game, I went through 40 hours of FFX goodness. Also did get the free game, but that's not the point of what I'm asking. does it spoil FFX if i play FFX-2?[/quote]

40 hours? Did you even play the game? I think I racked up at least 140 hours before I finally beat the game, and that's only because I wanted to start X-2. (Of course I probably devoted 40 of those hours just to blitzball.)

By the way, I agree that you should go back and finish FFX first.

Well, I've had FFX's ending spoiled for me by a bajillion people, so I just went ahead and started FFX-2 without completley finishing X.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, I've had FFX's ending spoiled for me by a bajillion people, so I just went ahead and started FFX-2 without completley finishing X.[/quote]

Same here.. -.- and he still doesn't get the point that I wanted to play first then dicuss later.. but yea people told me to play FFX first then X-2. I've already like went 6 hr with X-2 and I'm a little ways into FFX so eh.

[quote name='Terabyte7'][quote name='sisco1986']Well I know FFX is a great game, I went through 40 hours of FFX goodness. Also did get the free game, but that's not the point of what I'm asking. does it spoil FFX if i play FFX-2?[/quote]

40 hours? Did you even play the game? I think I racked up at least 140 hours before I finally beat the game, and that's only because I wanted to start X-2. (Of course I probably devoted 40 of those hours just to blitzball.)

By the way, I agree that you should go back and finish FFX first.[/quote]

Those 40 hours were done in 2 sittings, over my summer vacation (I do have a life you know) and I was going to beat over my winter break, but the demo fiasco crushed that and really didn't have the consitution of going through it all again, but since I now Own FFX-2, I will try to get it done by the end of the month (long sentence huh?). I'm not really looking to get anal with FFX (blitz ball, finishing the grid ect.), I just want to get it done with. Oh yeah, heres a cookie (you'll get it in the mail) for 140 hours.

Anywho, thanks for the information everyone.

[quote name='Trakan']Yes, it spoils it. You won't understand what the hell is going on in X-2 if you don't finish X. Play it, and then play X-2. X is my favorite game of all time.[/quote]

So true. I played X2 without X, and I dont even know if I want to play X now. I am so sick of raising chocobos, being nice to hypellos, digging up metal scraps in the desert and gay-ass necromancers.

Where are the hypello rampage missions. Dammit I want some GTA Kill the Hypellos action.

Better yet, line them up with JarJarBinks and those huge glowing cacti --- BONFIRE CITY

The outfits are hot though.

If you really don't feel like playing through it again, don't bother. Games should be fun; they shouldn't feel like a homework assignment. I know with my back log of games still to play, I often get that feeling.

[quote name='pubes']If you really don't feel like playing through it again, don't bother. Games should be fun; they shouldn't feel like a homework assignment. I know with my back log of games still to play, I often get that feeling.[/quote]

Well it's not really a shore to play, it's never a shore to play a game for me. Just the fact that I have to go through every thing again (some of those boss fights were a bitch), and I had my characters customized the way I wanted them, now I have to sort through and try to remember how I had them set up. A well, I came to the conclusion a few minutes ago that I'll just enter game and prented I haven't played it. Plus I love watching those FMV's, so it's not really shore but more of an annoyance. I know what to do ahead of time, so I should get the game to where I was bit quicker and more prepared. No big deal.

FFX is such a great game though, and I really don't think FFX-2 (one of my favorite games of this console generation) would have the same impact if you didn't experience FFX. HEaring about it just isn't the same, you need to experience it.

Also, I beat FFX in about 50 hours and I didn't play much Blitzball, or chocobo raising, but I did complete the grid and a few side quests. I did some leveling up, though. I agree that games shouldn't be like a homework assignment, but you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play these two in succession.

FFX-2 is more like a side quest type of game. Kinda like complementary type of game that can be with or without it. I personally like FFX more in terms of story development.

Blah, Xenosaga was way more interesting IMO. I'm skipping FFX and going right for Shadow Hearts next. Everyone says that the story is badass.

Yes, it spoils it. You won't understand what the hell is going on in X-2 if you don't finish X. Play it, and then play X-2. X is my favorite game of all time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Trakan,
Wow, I'm not the only one. X is also my favorite game ever (I've been playing since the Atari 2600 days, I just love that game).

Can you play X-2 without X, probably. Really, you'll figure out what happened enough to get what's going on. But, it will ruin X for you, for the most part (especially some of the really dramatic story twists, though you can see them before they actually happen).

I'd play X first. Plus, I think its the better game. X-2 is a great sequal, and is great for more light hearted play, but it really fits together if you play X.

I didn't finish FFX, but i got to what I think was the last 'dungeon.'
I played and finished FFX-2, and enjoyed it. A few bits of dialog made me say 'Oh, so that's what must have happened at the end of FFX.' It didn't hamper my enjoyment of the game.

[quote name='slavefive']FFX is such a great game though, and I really don't think FFX-2 (one of my favorite games of this console generation) would have the same impact if you didn't experience FFX. HEaring about it just isn't the same, you need to experience it.

Also, I beat FFX in about 50 hours and I didn't play much Blitzball, or chocobo raising, but I did complete the grid and a few side quests. I did some leveling up, though. I agree that games shouldn't be like a homework assignment, but you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play these two in succession.[/quote]

I am playing FFX, before FFX-2. Just to clear that up.

I played through FFX, I think about 60 hours (I obviously didn't do all the side quests, but I did get three ultimate weapons).

I honestly didn't get very involved in the story or the characters. I didn't really care what happened to Tidus after destroying Sin. So, I wouldn't say you have to play through FFX first, especially if you really just want to play FFX-2.

Many feel differently, of course. If you were emotionally involved in the characters your first time through, then replay FFX. Otherwise, just skip it. I think FF7 did a much much better job of making the characters more real and more interesting.

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='slavefive']FFX is such a great game though, and I really don't think FFX-2 (one of my favorite games of this console generation) would have the same impact if you didn't experience FFX. HEaring about it just isn't the same, you need to experience it.

Also, I beat FFX in about 50 hours and I didn't play much Blitzball, or chocobo raising, but I did complete the grid and a few side quests. I did some leveling up, though. I agree that games shouldn't be like a homework assignment, but you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play these two in succession.[/quote]

I am playing FFX, before FFX-2. Just to clear that up.[/quote]

Wise decision, my good man.

Yes, you have to play FFX first, or many things in FFX-2 will be lost on you.

Be warned that many people hate FFX-2, though. I love it, probably because I'm a girl and it was a nice break from the usual stories in RPG's. Plus, I'm addicted to Sphere Break. But, you might be disappointed.

FFX was pretty bad an I cant even stand playing X-2. I am so put off from FF now that I dont really care about playing as the new gay guy for FF XII

[quote name='Anarchist']Ive had FFX for a while, i never finished it cuz i stopped playing it, i was stuck at the first stage of fighting Yunalesca, so i gave up like a month ago, lol but i think imma start playing it again, just so i can get X2, finally...lol[/quote]you too -.-

anyone have any tips on beating her?

She is tough - I think that is the only battle I had to play more than once. I don't remember it very well so I can't provide any tips though :( This is such a popular game that there are many excellent FAQs though, so just run a search.

Yunalesca... I had problems with her too.

I recall that you must keep at least 1 member of your party zombied at all times.

It also helps to be able to hit 9999 every time... but I forgot how you do it. It's been a year. :(

[quote name='Lina']Yes, you have to play FFX first, or many things in FFX-2 will be lost on you.

Be warned that many people hate FFX-2, though. I love it, probably because I'm a girl and it was a nice break from the usual stories in RPG's. Plus, I'm addicted to Sphere Break. But, you might be disappointed.[/quote]

If the battle system is the same, or at least improved that's all that maters to me. stories usually take a back seat for me in turn based RPG's.

Most say the battle system is improved, and I agree.

Try it yourself.

And I'm from Buffalo, too. Sucks here. :p

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='Lina']Yes, you have to play FFX first, or many things in FFX-2 will be lost on you.

Be warned that many people hate FFX-2, though. I love it, probably because I'm a girl and it was a nice break from the usual stories in RPG's. Plus, I'm addicted to Sphere Break. But, you might be disappointed.[/quote]

If the battle system is the same, or at least improved that's all that maters to me. stories usually take a back seat for me in turn based RPG's.[/quote]

It's definitely different. I'd call it 1/2 turnbased. You take turns attacking with your party, but the enemies don't stop attacking like in X.

Final Fantasy X is one of the worst Final Fantasy games ever, X-2 has better gameplay, but has such a repulsive story and cast of characters that it is unplayable for me.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Final Fantasy X is one of the worst Final Fantasy games ever, X-2 has better gameplay, but has such a repulsive story and cast of characters that it is unplayable for me.[/quote]

I liked Rikku

Bring it Beefsteak!

Actually I used to like her before I saw anna nicole in rikku costume

](*,)

[quote name='sisco1986']Well I know FFX is a great game, I went through 40 hours of FFX goodness. Also did get the free game, but that's not the point of what I'm asking. does it spoil FFX if i play FFX-2?[/quote]

Somewhat, but if you were 40 hrs in then you know the gist of the story.

Off-topic: I'm still waiting for some bloke who was suppose to sell me his free HSG4 for $20 to sell it to me.

bread's done
Back