Reggie Talks Apple

Meh, I think business analysts compare Nintendo to Apple more than any of their real customers (for either one). If the closest comparison they can draw is that the DS Lite uses a mac-like color (which is fine by me), well they're going to need to apply that "tag team" rumor to alot of other companies too including some of Apple's main competitors. Personally I'd be against a merger of these two, it makes me too afraid that I'll have to buy a new "generation" of the Wii about every 10 or 11 months or whatever...

Also, at least IMO (and I'm going off topic here), Apple has not been that inventitive for at least 2-3 years now. I mean let's examine this upcoming year, they have they're new media center extend... I mean iTV products launching and the obvious iPhone, but really that's not something we haven't seen already in some shape or form from the consumer electronics industry already. T\Now I'm not anti-Apple, I love some of their products now and these will probably be great products in the near future, but they aren't anything truly innovative, simply existing products redone the Apple way (which is all well and good too).

[quote name='aduckie']Reggie Fils'aime talks about the possibility of merging with Apple.[/QUOTE]

What choo talkin bout? He merely complimented Apple, and expressed his belief that there are similarities between their's and Nintendo's philosophies. Nothing about mergers, though. In fact, he specifically said that he doesn't think any sort of partnership between the two would work very well, due to both being "the type of company that likes to keep it's own ecosystem by itself."

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']In fact, he specifically said that he doesn't think any sort of partnership between the two would work very well, due to both being "the type of company that likes to keep it's own ecosystem by itself."[/quote]
Well wouldn't him saying that there isn't a possibility of a merger be talking about the possibility of merging with apple? :razz:

[quote name='SpazX']Well wouldn't him saying that there isn't a possibility of a merger be talking about the possibility of merging with apple? :razz:[/QUOTE]
Don't get smart with me. -__-

But if you want to put it that way, then I suppose so.

Not remotely possible for the simple reason that Steve Jobs wouldn't enter any merger that did leave him in a dominant position and NCL would never allow that. The Disney/Pixar deal left Jobs as the largest shareholder at Disney and put Pixar in charge of Disney's animation efforts. A strikingly similar situation to when Apple bought NeXT but it was NeXT guys soon running Apple afterwards.

Aside from that there really isn't much to be gained from such a merger. If anything, there would be a conflict with one side avidly pursuing mass market while the other prefers limited marketshare with high margins.

It would be a funny combination, on one hand you have an electronics company with one of the best warranty and service plan programs, and on the other hand you have an electronics company with arguably the worse warranty and service plan in the biz. One has incredible durable hardware intended to last for the long haul, the other has planned obsolescence and consruct of materials more fragile than eyewear.

yes, I might be a bit bitter towards apple...

[quote name='Xevious']If that were true, there would be a ESPN-ABC-Disney-Pixar-Apple-Nintendo connection.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget Buena Vista TV/Pictures/Games, the Muppets, Radio Disney, or SOAPnet.

[quote name='Yertle']It would be a funny combination, on one hand you have an electronics company with one of the best warranty and service plan programs, and on the other hand you have an electronics company with arguably the worse warranty and service plan in the biz. One has incredible durable hardware intended to last for the long haul, the other has planned obsolescence and consruct of materials more fragile than eyewear.

yes, I might be a bit bitter towards apple...[/quote]

LOL, so true. If they merged and NOA took on Apples customer service policies it would be hilarious. Your Wii's save ram battery would die, and you'd call up and Nintendo would tell you to 'Buy another Wii'. lol

bread's done
Back