Reggie's E3 Surprise - Place your bets

The easy answers are Pikmin 3, Animal Crossing, & Kid Icarus.

For something more off the wall, hmm.... how about Wii Punch-Out? That could be cool. A new Pilot Wings would be nice too. A new Donkey Kong platformer could be ok as well.

Something I doubt will ever happen but would be an auto win for Nintendo: EBA vs. Ouendan. I have no idea how they could pull that off for Wii, but if it were done properly it would be amazing.

Honestly, the things I'm most hoping they'll announce are both for DS, Mother 1-3 collection and EBA 2. Either one of those would be enough to win E3 for me.

Why speculate? It's such a useless endeavor at this point, because everyone will start bitching that their specific wetdream did not come true.

I've come to terms with the fact that a HDD will never be realized, friend codes are here to stay (and most likely with the next system), and that Earthbound is never coming to the VC (which means it follows that Mother 3 is never coming).

So I'm just....not really interested at the moment. Experience tells me franchise titles. So I'm guessing Pikmin is likely. Rumors persist that MGS is coming, and that Retro is making a Zelda FPS. I don't know how much I like those rumors.

Just difficult to get excited right now.

[quote name='Strell']Why speculate? It's such a useless endeavor at this point, because everyone will start bitching that their specific wetdream did not come true.

I've come to terms with the fact that a HDD will never be realized, friend codes are here to stay (and most likely with the next system), and that Earthbound is never coming to the VC (which means it follows that Mother 3 is never coming).

So I'm just....not really interested at the moment. Experience tells me franchise titles. So I'm guessing Pikmin is likely. Rumors persist that MGS is coming, and that Retro is making a Zelda FPS. I don't know how much I like those rumors.

Just difficult to get excited right now.[/QUOTE]

Lies

Some quality RPGs would be nice. While SMRPG is good, I'd rather it not be tied to another Nintendo franchise. Although Reggie's quote pretty much assured that the "suprise" is another installment in one of Nintendo's establish franchise. Lets just hope its one of the less expose franchise.

New Wii Game
Animal Crossing
Pikmin 3
Zelda
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Kid Icarus
Kirby
Star Fox
Zelda

DS Game
Super Mario: Legend of the 7th stars Saga
New Super Mario Bros. 2

Did Waggle 'n' Win ever get officially announced?

(Waits for rimshot, feels scowls from zealots worldwide.)

I will predict an actual full-length 'Mario & Sonic' adventure. Finally. Because I'm a loon.

Happy Easter, CAG!!

[quote name='Strell']Why speculate? It's such a useless endeavor at this point, because everyone will start bitching that their specific wetdream did not come true.

Just difficult to get excited right now.[/QUOTE]

Ya know I was reading through the entire thread to see if someone said it, and you did

PikMiin, allowing you to use your Mii character in-game.

Seriously, I'd kill for a new Pikmin game with Wii controls. Flinging Pikmin across the screen using the Wiimote and nunchuk would be awesome.

[quote name='jollydwarf']Did Waggle 'n' Win ever get officially announced?

(Waits for rimshot, feels scowls from zealots worldwide.)

I will predict an actual full-length 'Mario & Sonic' adventure. Finally. Because I'm a loon.

Happy Easter, CAG!![/QUOTE]

:drool:
It's ashame, because that would actually be a GOOD idea. See, THAT would be a surprise. Saying "ZOMG GUISE, ANIMAL CROSSING THIS HERE HOLIDAYZ!" isn't a big shock.

[quote name='JJSP']PikMiin, allowing you to use your Mii character in-game.

Seriously, I'd kill for a new Pikmin game with Wii controls. Flinging Pikmin across the screen using the Wiimote and nunchuk would be awesome.[/quote]
No. That would suck. Have you ever played Pikmin? You'd need arms of steel to do a major boss battle. Keep waggle in games that should have it like Wii sports and keep it out of Pikmin.
And as much as I hate to say it, I have a ZOMG LEAK of things NOT revealed at E3:
HDD
VC SD playback
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Anything Mother/EarthBound related besides "LOL MAYBE LATER" (Actually, I'd love it if someone called Reggie on this. They took the EB demo out of the US Brawl. WTF?)
Pikmin
Star Fox (unless it's a remake of Assault)
F-Zero
[insert beloved franchise here]

And finally, I have a leak of the actual surprise.
Mario Party 9-With Sonic LOL!

As for Animal Crossing being the "surprise" I have no reason to doubt it. I really hate Nintendo.

All I want that I can think of off the top of my head are USB HDD support (and not a proprietary HDD either), Disaster and WWE:No Mercy (fully customizable like the ROMs) for WiiWare. But I know none of those will ever happen. So I don't care.

I'd love Super Mario RPG 2, as many others in this thread have said.
I'd also, after playing Super Smash Bros: Brawl, would love a Nintendo RPG. With every single character. That lasts 90 hours.
Oooh...

The following games have been announced or have shown up on NCL's financial report to come out in 2008:

Disaster
Fatal Frame IV
Kirby
Animal Crossing
Mario Baseball Stadium
Wii Music

Taking those as a given...

Has half a chance of happening: Kid Icarus, Pikmin 3, Zelda game announced for 09, various B-level franchises given another run-out

In my dreams lol, and Nintendo wouldn't even be announcing some of these: Super Mario Galaxy 2, 1080 Snowboarding and Punch-Out Wii for the balance board, Chrono Break, 2D Metriod, either a Resident Evil 5 spin-off game or a new RE using the RE4 engine, Super Mario World 3 or any other 2D Mario on a home console, and most importantly NEW CORE GAMER IPs.

What I'm interested is what do these 3rd party companies have instore for the wii. It's the biggest selling console, so I'm expecting ps2-quality titles to start popping up.

Yeah there are some promising Wii games coming from Japanese companies, King Story looks awesome for instance. As for Western companies I think they're all too busy making generic dual-analog shooters.

[quote name='seanr1221']What I'm interested is what do these 3rd party companies have instore for the wii. It's the biggest selling console, so I'm expecting ps2-quality titles to start popping up.[/quote]
Here's my current list of anticipated third-title games, all supposedly coming in 2008:

Untitled Treasure Project Blast Works
Zombie Massacre
Battle of the Bands
Eternity's Child
Okami
Boom Blox
de Blob
Untitled Q Entertainment Project
Rygar
Sam and Max
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden
Major Minor's Majestic March
Monster Lab

[quote name='lilboo']Aren't we still waiting for the September surprise? :whistle2:k[/quote]
I thought of that, but (I'm guessing I got this wrong) didn't we get the Everybody Votes channel in October?

[quote name='Doomed']I thought of that, but (I'm guessing I got this wrong) didn't we get the Everybody Votes channel in October?[/QUOTE]

I think Everybody Votes came out this time last year. Check Mii Out came out around November. So, we got our Sept surprise in Nov? :lol:

The September "surprise" was a couple of potential things. The only two I remember right now were the introduction of Import games on the VC, which came in the form of Mario Bros 2: Lost Levels and Sin and Punishment.

The other potential was the Wiimote glove/protectors/condoms that Nintendo sent out for free and started packaging into all systems/controllers.

I think there were a few other things that qualified, but I can't remember them at the moment.

[quote name='lilboo']I think Everybody Votes came out this time last year. Check Mii Out came out around November. So, we got our Sept surprise in Nov? :lol:[/quote]
Bleh, I meant check Mii out.

[quote name='seanr1221']A HDD :drool:[/QUOTE]

Not likely, but it would be amazing, especially for the VC, WiiWare, and SSBB content.

*knocks on wood*

They better announce that Pikmin 3 will be out by the end of this year or early next year. I'm only so hungry for it because it's impossible to find Pikmin 2 for under $20 around me. I just went through Pikmin 1 and beat it for the first time(after playing it a lot before, but never getting to the end), and I need to play a new one. I have fond memories of Pikmin 2's multiplayer, and I started the single player and was enjoying it. Perfect for online with Wii controls.

Yeah, I just played and beat Pikmin for the first time about a month ago, and have been frustrated at being unable at finding Pikmin 2 at a reasonable price. I'm really hoping for a 3rd one for the Wii soon, and maybe even a DS game. I think both the touchscreen and the wiimote would be perfect for this game.

Wii music will support 100-piece orchestras using online matching for each individual instrument. And it will support the Wii Fit board as well, to measure if you are tapping your toe in time to the piece being played accurately. 9/8 Ride of the Valkyries becomes the new Halo.

Didn't Reggie say the September Surprise was the system update? I'm sure he was just covering up a stupid comment he made but I think that one's been resolved.

Wii Music would be really cool, but is that really utilizing some of Nintendo's key franchises? I'm interested to know if they see the "Wii" series as a franchise or the individual titles like Wii Sports or Wii Play.

M3G@T0N!!!!11!1!1!!!!!1!!111!

n!t3ND0 iz g0in 3 p@rdy!!!

Anyways I say it is a MMO Animal Crossing and hopefully a harddrive.

Or maybe Star Tropics 3!

bread's done
Back