REGION FREE Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (Platinum Hits) $38.80 shipped @Play-Asia

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
you sure it's region free? I know the original was, but I also know Cave said they aren't doing anymore region free games and that they are weird enough to put protection back on for the PH version.

[quote name='ninja dog']you sure it's region free? I know the original was, but I also know Cave said they aren't doing anymore region free games and that they are weird enough to put protection back on for the PH version.[/QUOTE]

According the Play-Asia. Yes it is. I was worried a little also, honestly.

When I contacted them they said they tested in house and it worked for both PAL and US consoles.

So I ordered one, it should be shipping soon and I can report back if it doesn't work.

Watching that video was a lot more fun than actually playing that game would be for me (since I suck at these types of games).

I bought this new from Play-Asia for around $75 and still haven't played it yet. I wonder if I could sell it to make some of the money back and just buy the PH version instead.

I ordered the original printing at launch and haven't looked back. It's a great game for "shmup" fans and this is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to get in on it at a cheaper price. For those not in the know, this was made by the same people that made Deathsmiles (retail) and Guwange(XBLA).

I bought it for $75 on NCSX. The game is VERY good IMO. I recommend it.
[quote name='crunchewy']I'm definitely in for one, but I want to find some other stuff to get and then hopefully a coupon. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]Since you live in the same state as me, I might be willing to give you my $5 Play-Asia coupon, since I dunno if I can use it on my next purchase which doesn't come out until early December (expires Nov. 28th).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I bought it for $75 on NCSX. The game is VERY good IMO. I recommend it.
Since you live in the same state as me, I might be willing to give you my $5 Play-Asia coupon, since I dunno if I can use it on my next purchase which doesn't come out until early December (expires Nov. 28th).[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! Thanks! Didn't know being in this state was going to earn me anything. :)

I've never imported or played a game from Japan! But I'm seriously bored out here and am gonna get this!

Any other recommended region free games that I can't get from amazon or gamestop?

In for 1. I just got 200/200 on Super Meat Boy, so I am feeling especially "l33t." From the videos, this should bring me down a few notches. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Aliens']Excellent game, highly recommend it to anyone who likes Ikaruga, Gradius, R-Type, etc.[/QUOTE]

^This. Such an awesome SHMUP. I bought the LE on release and do not regret dropping $120 on it.

I should jump on this.... I really should but...

[quote name='joshnorm']So I ordered one, it should be shipping soon and I can report back if it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]I think I will, at least, wait for this though I really have no doubts about it being region free... I've used Play-Asia region guide a number of times and have never been lead astray by it.

Looks interesting, but after the disappointment that was Deathsmiles I'm not really sure what to do. Gameplay looks better at a glance, but I'm afraid the rest of the experience is going to be much of the same.

I was just looking at this version the other day. They hadn't tested it for US consoles yet at that point, though. I think I'm gonna have to bite. I couldn't find the original PS2 version anywhere in Japan for less than 10,000 yen, and I just couldn't justify it.

Wow it was sold out from ncsx in one day. How does it compare to Raiden IV or Deathsmile? Raiden iv is ok to me but deathsmiles was a bit underwhelming because the sexy faceplate.

[quote name='helmet']Looks interesting, but after the disappointment that was Deathsmiles I'm not really sure what to do. Gameplay looks better at a glance, but I'm afraid the rest of the experience is going to be much of the same.[/QUOTE]

Deathsmiles is great and this game is a lot harder if that is what threw you off of deathsmiles.

Also does anyone know if this platinum hits version has version 1.01 with it?

[quote name='clickpow']
Also does anyone know if this platinum hits version has version 1.01 with it?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was like a pre-order/limited bonus...it's on XBLA at least

[quote name='Diebythesword']I thought that was like a pre-order/limited bonus...it's on XBLA at least[/QUOTE]

1.01 is on the marketplace?

The black label edition or whatever it's called is on the marketplace, it was included in all first prints and the LE of the game or something.

Might be mixing this up with ESPgaluda 2 though.

Black label and 1.01 are different. As far as I know 1.01 isn't on the marketplace and it is very hard to find a download code for.

It would be nice if the platinum hits had it but I don't think anyone has received theirs yet to verify

Am I the only one here who doesn't get it..? lol. I don't see the value in this game at all. It's a super ridiculously hard space fighter type game from Japan and it costs 80$? Why..?

$80 is the standard price (after currency conversion) of Japanese Xbox 360 games. The deal is that the Platinum Hits version is currently $38 shipped, which is way more reasonable than $80.

[quote name='clickpow']Black label and 1.01 are different. As far as I know 1.01 isn't on the marketplace and it is very hard to find a download code for.

It would be nice if the platinum hits had it but I don't think anyone has received theirs yet to verify[/QUOTE]

Black label is available on the US Xbox marketplace here. I haven't seen confirmation of 1.01 on Platinum disc either, only heard that it's possible, as other CAVE game Value editions included their DLC.

I ordered a copy two days ago after a confirmation from PlayAsia that the game was region free. I'll certainly check back in and post about the 1.01.

[quote name='IronZombie']Am I the only one here who doesn't get it..? lol. I don't see the value in this game at all. It's a super ridiculously hard space fighter type game from Japan and it costs 80$? Why..?[/QUOTE]

It's really not "super ridiculously hard." It's easy to pick up and play, but it takes some practice to get really good. Games are fun when they're easy to pick up and hard to master.
It's not like games today where you play once and it's over. You play the same levels over and over, but because they're packed with tons of shit going on all the time, it stays fun. And you want to keep topping your score, dying less, etc.

It's an obscure genre and the company that makes these games doesn't print a lot of copies. But there's demand for their games because they're some of the best in the genre, so the company charges a bit more.

[quote name='IronZombie']Am I the only one here who doesn't get it..? lol. I don't see the value in this game at all. It's a super ridiculously hard space fighter type game from Japan and it costs 80$? Why..?[/QUOTE]

It's not for everyone. If you are into score based games & like the possibility of going for a 1cc, then you would probably enjoy it. The scoring system is very deep and an absolute blast once you understand it. If you're looking for a game with an "ending" then this is not for you. You can clear the game with unlimited credits in less than 40 minutes. In fact I would say try not to even play arcade mode and skip to score attack for a while (1 credit limit). It's also a great excuse to use the arcade stick you probably bought for Street Fighter! There's no space fighter theme here either though, part of the reason I like the game so much.

As for the 1.01 edition, I don't think anyone will be missing out if t's not included. I picked up the card after I missed out on the first print run and honestly I don't know what the differences are. I looked them up shortly after getting it and dont even remember. Black label has some great alternate modes tho (scoring based differences).

Hands down, I prefer vertical scrollers compared to side scrollers, so I'm really interested in this. Only problem is, widescreen TVs make games like these tiny.

Just ordered a copy, that's a tremendous deal! Between this and Guwange I'll be in shooter heaven. I still need to snag a copy of Death Smiles, and hopefully Dodonpachi hits the US XBLA at some point.

[quote name='eastx']$80 is the standard price (after currency conversion) of Japanese Xbox 360 games. The deal is that the Platinum Hits version is currently $38 shipped, which is way more reasonable than $80. There's nothing else there to get, newbie.[/QUOTE]
Wow.. you HAD to add that last part didn't you..? It's hard I guess for people on forums who think they're above everyone else to be friendly to eachother. You're SOOO cool because you're not a "newbie"! I guess I can't ask a legitimate question about something I don't know without getting called out on it by some loser.

For everyone else who KINDLY answered my question, thank you. I guess if this game is something you enjoy, you should get it.

am i the only one who thinks $40 is still too much for this game?? i mean it looks like an arcade game to me....but then again im no weaboo

[quote name='hendrickfan24']am i the only one who thinks $40 is still too much for this game?? i mean it looks like an arcade game to me....but then again im no weaboo[/QUOTE]
Nope, you're not the only one. I asked earlier why this kind of game is 80$ (I had no idea about the exchange rate) and I got chewed out by some idiot with a big e-peen apparently.

But I still don't get what the big deal is for this kind of a game. It looks like it's not worth 40$ (at least not to me). If people like it though, I have no problem with them buying it and enjoying it. I just personally did not get it is all. Don't hate on me for that.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']am i the only one who thinks $40 is still too much for this game?? i mean it looks like an arcade game to me....but then again im no weaboo[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what a weaboo is but if you are a Shoot 'Em Up fan then you are starving for good games. CAVE is the top tier but they don't have many releases outside of Japan so this was a HUGE deal that this and the Esp. 2 was put up region free since CAVE keeps it region locked (and decided to do it going forward again...sadly)

If you are not a fan of the SHMUP genre then yea this won't appeal to you. But if you are this price point is perfect hence why people are jumping on it. Sure its not graphically great but if you like the genre then you will spend hours playing this game.

Also, some people don't think its worth dropping $60 on COD: Black Ops....just saying. If you are a fan of the game type then you will love it. If you never played this type of game check out Raiden Fighter Aces I think its a bargin bin title right now that doesn't need importing or Gunwage on XBLA.

bread's done
Back