Region Switch

WildWop

CAGiversary!
Has anyone here modded their GC for a region switch? I just picked up a gamebit and will be getting the rest of the supplies tomorrow. Any recommendations before I start?

I paid to get mine modded with a region switch a couple years ago. ncsx.com did it for me.
Great site if you dont feel like trying yourself.

Sorry, no advice.

When you put in the switch, make sure you leave enough room for the broad band adaptor if you plan on using it.

I have the region switch on my GC. I have a Jap launch cube and I had it modded as soon as the American system launched. No problems at all, go for it.

[quote name='Querjek']Just out of curiosity, why are you modding instead of getting a Freeloader?[/quote]

The switch is easier then a freeloader, no need to swap discs or any of that. Just a simple flick of a switch. I prefer the switch over a freeloader.

Freeloader doesn't always work. Sometimes new games come out that don't work with it and then you need to get your freeloader upgraded (usually for free though). On the other hand, the switch always works.

[quote name='dracula']what japanese gamecube games are worth owning? the naruto series doesnt interest me.

anything else?[/quote]

Gundam: Pilots Locus. That game is the best Gundam game ever made. Even better then rise from the ashes if you have ever played that. also, Giftpia, which I still have sealed... :?

Also, the Japanese Donkey Konga games are worth owning.

[quote name='dracula']what japanese gamecube games are worth owning? the naruto series doesnt interest me.

anything else?[/quote]

Doshin the Giant

[quote name='chunk']Freeloader doesn't always work. Sometimes new games come out that don't work with it and then you need to get your freeloader upgraded (usually for free though). On the other hand, the switch always works.[/quote]

That's pretty much the reason I'm looking to do the switch. I have a Freeloader, but sometimes playing the game has minor glitches (Naruto 3 has a crackling output for some sounds, for instance). Plus, it's always faster to just flip a switch rather than swap the disc.

[quote name='WildWop']That's pretty much the reason I'm looking to do the switch. I have a Freeloader, but sometimes playing the game has minor glitches (Naruto 3 has a crackling output for some sounds, for instance). Plus, it's always faster to just flip a switch rather than swap the disc.[/quote]

On the otherhand the freeloader seems safer.

I'm always afraid I will accidentally flip the switch and erase my US memory card.

bread's done
Back