Regional Gamestop Promotion (Hialeah, FL) only?

Se7en69

CAGiversary!
Hey Guys! I have some interesting info for any of you in the Hialeah area. I went into Gamestop today to trade in 6 games for 30% off + 10% off with the Edge Card. The employee tells me I am in luck because Gamestop stores in Hialeah are having a promotion and you get an extra 20% off. $30 valued games should net you $48, because on my receipt it shows Super Mario Galaxy for $48.60.

For the exact location I went to it was the Gamestop in the Westland Mall - 1645 west 49th street. Now as to the bad part. I do not know when this ends. The employee had no idea and it is a promotion which he must enter manually on the computer. He knew about the promotion and told me up front, but it took him two tries to get it right.

I got Rock Band and Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 for my 6 games. This is probably the first (and only) time I actually went out ahead because most of the games I traded in I bought cheaper! Pretty crazy and I hope this helps out someone.

I also posted this in the regional FL thread, but thought it may get more looks here. And maybe someone can report back if other stores are doing this?

I assume you mean bonus instead of off?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll try this at some San Diego locations and report back.

GameStop runs promotions like this fairly often for specific stores in an attempt to bring more trade or used sales into a particular location. The store by my house in Las Vegas (#5294) is running the +50% trade promo, as well, and the coupon lists only ten stores, which are scattered across NV, ID, and UT.

[quote name='zephie']I assume you mean bonus instead of off?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll try this at some San Diego locations and report back.[/quote]

Yeah, that is what I meant. Sorry about that!

bread's done
Back