Relationship Thread

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Seems like all the girls around me (in the part of town I live in) are either pregnant/have children already or they are already hooked up to some pretentious douchebag. Either way, it makes me sick. I always think about that "one that got away".[/QUOTE]

At least you already know who the easy ones are!

[quote name='dohdough']Helps if you have a backlog of games. At this rate, I'm still good for another year at least.[/QUOTE]

i was so depressed i gave away my ps3. maybe i'll buy a new one.

I was going to post a shortened version of this in the "hOTT and bOTThered" thread, but I guess this would be better.

On pay day, a co-worker friend (Steve) and I go out to eat. We decide to go to a Denny's that was near his house. We eat and go to pay the bill where the cashier greets us. She was actually nicer than our waitress and was very charming when she said to come back for a future visit.

Two weeks past and we go back to the same Denny's. We are seated and the waitress comes to take our order. It was the cashier from two week's earlier. Her name is Laura and she looked at me and said "You look familiar" with a smile. I looked at her and my heart started beating fast. There felt like such a strong attraction where I couldn't speak. It felt like time stopped until she asked if I wanted to order. I ordered and then Steve ordered. However, I noticed that she was still staring at me while he was ordering.

Throughout the night, she was very good making sure we had enough to drink, eat, etc. that I decided to add more than 20% for the tip. I even put in a good word to (I am assuming) the manager. Since then, Laura was the waitress every time we returned. One time I was watching a show on Steven's phone. She came over, asked what I was watching, and leaned behind me to watch (the battery went out shortly after).

I wondered if Laura was just being nice so she could get a big tip. Part of me thinks she didn't for two reasons:

1. She gave us the choice of paying at the table or at the register. I remember always having to go up to the register to pay at Denny's.

2. I left my card next to the receipt on the table the next time we were there and she never picked it up. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to get the money although she did mention working long hours without making much.

Steve was suggesting I make a move to get her phone number. I was scared because the last time I asked a woman for her number, she answered "I don't think my finance would like that" but I decided to do it when we went back to Denny's this past Friday.

She wasn't there.

After paying the bill, I asked if Laura was still around. I find out she quit the job but the person did not know exactly what happened to make her leave.

I feel crushed and kind of embarrassed to the point where I feel like I shouldn't go there anymore. Sure there are attractive women out there, but I don't remember the last time a woman made me feel so wanted and desired. I'm wondering if I should have made a move sooner; Steve thought I should have returned later that night when she was talking about her long hours.

Since this happened, I don't know what to think. The only thing I'm doing is playing "Love Hurts" on Rock Band and drinking - one bottle of beer a day (usually I drink once a week at the most).

Sorry if this post was too long or in the wrong thread, but I never experienced anything like this before.

Thanks for reading.

[quote name='Cage017']I was going to post a shortened version of this in the "hOTT and bOTThered" thread, but I guess this would be better.

On pay day, a co-worker friend (Steve) and I go out to eat. We decide to go to a Denny's that was near his house. We eat and go to pay the bill where the cashier greets us. She was actually nicer than our waitress and was very charming when she said to come back for a future visit.

Two weeks past and we go back to the same Denny's. We are seated and the waitress comes to take our order. It was the cashier from two week's earlier. Her name is Laura and she looked at me and said "You look familiar" with a smile. I looked at her and my heart started beating fast. There felt like such a strong attraction where I couldn't speak. It felt like time stopped until she asked if I wanted to order. I ordered and then Steve ordered. However, I noticed that she was still staring at me while he was ordering.

Throughout the night, she was very good making sure we had enough to drink, eat, etc. that I decided to add more than 20% for the tip. I even put in a good word to (I am assuming) the manager. Since then, Laura was the waitress every time we returned. One time I was watching a show on Steven's phone. She came over, asked what I was watching, and leaned behind me to watch (the battery went out shortly after).

I wondered if Laura was just being nice so she could get a big tip. Part of me thinks she didn't for two reasons:

1. She gave us the choice of paying at the table or at the register. I remember always having to go up to the register to pay at Denny's.

2. I left my card next to the receipt on the table the next time we were there and she never picked it up. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to get the money although she did mention working long hours without making much.

Steve was suggesting I make a move to get her phone number. I was scared because the last time I asked a woman for her number, she answered "I don't think my finance would like that" but I decided to do it when we went back to Denny's this past Friday.

She wasn't there.

After paying the bill, I asked if Laura was still around. I find out she quit the job but the person did not know exactly what happened to make her leave.

I feel crushed and kind of embarrassed to the point where I feel like I shouldn't go there anymore. Sure there are attractive women out there, but I don't remember the last time a woman made me feel so wanted and desired. I'm wondering if I should have made a move sooner; Steve thought I should have returned later that night when she was talking about her long hours.

Since this happened, I don't know what to think. The only thing I'm doing is playing "Love Hurts" on Rock Band and drinking - one bottle of beer a day (usually I drink once a week at the most).

Sorry if this post was too long or in the wrong thread, but I never experienced anything like this before.

Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it might have been a "missed connection" so to speak (have you tried that avenue via Craigslist?).

But on the other hand - it was just a waitress at Denny's. And you're moping about this? You need to get out there any meet other people. There's no reason you should be hung up on a waitress just because you missed your window of opportunity to make a move and ask her out.

Not to be rude but it is the waitress job to make you feel good and special, otherwise she doesn't get a tip. Once you have your routine down, or if you realize someone is tipping nicely you tend to to gravitate towards them and show them favor (as they will show you a nice tip). She might have actually thought you were attractive, you never know, but I definitely wouldn't be down in the dumps because my waitress quit.

[quote name='Cage017']I was going to post a shortened version of this in the "hOTT and bOTThered" thread, but I guess this would be better.

She wasn't there.

Thanks for reading.[/QUOTE]

Don't ever go to a strip club...

You guys are right. At the end of the day, she was just a waitress. She knew my name since she saw it on my card so she could have definitely contacted me or find me on Facebook if she wanted. Still, I never felt that way about a waitress before and I felt like I should have made a move sooner when I had the chance. It still makes me sad though.

And yeah, I don't do Craigslist. Never been to a strip club.

bread's done
Back