relist item issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitz

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, this questions is for ebay users.

I recently bid on 3 games from the same seller. Now this is what part of his description says:

"Shipping and handling for this auction is $5 (More if its international). I do combine shipping to reduce your costs."

I sent him a msg asking him how much it costs to ship to Canada. He told me it would be $6.

So I bid on 3 games and by the above description, was under the impression that he would combine atleast 2 and maybe 3 games for the same price. I won the auctions and sent the payment with the $6 shipping. He later refunds me and says he wants $8.50 for shipping.

So I'm not really willing to pay that much for these games, there not that big at all. He said he would RE-LIST them then.. which comes to the other point. In order to relist them, wouldn't he have to file a claim and say I DIDN'T pay him? in other words get a strike? or can he simple relist and not effect my account status?

He can report you as a non paying bidder because you are refusing to pay the shipping. He combined shipping. Instead of $18 for 3 games shipped at $6 a piece he is charging $8.50 which is VERY reasonable price to ship to canada.

Combining shipping doensn't mean you get additional games shipped for free, it means he bundles them togethor for a reduced cost since he doesnt need to mail 3 seperate packages and the weight increase doesnt effect it as much

You assumed too much OP... plus, he's charging you $8.50 to ship 3 games which is a great price. Most sellers only discount half the cost for each additional game (ie, it would be $12 or something).

as much as it wont cost him more than $4 to mail those three games most sellers overcharge on shipping to cover fees.

$8.50 isn't expensive at all for 3 games. According to USPS to ship a 1lb envelope to canada it costs $8.55 and that is without delivery confirmation. For the $2 it is like media mail with no tracking which many sellers, myself included, will not do as there is no seller protection if the buyer decides to say they never received the package.

[quote name='Nitz']Hey guys, this questions is for ebay users.

I recently bid on 3 games from the same seller. Now this is what part of his description says:

I sent him a msg asking him how much it costs to ship to Canada. He told me it would be $6.

So I bid on 3 games and by the above description, was under the impression that he would combine atleast 2 and maybe 3 games for the same price. I won the auctions and sent the payment with the $6 shipping. He later refunds me and says he wants $8.50 for shipping.

So I'm not really willing to pay that much for these games, there not that big at all. He said he would RE-LIST them then.. which comes to the other point. In order to relist them, wouldn't he have to file a claim and say I DIDN'T pay him? in other words get a strike? or can he simple relist and not effect my account status?
[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

ask him to do both buyer and seller agreeed not to complete the sale

that way he does get his final vaule back and you dont get a strike

if he reports it anyother way you get a non payment strike

The seller did a very generous deal there and reduced the combined shipping to only $8.50, I know of other sellers who will reduce it by a dollar for each game. So you end up paying $16. It's not worth the hassle of filing out those complaints. Might as well just pay the extra $2.50. It saves you time.

[quote name='Brian9824']He can report you as a non paying bidder because you are refusing to pay the shipping. He combined shipping. Instead of $18 for 3 games shipped at $6 a piece he is charging $8.50 which is VERY reasonable price to ship to canada.

Combining shipping doensn't mean you get additional games shipped for free, it means he bundles them togethor for a reduced cost since he doesnt need to mail 3 seperate packages and the weight increase doesnt effect it as much[/QUOTE]
I've placed bids on other items before, which have said "combined shipping" and they've done it for the same price.

[quote name='magiic']as much as it wont cost him more than $4 to mail those three games most sellers overcharge on shipping to cover fees.[/QUOTE]
I agree.. I've gotten many games and most have anywhere from $1-4 stamped on it... half the people in ebay charge so much... and for BS excuses like "Oh.. I was taking care of the game a bit more" Once someone asked for $12 shipping.. I paid it for one game and the package has it listed for $2.01.... wtf!!

[quote name='MrDubbs']So you can't afford an extra $2.50? As others have mentioned that's a great price[/QUOTE]
I could.. but for 3 games that only sell for a buck.. no... If this was a great game, for sure I'd dish the extra shipping out.. but I wouldn't wanna fish out more for garbage...

Just too add.. I've tried to compensate with him and go up to $7 for shipping.

MOST seller list how much they will charge for additional games.

eg. 1.50 additional game won.

As I said above.. other sellers I've bought games off of, who have written combined shipping have SENT the game together for the same price...

To all the sellers out there... don't over charge. I'm not in the states so I don't know how much it costs, but I've noticed many people who've sent packages overcharge a lot. They technically keep more than 60% of the shipping funds.

[quote name='Nitz']I could.. but for 3 games that only sell for a buck.. no... If this was a great game, for sure I'd dish the extra shipping out.. but I wouldn't wanna fish out more for garbage...[/QUOTE]

link to what you won i want to see what 3 games only fetches a buck

If he sold you 3 games for $1 each and then charges you less than it costs him to ship the games why wouldn't he just burn them? Or give them away, instead of losing money?

[quote name='slidecage']link to what you won i want to see what 3 games only fetches a buck[/quote]

my money is on the Burger King Games

not all of them cost $1.. 2 of them are a waste.. and 1 is alright... but if I hadn't bid, the other guy who bid for $1 would have won it. I think that one was about $4-5.

Btw.. some people don't waste games.. look at Shaqfu.. people are still selling that shit!

BTW.. this is what ebay is about.. you lose money or make money... it's all about what you list.

[quote name='magiic']my money is on the Burger King Games[/QUOTE]
those sell around $1.13 I think... with free shipping :p

[quote name='DreamSymphony']If he sold you 3 games for $1 each and then charges you less than it costs him to ship the games why wouldn't he just burn them? Or give them away, instead of losing money?[/QUOTE]
how do you know it costs him less? I told you.. I've seen games arrive with freaking $1.27 tag on it... and I've paid the buyer $6... i'm ripping this guy off? look at all the sellers over charging for shipping and most of it goes to profit for them...

an average xbox game weighs about 6 oz. 3 x 6 oz = 1 lb 2 oz + package 2 oz or so = 1 lb 4 oz. Which costs about $5.50 + $1ish for a package = $6.50 shipping + cost to drive to PO (???). I'd say his asking price of $8.50 is very reasonable considering after ebay fees and paypal he's making nothing.

[quote name='Nitz']how do you know it costs him less? I told you.. I've seen games arrive with freaking $1.27 tag on it... and I've paid the buyer $6... i'm ripping this guy off? look at all the sellers over charging for shipping and most of it goes to profit for them...[/quote]

Sigh.

I've been both a seller and a buyer. As a buyer, I've paid some shipping rates that bore no resemblance to how much the seller paid to ship the item. That undeniably sucks.

As a seller, I try to charge as close to my costs as I can. Sometimes I get it exactly right. Othertimes, I take a hit or it costs the buyer slightly more. It tends to even out over time. If I was dead set on making sure I covered my actual costs, I should charge more for shipping than I do.

But you have no idea how much it actually costs this guy. You're just guessing and you're trying to lowball him. He might have to buy packaging or do something special for your order. Maybe not, but maybe so. I reuse as much packaging as I can, but boxes, envelopes, tape, etc. are generally not free.

Also, three games may put him over a weight limit that (surprise!) costs more than one game. Again; you have no idea.

I think he was really reasonable with you, and since you didn't ask him specifically how much it would cost to ship all three beforehand, the burden is on you to pay what he's asking.

Personally, I can't believe you're willing to risk a strike against you or a negative for $2.50. Or $1.50.

[quote name='DreamSymphony']an average xbox game weighs about 6 oz. 3 x 6 oz = 1 lb 2 oz + package 2 oz or so = 1 lb 4 oz. Which costs about $5.50 + $1ish for a package = $6.50 shipping + cost to drive to PO (???). I'd say his asking price of $8.50 is very reasonable considering after ebay fees and paypal he's making nothing.[/QUOTE]
This game is a sega genesis.. which weighs nothing compared to a xbox or ps2 game.

[quote name='blandstalker']Sigh.

I've been both a seller and a buyer. As a buyer, I've paid some shipping rates that bore no resemblance to how much the seller paid to ship the item. That undeniably sucks.

As a seller, I try to charge as close to my costs as I can. Sometimes I get it exactly right. Othertimes, I take a hit or it costs the buyer slightly more. It tends to even out over time. If I was dead set on making sure I covered my actual costs, I should charge more for shipping than I do.

But you have no idea how much it actually costs this guy. You're just guessing and you're trying to lowball him. He might have to buy packaging or do something special for your order. Maybe not, but maybe so. I reuse as much packaging as I can, but boxes, envelopes, tape, etc. are generally not free.

Also, three games may put him over a weight limit that (surprise!) costs more than one game. Again; you have no idea.

I think he was really reasonable with you, and since you didn't ask him specifically how much it would cost to ship all three beforehand, the burden is on you to pay what he's asking.

Personally, I can't believe you're willing to risk a strike against you or a negative for $2.50. Or $1.50.[/QUOTE]
He can go ahead and issue a strike. I can report his false description. He STATES "he combines shipping". As far as I know on ebay through transactions, when a person states that, they mean they will COMBINE it with the original shipping price.

Now however, if someone lists they will combine shipping BUT!! it will cost an additional X dollars. That is much different and CLEARLY states he is combining shipping and/or how much he is charging IF there is any extra fees.

I've bought games off other sellers, who've written the SAME thing and they've combined the shipping without any excuses...

[quote name='Nitz']He can go ahead and issue a strike. I can report his false description. He STATES "he combines shipping". As far as I know on ebay through transactions, when a person states that, they mean they will COMBINE it with the original shipping price.

Now however, if someone lists they will combine shipping BUT!! it will cost an additional X dollars. That is much different and CLEARLY states he is combining shipping and/or how much he is charging IF there is any extra fees.

I've bought games off other sellers, who've written the SAME thing and they've combined the shipping without any excuses...[/quote]

Combine shipping could mean $18 if he wanted to be a dick (he combines $6 for game 1, $6 for game 2, and $6 for game 3) the fact that he took off $9.50 in shipping hes a hell of a lot better than 99% of the other sellers on there. The best thing to do is to request an invoice before paying anything.

That said based on your previous posts on here about ebay problems I'd have to side with the seller.

[quote name='duckydan']Combine shipping could mean $18 if he wanted to be a dick (he combines $6 for game 1, $6 for game 2, and $6 for game 3) the fact that he took off $9.50 in shipping hes a hell of a lot better than 99% of the other sellers on there. The best thing to do is to request an invoice before paying anything.

That said based on your previous posts on here about ebay problems I'd have to side with the seller.[/QUOTE]
I've never had other issues with or on ebay.

As for combined shipping, MOST sellers STATE how much they will charge. If they don't state it, it either means they don't charge more or they didn't list it.

I've gone up to $1.50 extra and it's up to the seller to accept it or not.

I'm tired of pricks asking for $10-12 and then seeing a packing with $2.31 listed on it...

Jesus christ are you ignorant.

Every bit of crap you spout are through your own twisted view of what you think "combine shipping" means.

Common sense tells most people it means if you win more than one item, he'll reduce the shipping costs to save you money, which this seller did.

Youre being a complete fucktard in this situation. It doesnt matter if you think youre being overcharged. You knew the original shipping up front and YOU didnt bother asking specific questions. Its almost as if you baited the seller into this bullshit situation.

Where the hell did you get the idea you can go on there and bid and then tell them wtf you are gonna pay in the end?

You keep insisting that you're in the right, and you keep talking about people who overcharge you.

You're not in the right. Get over it.

He's not overcharging you. Get over it.

Lots of people are trying to help you here, despite mounting evidence that you are immune to reason, common sense, or even at worse, your own best interest.

The seller does not have to accept your "offer" because you already agreed to buy on his terms. He can "combine" shipping to anything less than $18 and you are still obligated to pay for it.

Sometimes, when people make a mistake, they look for any way, any technicality to get out of their problem. You made a mistake -- if you wanted to be sure that the shipping total was $6, you should have explicitly asked that. You didn't.

Own up to it, swallow your pride, and be thankful that your seller is as reasonable as he is. Learn a lesson, and ask the right questions next time.

Or don't. Really, it's not our problem. It's yours. But we warned you what might happen. Hope it's worth $2.50.

Ok, I agree with you guys, HOWEVER.. I don't think im 100% at fault either. I think if I spent the extra time and sent him a msg on if he would COMBINE the s/h price in 1 or take more etc.. would have helped out the issue.

Also, I think the seller should have listed "roughly" how much he will charge additionally per a game.

So I've sent the user an email and am willing to pay him $8 instead.. of $8.50 because I feel we were both at some what of a fault, though I might be more, since I am after all the buyer. I don't think 50 cents is a big loss for him.

016.gif

You're giving us a bad name!

[quote name='Will']He owes you nothing.

You assumed.

You still lose.

Get over it.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter about WHAT I assumed... he also did not clearly display anything either.

Anyways email sent to him.. he can accept it for deny it.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']
016.gif

You're giving us a bad name![/QUOTE]
giving you a bad name? well.. you are after "cheap ass gamers" LMAO!

I'd Paypal you the extra cash to pay for the justified shipping charge, but you obviously fail hard at the Undergrads Nitz character reference.

Enjoy your negative, hope he mentions "lol too cheap to pay extra $1.50 for combined shipping" in your feedback. :)

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']I'd Paypal you the extra cash to pay for the justified shipping charge, but you obviously fail hard at the Undergrads Nitz character reference.

Enjoy your negative, hope he mentions "lol too cheap to pay extra $1.50 for combined shipping" in your feedback. :)[/quote] I am like nitz.. im a poor college student LOL!! if I was out of college, I doubt I'd worry about spending even an extra 5 bucks...

the reason I brought it up is because in the past I've bid on 2 games from a seller and they shipped it WITHIN the same shipping price of one... In otherwords, saved me the hassle of spending more than I already have too.

Also, there isn't a difference of $1.50?? where did you get that? there is a difference of $3-4.

BTW, nitz is a emo character.. well sometimes.. when he can't get that girl he wants... :( I need a friend like gimpy...

BTW, off topic, but I never knew they showed Undergrads in the states? Everyone I ask says WTF is that....

The bottom line is, you bid and entered (signed) into a contract without knowing the terms. Unfortunitly for you, you don't like the terms, but are bound by them.

Some sellers may be willing to ship games at a combined flat rate cost, 2 for 6, 3 for 6, etc. He could also possibily ship for four bucks. However he doesn't have to do any of it.

Personally, I would chalk it up as a learning experience, pay the small difference, and move on. It's not worth getting a strike over, and a neg feedback for such a small amount. Next time ask the seller questions prior, so theres no surprise, and if you dont like the shipping amount don't bid, plain and simple

[quote name='MrDubbs']The bottom line is, you bid and entered (signed) into a contract without knowing the terms. Unfortunitly for you, you don't like the terms, but are bound by them.

Some sellers may be willing to ship games at a combined flat rate cost, 2 for 6, 3 for 6, etc. He could also possibily ship for four bucks. However he doesn't have to do any of it.

Personally, I would chalk it up as a learning experience, pay the small difference, and move on. It's not worth getting a strike over, and a neg feedback for such a small amount. Next time ask the seller questions prior, so theres no surprise, and if you dont like the shipping amount don't bid, plain and simple[/QUOTE]

Its not gonna happen. He's using other sellers service to justify what he wants without admitting any wrong.

Just because one seller does something one way doesnt make it so for everyone else. Just suck it up, admit you didnt do your homework on it, assumed too much, and youre being a bitch about a seller actually doing you a favor.

Well the seller was willing to TAKE THE HIT.. and do it for $6.. but I gave him an extra $1 and he's fine with it.

Like I said.. both of us were wrong here... I should have clarified the combining of shipping and he should have listed that he DOES charge more per a game.

I've bought 2-3 sets of games before and the sellers have combined the same shipping charge for both items.. Where as others list how much it costs IF you get additional games. It all depends on the seller.. if there a nice guy.. they will help you out.. otherwise.. they will take more $$ out of your wallet.

As I stated.. I'm not 100% wrong here, but I'm not entirly right..

So I'll take this as a lesson and ask next time.

BTW, I've asked one seller a long time ago.. and what I disliked about his dirty tactic was shill bidding. He basically knew I wanted an item and created a new account and bid on it... It was later proven to ebay that he DID infact use the same PC for both accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back