Remaining Xbox Games Buy 1 get 2 free gamestop

[quote name='coolsteel']The hell? The list did shrink[/QUOTE]

OMFG, MS are such asses.
That is the list of just the "XBOX Originals" which are Games on Demand DLC direct to your 360.
Since they removed LIVE play for all Xbox Originals and Gamestop is liquidating,
apparently they saw fit to remove the rest of the fully BC games. 465 games!

Not like you can't get all those games at a garage sale, flea market, craigslist or ebay.
Start collecting now, XBOX1 is near obsolete = prices will start rising soon.

Get Major Nelson's OFFICIAL Nov 2007 BC list before it's gone:

BC games look HELLA better on 360 BTW:
halo_comparison_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zmarselle']I did a lookup of Steel Battalion the other day, and I think there are only 2 or 3 stores in the country that have it.[/QUOTE]

Well, good thing one of them is near me.

May have to start planning on what to pick up for the Xbox on Monday. Too bad most of the games at the GS around me are either sports titles, disc-only games, or incomplete games.

I'll have to go and see if I can grab some extra copies of Phantom Dust. I'd love to have 4 of them, for LAN now that Live's gone.

I can't think of anything I want from this sale, I made a point to get whatever Xbox titles I wanted back when they were easy to get complete. Would have been nice had they done this back when stock didn't suck.

that wikipedia list makes me think trying to play xbox games on the 360 is kind of pointless. Many games have problems that sound like they'd be pretty significant. Even the game I have, Knights of the Old Republic, has slowdown in battles and outside of battles and volume dropping very low at times. Now thinking I should resell the game and avoid the frustration.

[quote name='coolsteel']I can't think of anything I want from this sale, I made a point to get whatever Xbox titles I wanted back when they were easy to get complete. Would have been nice had they done this back when stock didn't suck.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing taking advantages of sales at various stores to get my Xbox games as cheap, complete and as good condition as possible.

I paid a little more than they are now but it was definitely worth it and the selection and quality was excellent back then, now it's garbage.

[quote name='Vegan']Well, good thing one of them is near me.[/QUOTE]

If so, then definitely buy it now (with the 50% off sale) rather than at B1G2 (since there's nothing that'll come close to the 44.99 value for Steel Battalion). Also, before you drive any meaningful distance, I'd definitely call ahead (I know it's super ultra taboo). When the bundles were still showing up on the inventory searches around me, I was finding the stores had the game but no controller.

[quote name='Vortextk']If Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Halo Reach, Forza 3, Left 4 dead 2, Bayonetta(better version) and Mass effect 2 can't do it(all within a year of each other), I don't see why you would ever get one. That line up is pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect 1 & 2 are really the only games that look interesting to me. Splinter Cell looks fun, but I've yet to play the previous games.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']to resale it .....[/QUOTE]
That would have made sense before the digital version came out.

The reason it sold for so much was because the Xbox and PS2 versions were the most recent versions of the game available, aside from the Dreamcast port. Problem is that they were seriously flawed and have apparently dropped like a rock now that a better version based off the DC port was released on XBLA and PSN.

Good luck to all those looking for XBOX games -- as a collector, I'm big on the condition of my games so I bought all the XBOX games I was looking for a while back. I'm pretty sure the GS stores by me have pretty much nothing of interest (just a ton of sports games).

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Most of the good stuff is gone from my Gamestops. I'll have to scour for the few games I need. Happy hunting all.

Anyone know a good place to grab an XBOX 1 besides e-bay? E-bay just seems very iffy at times. I have one but am worried about what happens if it stops working. It would be nice to have a back up to play some of the non-BC games in my backlog.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Anyone know a good place to grab an XBOX 1 besides e-bay? E-bay just seems very iffy at times. I have one but am worried about what happens if it stops working. It would be nice to have a back up to play some of the non-BC games in my backlog.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious to this as well. Mine crapped out shorty after I bought my 360 (maybe its self-aware or something) and been wanting to snag another one if its on the cheap of course.

Some stores might have some, though don't expect a whole lot. Only two in my area have any. It's also worth noting that the systems are still priced at $50.

Check out your local thrift stores. I picked one up at mine a few months ago for $20.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Anyone know a good place to grab an XBOX 1 besides e-bay? E-bay just seems very iffy at times. I have one but am worried about what happens if it stops working. It would be nice to have a back up to play some of the non-BC games in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Anyone know a good place to grab an XBOX 1 besides e-bay? [/QUOTE]

Some GameStops still have XBOX 1 consoles. If a particular store does not have one, they can ask other stores in the area.

If you have Hasting's in your area, they also carry used Xbox consoles.

MY gamespots have a ton of xbox games, but theyre all in those generic cases with no instructions. I really hate that. But this is too good to pass up since theyre most likely gonna send them to a warehouse.

Hmmm, I've been playing Conviction lately, the only SC title since the first one in 2001 that I've played. This may be a good opportunity to pick up most of the others now, too, and Double Agent is cheap as hell nowadays also.

I already picked up pretty much all the XBOX games I could ever want about a year ago. I wish I could find a complete copy of Conker or Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (I already have the game, but just the disk :whistle2:().

I just wish they'd clear out the consoles like they did back in the day when I got a Dreamcast for $20. I already have three Xboxes, but I'd like to pick up a couple more just so I can have LAN parties at my house + a couple backup consoles.

[quote name='musicjunkie']I'm curious to this as well. Mine crapped out shorty after I bought my 360 (maybe its self-aware or something) and been wanting to snag another one if its on the cheap of course.[/QUOTE]

Try Craig's list. There are some super cheap xbox systems there.

Craigslist is where I'm buying an original Xbox for $30.

I'd reccomend against getting one at GS even if they have them because last I knew GS was selling them for $50.

Grabbed Just Cause 2 yesterday from Gamestop in the mall and saw that there were absolutely no xbox games to be found. The large bins they have for last gen games were just chock full of PS2 titles now. Didn't check out the Software Etc. just a few shops down but I can only imagine that they wouldn't have a selection to pick through anyway.

I picked up for a total of about $10 today at a combination of Buybacks, GS, and a local store chain called The Exchange:

Rainbow six: Critical Hour
Mechassault 1 (black label)
RTCW: Tides of War (black label)
Tom Clancy Companion Disc (for loaning out so people can get the 3 SC1 maps) - this was in a generic GS case and was only $.41 after 50% and edge. :D

[quote name='musicjunkie']I'm curious to this as well. Mine crapped out shorty after I bought my 360 (maybe its self-aware or something) and been wanting to snag another one if its on the cheap of course.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 xbox 1 that im trying to sell so if your interested or if anyone else is interested, PM me.

I just picked up a close to launch model that works fine and came with a wireless Logitech controller and 7 games for $30 total. :D

i would pick up halo 2 but , no online, no bots. no forge... and reach beta is like less than 2 weeks away.

i have ninja gaiden, jsrf, conker, crimson sea, grabbed by ghoulies, jade empires and shenmue 2.

why the **** are there so many poker games.. its like god damn. i cant find any game that interests me and 90% of whats there isnt "complete"

not to mention its weird playing xbox on 360.. no dashboard. it feels like im using a different half broken hardware emulation.

I was looking for a solo version of JSRF, but didn't see one today at any of the stores I went to.(GS, Exchange, or Buybacks)

Thanks for the link!

I have the following list to look for now:
Project Gotham Racing 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
NFL 2k5
Crimson Skies
Beyond Good and Evil
Doom 3 CE
Metal Gear Solid 2
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Price of Persia: The Two Thrones
Ket Set Radio Future
007 Everything or Nothing
Links 2004
Thief Deadly Shadows

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']everyone needs to pick up Phantom Dust...most underrated xbox game[/QUOTE]

Amen brotha! I love that game!

Anyone get anything good this morning?

I picked up 6 games, two of which were complete. (Total Overdose - shooting Mexicans and drinking knockoff Cuervo - and Links 2004)

Awesome! The Great Lakes Plaza one in Mentor, Ohio still has a HUGE rack of Xbox games. Will have to check out.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Awesome! The Great Lakes Plaza one in Mentor, Ohio still has a HUGE rack of Xbox games. Will have to check out.[/QUOTE]

So did the Kent/Ravenna, OH one. Then they shipped most of them off in the past few days. :(

[quote name='Vegan']Well, good thing one of them is near me.[/QUOTE]

Dont get your hopes up. There is one complete Steel Batallion listed within a few miles of me. Unfortunately, it doesn't exist at that store. Completely missing. I checked for it there years ago. It's still in the system, but no where to be found in the store, despite multiple managers and employees checking the back...

Also note, I just checked out gamestop.com and the "Xbox clearance" is no longer mentioned under "trade in deals and special offers link". They also finally removed the GB/GBC clearance link.

And for those of you looking for the stores that actually still carry original Xbox games, go to gamestop.com, click the link for Xbox, and my method is to search for the nearest stores that have games I'm interested in, and you should be able to see a couple of stores that look like they have a good selection because they will keep appearing in the search of individual games. At this point, not too many stores have any games at all, and employees have told me in the past, when they are clearancing a system, slow moving stores will send their inventory back to the main warehouse(s), but also stores that are actually moving the clearance inventory will receive additional clearance inventory from other stores and the warehouse.

The key is to find these "goldmine" stores.

Finally, if you want Jet Set Radio Future, an alternative to getting a copy of the original game is to just get the $.99 Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT combo disc. That one will be everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean the few titles online I was hoping would come back in stock aren't going to? (They were there a few weeks ago, I dawdled and now they are gone.)

bread's done
Back