Remember the $0.02 Amazon.com pricing mistake for Trauma Center?

KillerQueen87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Well mine went through, and I HAVE IT!

amazon.gif

I was suprised myself when everyone else's orders got canceled and mine went through.

[quote name='jlarlee']good luck topping that deal. I doubt we are going to get companies to pay us to take their games[/quote]

My order was canceled very soon after I did it. Congrats on getting it!

[quote name='djkunai']It's because you used a gift certificate.[/quote]

If this is a true loophole, maybe we should all get Gift Certificates for about $5 for the future. This is only one of many recent Amazon mistakes that have gotten cancelled this year...

BTW OP, you didn't mention you also got free Prime Shipping :applause:

Funniest part of this deal: I jumped on it myself (to get cancelled shortly thereafter) thinking it was for the DS.

[quote name='Kerig']If this is a true loophole, maybe we should all get Gift Certificates for about $5 for the future. This is only one of many recent Amazon mistakes that have gotten cancelled this year...

BTW OP, you didn't mention you also got free Prime Shipping :applause:

Funniest part of this deal: I jumped on it myself (to get cancelled shortly thereafter) thinking it was for the DS.[/QUOTE]
Yes, if thats really the reason. Did anyone else use a gift certificate and still get canceled?

Now here's for the whole story:

When it got put in my cart, I originally had Castlevania:portrait of Ruin along with it. I didn't have any kind of credit card linked to my account (since I've just used GCs in the past,) so I selected PAY BY CHECK just to get the order in quickly. (I didn't even know that was an option!)

So when people said their orders were getting canceled, I didn't even bother changing my payment method. So hours went by...nothing.

Two weeks later, now with a $50 visa gift card in my possession, I use it to preorder C:poR from EBGames.com. So I subsequently cancel that portion of the Amazon order. Yeah, no more supersaver shipping, but I was still only under $5.

Now here's where it gets interesting. So there was something that I wanted to buy using the rest of my GC from Amazon. I realize that the remaining balance will just cover the price of the item, not shipping. That's when I notice a banner for a 2-month trial of Amazon Prime. So I go to sign up, seeing that you need to give them your credit card number so that if you don't cancel in the 2 months they can charge your credit card. Well, after this transaction the GC would only have 0.92 on it, so that's linked to my Prime account.

So now I change my Trauma Center order to get free two-day shipping. Since I couldn't apply gift certificate balance to orders by check, I switch my payment method to my GC and apply my remaing Amazon credit (of a grand total of 0.11) , bring the cost to me to 0.00.

My guess is that when they canceled the rest of the orders, they only looked at charged credit/bank cards so they could get those straightened out and completely overlooked any paid by check. (Seriously, Who pays by check anymore?) I guess since I wasn't actually charged for the item yet, there was nothing they could cancel.

So, I guess I should get around to canceling that Prime trial....

Yours is not the only one that went through. I'm admitting to nothing mind you.

But..

:D :D :D :D

Details: Prime. No GC. Visa debit.

bread's done
Back