Reminder: Buy Goozex Trade Tokens TODAY & SAVE 50% Before Price Increase TOMORROW

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
Here is a heads-up to anyone currently using, or planning to use, Goozex to trade video games, DVD's, and blu-ray movies. The fees are hiking up to $1.99 per trade TOMORROW. I would advise you to load up on $1 trade tokens as this is the FINAL day before the price increase. This would be a smart move for the occasional traders that have below 100 and 500 feedback.

[quote name='goozex']
Starting December 1, 2010, the price of each token used to receive items will be $1.99. As usual, each trade will continue to cost one token per trade. The fee increase allows Goozex to keep expanding the service, meet your customer support demands, and improve the e-commerce experience for all members. Along with the fee increase we are going to deliver a better and improved user experience on Goozex. The first improvement will be a new and improved "Matrix Match" system, which has been long requested by many members.

Here is the current fee structure that is good until the end of today:
Many of you have been such loyal members of Goozex, and we would like to say "thank you" by offering discounts to high-traders: If you have a feedback score of 100 or higher, you will be able to purchase tokens at the original $1.00 price through December 31, 2010. If you have a feedback score of 500 or more, you will always be able to buy tokens for $1.00 as a special achievement bonus. Additionally, if you achieve the 500 feedback score later (say in summer 2011) you will unlock the $1 token pricing.[/quote]

Current Token Cost Structure Ending Today 11/30
  • 5 Trade tokens $ 5.00
  • 10 Trade tokens $ 10.00
  • 16 Trade tokens $ 16.00
  • 22 Trade tokens $ 22.00
  • 30 Trade tokens $ 27.00 Save 10%!
  • 60 Trade tokens $ 51.00 Save 15%!
  • 90 Trade tokens $ 72.00 Save 20%!
  • 120 Trade tokens $ 90.00 Save 25%!

Goozex.com

Discuss in the official CAG Goozex thread

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Thanks, for the heads up but my feedback score is 300+. I really don't use the service as much as I used to[/QUOTE]

300+ ...wow! I can't imagine shipping out and getting in that many games and movies.

Before buying, make sure to read some of the Goozex members responses to CAGers unhappy with the changes:
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/64671.aspx?PageIndex=44

And be advised many members are quitting. So before you buy tokens, just know you will have less items to get.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Before buying, make sure to read some of the Goozex members responses to CAGers unhappy with the changes:
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/64671.aspx?PageIndex=44

And be advised many members are quitting. So before you buy tokens, just know you will have less items to get.[/QUOTE]

I take these points away from the raise:
  1. Goozex is still making equal profit even if about half of their base stops using the service; what's it to them if even a quarter of the users quit?
  2. Goozex needed a cash influx fast, knowing many users would gobble up tokens at $1/each when a raise was coming

Either way it pretty much makes 100-300 point games useless for picking up as "deals". $2 token & $5/$10/$15 in "Points" > the same game/movie with Free-$3.99 shipping on Half & Amazon. Even if a user has an excess of points from flipping games over, there is a discrepancy in value. The smart thing for Goozex would be to make low-level trades free to keep people involved with the system.

bread's done
Back