Reminder: Cancel that 6-month blockbuster trial

Rabidmuskrat

CAGiversary!
Just a reminder, it's almost time where Blockbuster will try and bill you for that 6 month trial they had a while back. I for one thought that the quality of the service was terrible. Never could get any games, and half the discs I ever got were severely damaged.

Agree on the quality of the service. FYI, they also keep sending you games even after you cancel if your time is not up. I even deleted everything from my queue and they are still coming. Oddly it is all stuff that had said long wait before I cancelled. I just keep tearing off the cover and sending them right back.

Thanks for the reminder. I went an entire month of not receiving anything with a 40 game queue. Awful service. Would never pay for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Make sure to get one before this hits slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

Nice one! Years and years ago I found cag through SD, and I never looked back. All I needs is video games, hook em up to my veins!

[quote name='sgand']Thanks for the reminder. I went an entire month of not receiving anything with a 40 game queue. Awful service. Would never pay for it.[/QUOTE]
Damn that sucks, I must haved done my trial before a flood of new customers came, I was usually able to get titles 2 years and older

Thanks for the reminder OP! I still have a few more weeks on mine, which probably means I can get 1 more movie given their shipping speeds. It's tough to complain about a free service but their shipping speeds are terrible. I will send in a movie on Monday, it will get to them on Tuesday. Usually takes a couple days to process so the next movie will ship out Thursday or so and I'll get the replacement the following Monday!

[quote name='Chemosh013']Thanks for the reminder OP! I still have a few more weeks on mine, which probably means I can get 1 more movie given their shipping speeds. It's tough to complain about a free service but their shipping speeds are terrible. I will send in a movie on Monday, it will get to them on Tuesday. Usually takes a couple days to process so the next movie will ship out Thursday or so and I'll get the replacement the following Monday![/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I think I only ended up getting about 2 dvds, 1 bluray, and not a single game. Free is nice and all, but the purpose of a free sample is to ENTICE you to spend more. Not the opposite.

Knew i had to cancel mine. I also think i got like 5 movies over 6 months. I had a bunch of games in queue but nothing ever came.

I'm guessing availability of stuff will shoot up and membership will shoot down in a few weeks. =]

I didn't get much from the service. I still have a week or two left on my sub. Hoping my last DVD shows up (some documentary I can't find on Netflix).

what a waste of time signing up for this sh*t. I got one game that by the time I received it, best buy had it on sale for $5 so I just bought it....can't wait to see blockbuster in the obituaries soon!! :D

Horrible service. 14 game que & have not gotten anything since 10/22. I was gonna wait closer to the date but see no reason too. The only thing i ever got from them was movies & never ones that have come out within the last 6 months. Also the fact that it was suppose to be an unlimited trial that they all of the sudden switched to 2 per month really soured me to them.

Thanks for the heads up. My service ends in 2 weeks so I might still get one more movie. The only thing I like about blockbuster is that they have all the new releases unlike redbox. I used to get my movies from a mom and pop shop down the street from my house and they usually had new movies a few days before release date but they are gone now along with all the others that were around before redbox took over.

My billing date was 1/13, so Friday I sent back Source Code (which I'd had for 3 months), deleted everything in my queue and canceled my subscription online. Today I get an email telling me they shipped me another movie.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']My billing date was 1/13, so Friday I sent back Source Code (which I'd had for 3 months), deleted everything in my queue and canceled my subscription online. Today I get an email telling me they shipped me another movie.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even bother deleting queue, since it was all high demand/youll never get it. You know, stuff like that game that just came out - Rayman Origins.

I think you have a month to return after end date though.

bread's done
Back